Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Ratings changing on their own- what is up

I have scouting turned off

I am not a happy camper right now....

I have personally edited every minor leaguer in the 1976 season ...every statistic and rating...have played 4-5 games for every team already and this happened

I was just looking at a couple of players before a game and it out of nowhere it seems that all of the stats have been changed.....

what is going on?
Pinetarpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinetarpress View Post
I have scouting turned off

I am not a happy camper right now....

I have personally edited every minor leaguer in the 1976 season ...every statistic and rating...have played 4-5 games for every team already and this happened

I was just looking at a couple of players before a game and it out of nowhere it seems that all of the stats have been changed.....

what is going on?
Did you turn off league evolution?

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Player ratings change all the time. Not for every player but, they change. Players go up and down, especially in the minors.

Are you using scouting? Did you do a new scouting report on the players? If you edit players when using scouting, you have to rescout them to see the changes.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #4
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Player ratings change all the time. Not for every player but, they change. Players go up and down, especially in the minors.

Are you using scouting? Did you do a new scouting report on the players? If you edit players when using scouting, you have to rescout them to see the changes.
He specifically says he is not using scouting. But your first point is correct and likely explains the ratings changes.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

What is your ratings scale? Obviously a 100 scale will show big changes vs a 5 scale.

Do you have relative ratings checkbox checked?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Do you have player development turned off?

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

If you used the player editor you must press enter after any changed value. You mention that imputed stats changed. That suggests that you may not have pressed enter. Did you do this for all changes/players?

Edit

Not sure I'm right about that. If I'm wrong I'll delete.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 11-24-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #8
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
If you used the player editor you must press enter after any changed value. You mention that imputed stats changed. That suggests that you may not have pressed enter. Did you do this for all changes/players?

Edit

Not sure I'm right about that. If I'm wrong I'll delete.
Pretty certain you're right.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #9
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

I have player development off...,i press enter every time...like i said, the ratings have been fine the whole season and seemed to change after I updated with the last update...

I am on the 20-80 ratings scale...

again----i edit every single player's stats with the resulting stats section

AB, H, 2B, 3B, HR, BB, HBP, K....and edit their defensive rankings...same with pitchers

I do this to make them the player they were in 1976....but, out of nowhere all of a sudden the game has changed all the work i put in and those stats are way off what i put in....Again, I have EVERYTHING turned off....i was very precise about this from the get go so I would not have this issue...yet, after the update it seems all that work was wasted...Rick Lysander and many more pitchers had their stamina ranking go completely down...Jerry Stone of the 1976 Hawaii Islanders had his hitting stats completely adjusted....

Maybe something else turned on after the upload...but, i can't see anyplace where scouting or player development was turned back on

Last edited by Pinetarpress; 11-24-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have player development off...,i press enter every time...like i said, the ratings have been fine the whole season and seemed to change after I updated with the last update...

I am on the 20-80 ratings scale...

again----i edit every single player's stats with the resulting stats section

AB, H, 2B, 3B, HR, BB, HBP, K....and edit their defensive rankings...same with pitchers

I do this to make them the player they were in 1976....but, out of nowhere all of a sudden the game has changed all the work i put in and those stats are way off what i put in....Again, I have EVERYTHING turned off....i was very precise about this from the get go so I would not have this issue...yet, after the update it seems all that work was wasted...Rick Lysander and many more pitchers had their stamina ranking go completely down...Jerry Stone of the 1976 Hawaii Islanders had his hitting stats completely adjusted....

Maybe something else turned on after the upload...but, i can't see anyplace where scouting or player development was turned back on
You downloaded an update after the edits?

RichW

Old 11-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #11
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

yes

I had avoided downloading updates but my hard drive crashed and i had to re-install my game...in doing so, i believe the latest update was already on the re-install....i could be wrong..
Old 11-24-2014, 06:04 PM   #12
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I had avoided downloading updates but my hard drive crashed and i had to re-install my game...in doing so, i believe the latest update was already on the re-install....i could be wrong..
Again in my experience updates turn on stuff like league evolution and storylines. Does it turn on development etc.???

RichW

Old 11-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #13
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Again in my experience updates turn on stuff like league evolution and storylines. Does it turn on development etc.???
that might have been it.,...honestly i don't know...If the update was already in the re-boot that is possible...just frustrating to have to go back and do all of this again ...how, can I make sure it doesn't happen again is the million dollar question
Old 11-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #14
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
that might have been it.,...honestly i don't know...If the update was already in the re-boot that is possible...just frustrating to have to go back and do all of this again ...how, can I make sure it doesn't happen again is the million dollar question
Did you happen to export rosters after you edited the rosters but before you started simming games? If so, just re-import the rosters and their ratings should readjust back to where you had them.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #15
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
Did you happen to export rosters after you edited the rosters but before you started simming games? If so, just re-import the rosters and their ratings should readjust back to where you had them.
No----i didn't....I will just re-edit each team before they play a game...at least the players attributes didn't change (name, height, weight, etc...)
Old 11-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #16
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Ok...i just noticed something...they are changing as soon as i am done editing a player...it automatically goes to 550 at bats and while the stats are similar to what i edit they are still different...not sure why this is all of a sudden different than before...

Relievers automaticallty are re-adjusted to face 330 batters and starters to 900....again, the stats are coming out similar to my edits...just, not sure why it is doing this all of a sudden

any suggestions?

Last edited by Pinetarpress; 11-25-2014 at 02:27 PM.