Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-08-2020, 03:15 PM   #1
Lappaacco
Minors (Single A)

Post Runtime Error while saving + import player issues

I'm doing my fantasy league. 270 teams 90/90/90

Importing players seems to have a lot problems. Sometimes my game just crashes while importing player. Now I got first time Runtime Error.

I imported Georges Vezina -> changed hes name and saved and got runtime error while saving. However after I reopened fhm and created + edited it again and saved it worked. Didn't lost anything because I save everytime after I imported player.

Austria, Belarus, Czech, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany giving players from different nation and language (example Jaromir Jagr from Cypros and language is greek). Some birth cities giving wrong cities and while this happening it sets language to good, so player will not have fluent language (example if player real birth city is Stockholm it puts city of spain there).

I think maybe it have something to do that, I started this save before there was importing player option? So should it work with saves that started before import player was a thing?

Is there some log -files where I can watch what happened?
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Lappaacco; 04-08-2020 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Added picture of Jagr
Lappaacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:51 PM   #2
Lappaacco
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappaacco View Post
Austria, Belarus, Czech, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany giving players from different nation and language (example Jaromir Jagr from Greece and language is greek). Some birth cities giving wrong cities and while this happening it sets language to good, so player will not have fluent language (example if player real birth city is Stockholm it puts city of spain there).

I think maybe it have something to do that, I started this save before there was importing player option? So should it work with saves that started before import player was a thing?
Started new custom game and still can't import players with correct nation from those countries.

Also still getting wrong language and names to players if I'm using foreign limit and no initial draft at the start of the game (See pic's).

If you wanna test, I used these settings:

90 main teams, 90 farm teams and 90 junior teams (all leagues have same settings). However in junior league you can't have foreign limit. That would be nice to have. Also would be nice to edit "hockey quality ratings" for all nations (at least those nations who are included in the league) before random generating all players at the start of the game.

League Settings:
-League nation: Canada
-Region: None
-Use Initial Draft: No
-Starting year: 2050

-Foreign Limit: 10 (old save 5)

League Structure:
-2 Conferences and 3 divisions per conference

Team nations:
-Usa 15
-Canada 14
-Russia 9
-Finland 5
-Sweden 5
-Czech 4
-Switzerland 4
-Germany 3
-Slovakia 3
-Austria 2
-Denmark 2
-France 2
-Australia 1
-Belarus 1
-China 1
-Croatia 1
-England 1
-Estonia 1
-Hungary 1
-Italy 1
-Japan 1
-Kazakhstan 1
-Latvia 1
-Lithuania 1
-Mexico 1
-Norway 1
-Poland 1
-Romania 1
-Scotland 1
-Slovenia 1
-South-Korea 1
-Spain 1
-Turkey 1
-Ukraine 1
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Lappaacco; 04-08-2020 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-09-2020, 03:21 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can you upload the save (instructions here)? I think I'm going to need to see that to figure out exactly what's causing the problem.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:51 AM   #4
Lappaacco
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Can you upload the save (instructions here)? I think I'm going to need to see that to figure out exactly what's causing the problem.
I added file from both my saves original = lappaacco_Save1 and new = lappaacco_Save2

In the original save don't get confused about empty teams, I'm redoing a lot of fantasy players and doing my own fantasy draft later, so teams are not ready for any league. So only thing where I get error and crashes are while I'm importing players. Still succesfully imported maybe about 50-100 players already. I also already changed all players nation to match with hes language in this save. (Is it possibly to change date back to july 1?)

In that new save you can redo all the same bugs and there is less data(players) and in this save you can watch main- and farm league players nation and language (they don't match). However I got that Runtime Error only once with that original save and didn't test if import players makes this save sometimes crash too.

Edit. Somehow after I played another save (that new save) I can't load my original save anymore? Normally I just used continue without problems to load. I still have backup save before I started to import players if that is needed.

Last edited by Lappaacco; 04-09-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:36 AM   #5
Lappaacco
Minors (Single A)

Moved players.dat and teams.dat to my new save folder and got all back and I'm now at july 1. Now I can see maybe what caused Runtime error. All other players/teams looks same as it was before. But that Georges Vezina I imported last (I changed firstname to Xavier, lastname to Vézina, removed nickname and put to free agent) . Now Vezina have all attributes 0 and have injured since November 24th, -4714 He also lost hes language skills, got new nickname, weight 41kg?, lost hes popularity, catches: not set, major role seems agitator
Attached Images

Last edited by Lappaacco; 04-09-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:12 PM   #6
Lappaacco
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappaacco View Post
Austria, Belarus, Czech, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany giving players from different nation and language (example Jaromir Jagr from Cypros and language is greek). Some birth cities giving wrong cities and while this happening it sets language to good, so player will not have fluent language (example if player real birth city is Stockholm it puts city of spain there).
I started new standard game and seems I still have this problem. Tried to uninstall and install game via Steam but it still exists. So its not just my fantasy league issue?
Old 04-09-2020, 02:34 PM   #7
Lappaacco
Minors (Single A)

Cool Solved import problem

I solved that import problem.

1. I started new historical game (year 1995) and save + exit

2. I took cities.dat, nations.dat, regions.dat and states.dat from my historical game save file and moved them to my fantasy league save folder.

3. Now I can make players with correct nations, languages and even correct cities!

Not sure if something else is now wrong. Need to test more. Maybe in main files you load when starting new game there is incorrect cities.dat, nations.dat, regions.dat and states.dat -files?

Last edited by Lappaacco; 04-09-2020 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-10-2020, 12:46 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, it sounds like there's a mismatch between some of the database files being used in the custom starts and what's in historical. Not sure how that could be happening there and not elsewhere, but that at least gives us a lead on what to investigate, thanks.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote