Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-12-2019, 05:03 AM   #141
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
One thing I'm confused about is the schedule of sims in the tournaments. I thought I read somewhere that tournament sims would go every 10 min, but it seems most of them are on the same 30-min clock as regular PT. I'm not sure if I misunderstood the original specs, if the devs have changed their mind about the 10 vs 30 min schedule, or if something else would explain this.
The other sticky in this forum about how to play tournaments explains the sim intervals.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:05 AM   #142
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I think he just means how cards get dropped back onto the inactive roster when an auction expires in normal PT...he saw this same thing happen in tournament PT. Cards were returning from auction and showing up in the tournament inactive roster while he was working on that roster. I can confirm I saw the same thing happen. While I was tinkering with one of my tournament rosters, a silver Denny McLain card I had up for auction went unsold and then slotted into the inactive roster for that tournament. Maybe this has something to do with main PT and tournament PT having a "semi-permeable" barrier?
Well, the "inactive roster" (I assume you mean inactive cards, not the reserve roster) is just the list of all cards that you own which are not active. It's the same everywhere, so not a problem.

Quote:
Yeah. I entered one tournament. Then looked for a second tournament, and set my roster there (which was different than the roster in the 1st tournament). When I went back to check on the first tournament I had entered, I noticed the roster in that, previous tournament reflected some of the roster moves I'd made in the other, later tournament. And, yes, the previous tournament was already in progress.
OK. That should not happen. We'll investigate.
Edit: I have tested this, but I am unable to reproduce the problem And since we tie the exports to the tournament IDs, I cannot see how this could happen in the first place. Are you sure you did not confuse the tournaments?

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-12-2019 at 05:29 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:40 AM   #143
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
AI completely took over my roster when the TWIPT tournament went live. I spent an hour carefully crafting my roster and the computer just decided to change everything on me.
Then you probably forgot to submit the roster in time, otherwise the AI would not have touched it.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:44 AM   #144
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
Is there a way to turn off team graphics? Loading into tournaments just takes forever because of these.

edit: I know that exhaustion is boosted in tournaments but I think it's a bit too much. Look at the screenshots of my staff and my opponents staff im the final series of a 64 man tournament.
I see the same thing and way before the final series. Nine games into a tournament and my staff is completely burned. And since the entire pitching staff is burned constantly, I see outlandish offensive numbers.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:21 AM   #145
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
I see the same thing and way before the final series. Nine games into a tournament and my staff is completely burned. And since the entire pitching staff is burned constantly, I see outlandish offensive numbers.
Yeah, we'll likely have to insert a few off-days or increase the pitcher stamina setting.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:00 AM   #146
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Is there merit to considering (assuming it is easy enough to toggle on the developer end) raising the number of tournaments for a team from 3 to, say, 6? I ask because one of the tourneys I wanted (128 teams) is only up to 25 sign-ups after a day and one of my other teams lost first round in a 128 team best of 7 that will take some time to complete (and I am trapped there it seems until it is complete). Given the life cycle of the game is on the back end with OOTP 21 and spring training not THAT far away... would increasing the beta pool with six teams each (18 per license) help the team get more data and also help us maximize our investments in/joy at the Tourney feature? Also, I could not regret signing up for the long tournaments

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #147
Isarnan
Bat Boy

Are the teams that break the rules going to get rewards? Its one thing to know my 1624 team is going to get obliterated by a 2278 team....but the fact that they will get rewarded for exceeding the cap by 653 feels bad.
Isarnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:02 AM   #148
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
Is there merit to considering (assuming it is easy enough to toggle on the developer end) raising the number of tournaments for a team from 3 to, say, 6? I ask because one of the tourneys I wanted (128 teams) is only up to 25 sign-ups after a day and one of my other teams lost first round in a 128 team best of 7 that will take some time to complete (and I am trapped there it seems until it is complete). Given the life cycle of the game is on the back end with OOTP 21 and spring training not THAT far away... would increasing the beta pool with six teams each (18 per license) help the team get more data and also help us maximize our investments in/joy at the Tourney feature? Also, I could not regret signing up for the long tournaments
When you are eliminated from a tournament it immediately frees up 1 tournament slot. At least that was the case for me several times yesterday.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #149
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isarnan View Post
Are the teams that break the rules going to get rewards? Its one thing to know my 1624 team is going to get obliterated by a 2278 team....but the fact that they will get rewarded for exceeding the cap by 653 feels bad.
Example? Which tournament ID?

We still have no idea why some teams are able to go above the cap... if anybody knows how, let us know please!

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-12-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #150
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yeah, we'll likely have to insert a few off-days or increase the pitcher stamina setting.
Increase pitcher stamina in preference to off-days. You get off-days when you sweep your series while your opponents are still playing.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:33 AM   #151
bailey
Hall Of Famer

My favorite kind of tournament has yet to be realized. An open tournament for whales of 16 or 32, best of 7 every round, 10 minute interval, MINIMUM salary of 2400 average card 96.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:37 AM   #152
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So you're saying, when you are in an Quick Open (Tournament A), set rosters there, and it starts. And then you enter the same type (Tournament B), set rosters there and submit, it overwrites the rosters of Tournament A? Has A already started at that point?
Quote:
OK. That should not happen. We'll investigate.

Edit: I have tested this, but I am unable to reproduce the problem And since we tie the exports to the tournament IDs, I cannot see how this could happen in the first place. Are you sure you did not confuse the tournaments?
Yes as you described.

I played in "Q-Silver-Bo5-T16" IDs 0, 1, 5, 6, 7, 9

When I joined a new one it overwrote my depth chart for the one that was currently running. I am 100% sure I am not just confusing the tournaments, when I look at my player stats in ID6 my 3B and RF only have 7 games played while all the other starters are at 14 since they were switched in halfway through the tournament.

My pitching staff only has 13 total games started even though my team played 14 games since I changed my 5th starter for the next tournament and it also replaced him in the running one.

Last edited by dkgo; 11-12-2019 at 09:40 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #153
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure if this matters, but each time I made my lineup improvements I exported the roster and saved it as the same name it was before.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:04 AM   #154
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
When you are eliminated from a tournament it immediately frees up 1 tournament slot. At least that was the case for me several times yesterday.
It looked like that would be the case as the sign-ups stopped being grayed out but when I tried to join a new tourney it said my max was three, so I wasn’t yet free. Maybe I need to withdraw formally to truly be free. I will try again after work (and after The Mandolorian!) but glad the intent is not to tie up the teams. Thanks for confirming.

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:44 AM   #155
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Yes as you described.

I played in "Q-Silver-Bo5-T16" IDs 0, 1, 5, 6, 7, 9

When I joined a new one it overwrote my depth chart for the one that was currently running. I am 100% sure I am not just confusing the tournaments, when I look at my player stats in ID6 my 3B and RF only have 7 games played while all the other starters are at 14 since they were switched in halfway through the tournament.

My pitching staff only has 13 total games started even though my team played 14 games since I changed my 5th starter for the next tournament and it also replaced him in the running one.
OK, got it to reproduce. And actually it's not really a bug, but rather a flawed design. We save team submits by restriction types... so when you are in the same tournament type (restrictions) more than once, both (or all three) tournaments will use the latest roster submitted.

We will try to fix this somehow and instead store export based on tournament IDs after a tournament has started.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-12-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:55 AM   #156
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
We changed our mind

Gets more players involved in your beta tourneys, at the risk of major award bugs blowing the game balance up.

Ballsy! Like and retweet.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #157
Isarnan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Example? Which tournament ID?

We still have no idea why some teams are able to go above the cap... if anybody knows how, let us know please!
I would love to provide the ID. How do I do that?

EDIT: Found 1330000 on the Your Tournaments page. Team is the Taichung Allianz

Last edited by Isarnan; 11-12-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Isarnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #158
StatMan22
Minors (Single A)

Having a lot of fun with the Tournaments! Really nice to be able to use these as a way to export players on our typical inactive rosters and put together rosters in Excel (I imagine this is more difficult for those with 1,000+ cards rather than my < 500).

As others have mentioned, I've noticed occasional roster issues. Some consolidation would also be great-feels like the player base is not big enough to support the (admittedly very cool) range of options, so there's a lot of waiting for tournaments to fill up. But I'm sure the team is monitoring which tournaments are popular, etc and this will be adjusted over time. Would also like a salary cap tournament closer to 2,000 PP rather than 1,500-1,750.

Well done OOTPD team! Tournaments will keep me engaged in PT20 up until PT21 comes around.

StatMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:46 AM   #159
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

I am entered in a Diamond and Below tournament. The AI automatically imported my roster (cards) in and there is not a single diamond card included for me to chose from, and all of my Diamond cards are active. Is there a way without going back to the PT game to extract those Diamond players from my cards? I would think the game would take the highest cards and go lower. Im confused!

PT22: FTP Team "Our League Member"

PT21: FTP Non-Live Cards "Our-League member"

PT21: FTP Team

PT 20 History:
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #160
HipandKneeDoc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Think I figured out how people go above the limit for tournaments. I bought a few cards while in a 1500 tournament, they went to my active roster, and I cannot get them off.

It is the Q-Cap-15---Bo3F5-T64-ID2

I am the Asbury Springboks, if somebody official wants to check it out

HipandKneeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote