Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 24 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2023 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA and the KBO.

Old 11-04-2023, 10:39 AM   #1
ajsomers
Minors (Single A)

Moving saves from comp to comp

I know this has been asked before but I cannot find a prior thread, so I apologize for the redundancy. Is there a "recommended" way to move a save file from one computer to another? Was there a folder I needed to make sure to move? Or would the league backup file work?

Thanks in advance!

The screen on my laptop is dying so I'm just hoping to move my save to the replacement machine without needing to start over.
ajsomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 11:12 AM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

It's the saved_games folder in Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 24 (or the equivalent folder if you used a different install directory), not the Saved Games folder in C:\Users\[your name].
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 12:00 PM   #3
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I highly recommend using Dropbox or a similar service to sync and share your saved games between computers. I've done that for years, and it makes it easy to access and play a saved game or work on your saved game files from any machine. All you have to do is set OOTP to point to your Dropbox folder for saved games and keep your files there.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 12:54 PM   #4
ajsomers
Minors (Single A)

Great, thanks for the quick response guys! I'll have to give that Dropbox (I have Onedrive but should work the same) idea a try as well.
ajsomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 03:50 PM   #5
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Don’t use Dropbox. OOTP has far too many small files and your syncing will slow to a crawl.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 07:48 PM   #6
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Getting Steam Cloud would be among my most requested features.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 10:45 PM   #7
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
Don’t use Dropbox. OOTP has far too many small files and your syncing will slow to a crawl.
This is not true unless you are syncing more than 200,000 files with Dropbox. I only sync the few saved games that I might be using at a given time, along with many business files and some other gaming files that I need to access regularly. Otherwise, I use the online-only and selective sync options for other files that I want to back up but don't necessarily need on my local machine. I also move other saved games out of my Dropbox folder when I don't need them, since I can just keep them or back them up elsewhere. Ultimately, I make sure to stay under that 200,000-file threshold, and that is never a problem.

In the past, I encountered the issue you described, but it was long before I used Dropbox with OOTP, and it was due to the fact that I was syncing way too many files to my local machine. Once I contacted Dropbox support and learned about the limit, I stopped syncing any rarely used files to my local machine and started using the selective sync and the online-only options. Ever since then, Dropbox syncs beautifully, even with thousands of OOTP files in my folders.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 02:34 AM   #8
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Just do what I do with my end-of-the-season-files: Zip the entire saved game-folder of your league

Then copy the zip-file to your other computer and unzip it there
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 08:46 AM   #9
zappa1
All Star Starter

I just copied the saved games folder to a usb thingy and installed it to the new PC that way. Did the same with the quick start folder, too.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote