Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-09-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
SandmanRivera
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thumbs down Whole league of pitchers with unreal stamina

This is the first league I created.

In OOTP, ALL of my pitchers pitch deep into games, often with pitch counts up to 120-160 pitches. But in reality, in MLB, pitchers are generally held to 100-110 pitches. They RARELY surpass 120. OOTP is not simulating reality.

I have tried to address this problem by setting the "Hook" function to the first "Quick" stop, but this has done NOTHING. I have 282 Complete Games as of mid-June. There were 42 in ALL of 2019 in MLB. Last year not pitcher had more than two Complete Games in MLB. In OOTP I have several pitchers with 7 CG's and it's only mid-June! It's like the game has reverted to the 1980's. At this rate I'll get 600+ complete games for the season!! I'm a fan of CG's, IN THE 80's. I miss complete games, but I'm looking for realism in simulating baseball in 2020.

Another side result of this out-of-control Stamina is that by pitching late into all the games the SP's are hogging all the decisions. I'm looking for credible, believable, realistic simulation. This is not credible, believable, realistic for 2020.

Along with this high propensity for pitching deep into games, high pitch counts, excessive Complete Games and SP's hogging decisions is a high propensity for Complete Game Shoutouts. Less than 3 months into the season I have 3 pitchers with 3 CG SHO's, 18 more with 2 CG SHO's, and dozens with 1 CG SHO's. I get CG SHO's just about every day. One day I had SIX!!!

I suppose I could go into Commissioner Mode and Edit the Stamina of every single pitcher until the AI "knew" what modern pitchers are like, until it knew that many pitchers don't make it out of the fifth inning, many don't make it past the 6th inning (third time through the order), seven innings is a strong start, only a handful of pitchers go eight or nine innings on a regular basis, and none go past 9 innings. But that would be a huge amount of tinkering and work. The game itself should come set to simulate 2020 effectively.

Again, when I play a simulation game I want a simulation of reality. I may want to tinker with something (say, more triples), and greatly appreciate all the Games Setting options, but I want to pick the changes; I don't want the AI thrusting a change from reality (higher pitch counts, more complete, more CG SHO's) on me.

OOTP is kinda interesting as a curiosity piece and pastime, but it is not a simulation of reality. As it stands, the results are not credible, believable, realistic "out of the box." And that's a shame, because the concept and basic platform has such promise.
SandmanRivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 02:11 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

This is a setting you can modify for yourself to get whatever results you like.

Go to 'league settings' > 'stats and ai'. There's an option bottom left for 'pitcher stamina'.

It sounds like you might have this set on high or very high. For modern results, this should be set to low or very low. But you can set it to whatever you want.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-09-2020 at 02:12 PM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote