Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-10-2020, 09:19 PM   #1
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Interleague schedule

Hi everyone, just wondering if this has been fixed for OOTP 21. I play through my seasons, and it would be cool to face some different teams in the opposing league instead of just the corresponding opposite division. Has this been fixed for 21??
CField17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:11 PM   #2
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Try gmo's pack from the schedules subforum.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:26 AM   #3
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CField17 View Post
Hi everyone, just wondering if this has been fixed for OOTP 21. I play through my seasons, and it would be cool to face some different teams in the opposing league instead of just the corresponding opposite division. Has this been fixed for 21??
If you keep the same schedule as the previous year, the game will scramble the teams so that you shouldn't be facing the same interleague opponents in Year 2 that you faced in Year 1. Is that something you're encountering?
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #4
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
If you keep the same schedule as the previous year, the game will scramble the teams so that you shouldn't be facing the same interleague opponents in Year 2 that you faced in Year 1. Is that something you're encountering?
Yes. Are you able to change this currently?
Old 03-11-2020, 04:58 PM   #5
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes. Are you able to change this currently?
It should be automatic. Are you regenerating a schedule or uploading a new schedule every year, or are you just using the same schedule year after year?
Old 03-11-2020, 08:13 PM   #6
Danbo80
Minors (Single A)

I'm a bit confused by this too. If I load a custom schedule for 32 teams it will shuffle the teams played every season? or will it be the same exact schedule?
Danbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:35 PM   #7
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo80 View Post
I'm a bit confused by this too. If I load a custom schedule for 32 teams it will shuffle the teams played every season? or will it be the same exact schedule?
Shuffled.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:23 PM   #8
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
It should be automatic. Are you regenerating a schedule or uploading a new schedule every year, or are you just using the same schedule year after year?
I’m just playing year to year not doing anything to the schedule, just letting it randomly generate. It’s different, but I always play the same teams in interleague play
Old 03-11-2020, 10:27 PM   #9
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I’m just playing year to year not doing anything to the schedule, just letting it randomly generate. It’s different, but I always play the same teams in interleague play
Do all of the divisions have the same number of teams?
Old 03-12-2020, 07:58 PM   #10
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Do all of the divisions have the same number of teams?
Yes, I’m playing a regular MLB season started in 2019.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:33 PM   #11
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

The game has all the schedules going back to the first season MLB went to the two 15 team leagues. So 2013-2019. You can always use the 2019 schedules for a few years letting it shuffle and then import the 2013 schedule and use if for a few years. Then 2014 etc.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:12 PM   #12
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
The game has all the schedules going back to the first season MLB went to the two 15 team leagues. So 2013-2019. You can always use the 2019 schedules for a few years letting it shuffle and then import the 2013 schedule and use if for a few years. Then 2014 etc.
Thanks
Old 03-12-2020, 10:13 PM   #13
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Would love to hear from a dev if this has been corrected!

Problem: Facing same interleague teams year after year
Old 03-12-2020, 10:31 PM   #14
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Not a bug, so there's nothing to "correct".

(It's possible to create a fake major_league_ml_c_2021.lsdl and so forth, if you want proper rotation automatically.)
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #15
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Without looking at your schedule, I can't tell what's going on. Keep in mind that, if you're using an interleague schedule that matches your team against teams from one of the other league's divisions and that other league has three divisions, then even if the schedule is randomly shuffled every year you still have a one-in-three chance of facing the same interleague opponents. And over three years you still have a one-in-nine chance of facing the same opponents. So this might simply be a random thing. Are you seeing the same opponents for every game? For instance, are you playing your season opener against the same opponent in the same stadium every year?
Old 03-13-2020, 05:13 PM   #16
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Not a bug, so there's nothing to "correct".

(It's possible to create a fake major_league_ml_c_2021.lsdl and so forth, if you want proper rotation automatically.)
MLB teams do not face the same interleague teams every year.... so this should be corrected to a more realistic schedule IMO
Old 03-13-2020, 05:14 PM   #17
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Without looking at your schedule, I can't tell what's going on. Keep in mind that, if you're using an interleague schedule that matches your team against teams from one of the other league's divisions and that other league has three divisions, then even if the schedule is randomly shuffled every year you still have a one-in-three chance of facing the same interleague opponents. And over three years you still have a one-in-nine chance of facing the same opponents. So this might simply be a random thing. Are you seeing the same opponents for every game? For instance, are you playing your season opener against the same opponent in the same stadium every year?
Not random it happens every year with every version of OOTP. I’m always the Tigers, and I always only face the NL central in interleague play.

The overall schedule changes every year, but interleague opponents do not change.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:39 AM   #18
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not random it happens every year with every version of OOTP. I’m always the Tigers, and I always only face the NL central in interleague play.

The overall schedule changes every year, but interleague opponents do not change.
When you say "every year," exactly what does that mean? How many seasons do you play with the same schedule?
Old 03-14-2020, 10:10 AM   #19
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
When you say "every year," exactly what does that mean? How many seasons do you play with the same schedule?
Joe, I think it’s awesome that you’re doing some volunteer troubleshooting here, and in the same spirit, I’d suggest that you’re overthinking this one. What CField17 is describing is OOTP20 working as designed, not a bug. After playing through the 2019 MLB season, the teams are randomized for each future season, within their divisions. Obviously, this is a great way for OOTP to handle future/fictional seasons so that the schedule changes but the matchups and geography still make sense. The feature request for OOTP21 is for MLB universes to randomize teams and rotate divisions, because that’s how interleague changes from year to year in real life MLB. There are workarounds that people have suggested upthread, but I also like the suggestion.

Last edited by Threnodas; 03-14-2020 at 10:12 AM.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:02 PM   #20
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by threnodas View Post
joe, i think it’s awesome that you’re doing some volunteer troubleshooting here, and in the same spirit, i’d suggest that you’re overthinking this one. What cfield17 is describing is ootp20 working as designed, not a bug. After playing through the 2019 mlb season, the teams are randomized for each future season, within their divisions. Obviously, this is a great way for ootp to handle future/fictional seasons so that the schedule changes but the matchups and geography still make sense. The feature request for ootp21 is for mlb universes to randomize teams and rotate divisions, because that’s how interleague changes from year to year in real life mlb. There are workarounds that people have suggested upthread, but i also like the suggestion.
thank you