Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-29-2020, 09:13 AM   #1
CD360
Minors (Single A)

Playable College Leagues

I was excited to see the improvements to the draft last year, but I still really disappointed that colleges are basically unplayable in OOTP. I know you can technically play them, but they're right next to associations on the list of things that feel completely overlooked. Unfortunately there is no college baseball sim like there is for college football and basketball, so OOTP is the only option which makes the current system all the sadder. I don't know if you're allowed to use real NCAA teams, but I still feel like this is a worthwhile addition. Adding recruitment, tournaments, divisions and a ranking system based on ELO (which I'd love to see for international teams and regular clubs too, I know Statsplus already includes this for online leagues so it should be doable) would add a completely new layer to the game.
CD360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:22 PM   #2
Danbo80
Minors (Single A)

I agree with this. Would be awesome even if it wasn't a complete model of the NCAA. Team names can be modded, so the important thing would be to have conferences with inter-conference scheduling, NCAA post season format and of course recruiting.
Danbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #3
koohead
Hall Of Famer

the mechanics of a college universe seem to be so different than a professional league. The recruitment vs financials, the roster rules, the scholarships (baseball programs tend of hand out fractions of full scholarships), the tournament rules...so much is so different that maybe it would be better off to develop a whole separate game and then ensure the ability to export draft classes from OOTP Campus Edition to OOTP Professional edition.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #4
Cjgonyeau
Bat Boy

YES. A game where you are the AD of a university would be awesome! Since there are so many sports and different things going in the realm of athletics, maybe have a function where you can turn on/off certain sports.

But if that takes away from the depth of the game, release a football, basketball and baseball version. So many possibilities...
Cjgonyeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:06 AM   #5
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

My ACBA college league is in its first season. The manual I've had to draw up to get it to work the way I want is 6 pages long...
luckymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 05:15 PM   #6
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I have never done any seriously mind-altering drugs (nor do I intend to, the way my mind works is already complicated and confusing enough) but I imagine that if I did it might feel something like reading the post above.

(Oh, when will the authorities change something about this bothering injustice that is only mitigated by dissertation proofreading?)

The Denver Brewers of the W.P. Kinsella League--
The fun starts here(1965-1971: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=289570
And continues here (1972-1976): https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=300500
On we go (1977- 1979): https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=314601
For ongoing and more random updates on the WPK:https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=325147, https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=330717
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote