Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:47 AM   #1
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Historical league

I stated a historical league beginning in 1969, released all the players and did an inaugural draft. I also changed the Amateur Draft from December 1969 to June 1969 - and I noticed that the players drafted that year, were in the inaugural draft. Should I turn off the amateur draft for 1969? I don't want duplicate players.

Thoughts?
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Well?
Old 03-31-2020, 10:18 AM   #3
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Can I get someone to please help me with this question.

Major league did two drafts back then; January and June. If I turn off the 1969 amateur draft, and turn it back on in 1970, will I get both draft class eligible players?
Old 03-31-2020, 10:34 AM   #4
ALB123
All Star Reserve

I'm sorry, but I have no idea. I don't think anyone is ignoring your question, but most times people aren't going to reply just to say, "Wow...I really don't know that answer'" Hang in there, I'm sure someone will know.

EDIT: Have you given this a read? http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...augural_drafts? I just searched on the word "draft" and that was one of the results, admittedly, further down the list. Maybe you'll find your answer there.

Last edited by ALB123; 03-31-2020 at 10:36 AM.
ALB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:35 PM   #5
thehef
Hall Of Famer

I, too, have no idea. When I'm faced with stuff like this, I backup my game (if the setup was significant or if I've already put many sim-years into it), and then let it run and see what happens (IOW, test it out). That way you can always restore from backup and make changes in setup if you don't like how it turned out.

Good luck
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:11 PM   #6
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

I would think you will get the 1969 rookies being duplicated or perhaps an empty draft pool that first year but I am not certain. I don’t think the game would load 1970 draftees while the 1969 season is running. Might also depend on what you set your draft reveal date to be. Why not test it? Copy your league or create a backup and sim forward to see what happens.

My one question is why would you want it in June unless maybe if you have import real minor league players and teams enabled. Without that you are either costing players half of their real rookie season ( if it imports 1969 players) or letting them debut 1/2 year before they really did (if it imports 1970 class). Not knocking your decision to do it this way. Just wondering the thought process.
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:04 PM   #7
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

I like playing historical games and messing around with settings, and I've either not noticed it, or noticed it and just changed the amateur draft date back to December. Though, from my experience, historical draft pools for a certain calendar year consist of players who made their majors debut the year afterwards, regardless of the exact draft date (or their pro debut, if you have full minors included). If I'm wrong anyone please correct me on this.

I think the game is really designed to have the amateur drafts after the season ends, which is the default. It looks like a design decision, perhaps they want to avoid weird things happening like a rookie importing with very strong ratings, making the big leagues immediately, and playing the second half of the season, the season before they made their real-life debut.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:09 AM   #8
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

I appreciate everyone's responses. I wanted in June, because that is when the current Major League draft is; back then they had two major league drafts - one in January and one in June. I backed up my league as suggested and moved forward until the draft class was revealed --- and it was in fact the 1970 draft class. So I then stopped the game - changed the date of the amateur draft to December 28th. I also had AAA starting before MLB, so I had to modify that as well. Thanks again for the assistance!