Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-10-2020, 09:47 PM   #1
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Season 47 (2065) - Discussion Thread

Didn't see one of these yet...let's get it.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:33 PM   #2
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:22 PM   #3
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Frogs are on a 2-week drought with no medallion. Feels bad man. Got bounced from the Whale League playoffs 2 weeks ago and lost G7 to the LA Rams last week.

This week, we're all up in P480. Pretty soon we'll have a P500? That'll be the day.

What are the Frogs working with this week? Plz see attachment for lineups. The rotation will be: 99 Newhouser/100 Pedro (lesser Pedro)/100 Walsh/100 Grove/100 Smoltz. The pen: 100 Hoffman/100 Gossage/100 Waddell/100 Ruffing/99 Coveleski.

The NC East division is where the Frogs will reside. No other teams in said division have won a PL medallion before. In fact, there's only 1 diamond medallion here (and the Frogs don't have it). Over in the NC Central, the San Antonio Silver Sluggers (3-time PL champ) have to be the favorite. The NC West is wiiiide open...ARRRRGGGHHHH, my eyes! So much LIVE pitching! More than I can bear to look at!

No real top whales in the AC, either. The only teams with PL titles to their name are one-time winners Wazzapamani Blues (AC East) and Bloomington Blazers (AC Central).

The Frogs have the firepower to win #11 this week. The league placement gods have been well appeased.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:36 AM   #4
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I had a wild first month where I went 15-12 with a bit of bad luck or...run distribution. We won the midnight simulation 19-3 with 17 hits by the 4th inning, no HRs, (Happy Birthday to me (Feb. 11th)). In some other games we didn't do much hitting at all.

The other thing of note right now is a slow start for my late-inning duo of Lee Smith & Brian Wilson. They both have been hit hard in the early-going.

And the other thing of note is we are in the same division (as Orion mentioned in the old thread) as whale/wolf known as Winter Springs Gold Miners. I'll have to have some more offensive outbursts if I have any chance in the division...

So the last thing of note is that at least right now there are at least 5 teams in the running for the 2 wild cards.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:44 AM   #5
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Hot damn, just had a 7,780 PP game. 34 runs scored, Yelich hit 3 homers and scored 6 runs, Guerrero scored 5 runs.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:48 PM   #6
Orion
Major Leagues

Direwolves off to a good start! Bucky Wheat has cooled off a bit, still managing a .381/.435//.716 slash line. 3-Dog Davis and fellow newcomer G. Hodges also off to strong starts with the bat. Duke Snider-96, the lynchpin of the big add, is hitting .273 with 10 mashers as he works to master LF. On the pitching side, familar names Don Drysdale and Sandy Kofax have starred, with the super reliable Phil Regan having another good season in the setup role. He's sporting a 3.00 era thru 3 seasons at PL level, really recommend him for teams on a budget.
Attached Images

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:18 PM   #7
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

1 game over .500 ! ...

16.5 games or so from a 1st round bye.

Old 02-12-2020, 01:32 AM   #8
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Keith

Love him, hate him or mixed feelings?
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2020, 01:37 AM   #9
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
1 game over .500 ! ...

16.5 games or so from a 1st round bye.
Make that 15.5, Jake!

Old 02-12-2020, 02:14 AM   #10
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Checking in from Perfect .402, where my Little League Champs have drawn what looks to be a relatively easy division (thankfully dodging the juggernaut 17-time PL champion Brooklyn Cyclones), and look so far to be on track to make another attempt at a title:

My pitching has been absolutely stellar thusfar, despite a lack of any true S-tier cards (I have the 99 Johnson/Eckerley, and the 89 Sutter, rather than the true top tier versions of each player).

Hoping to cash in on the current win streak and resist the urge to dump my PP into packs like I've been doing. I'd love to make an upgrade in my 3B platoon vs. LHP over the 95 Ripken, and demote him to a full-time backup role. All in all, I'm relatively happy with my roster as-constructed right now though. I don't really have any gaping holes, and I'm at the point where any upgrade is going to involve some major saving or some big time pack luck, since my main squad is a low-money team.

Last edited by FancySkunk; 02-12-2020 at 02:17 AM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:39 AM   #11
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Direwolves off to a good start! Bucky Wheat has cooled off a bit, still managing a .381/.435//.716 slash line. 3-Dog Davis and fellow newcomer G. Hodges also off to strong starts with the bat. Duke Snider-96, the lynchpin of the big add, is hitting .273 with 10 mashers as he works to master LF. On the pitching side, familar names Don Drysdale and Sandy Kofax have starred, with the super reliable Phil Regan having another good season in the setup role. He's sporting a 3.00 era thru 3 seasons at PL level, really recommend him for teams on a budget.
How are the Guardians doing, Orion?

Old 02-12-2020, 03:56 AM   #12
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
I had a wild first month where I went 15-12 with a bit of bad luck or...run distribution. We won the midnight simulation 19-3 with 17 hits by the 4th inning, no HRs, (Happy Birthday to me (Feb. 11th)). In some other games we didn't do much hitting at all.

The other thing of note right now is a slow start for my late-inning duo of Lee Smith & Brian Wilson. They both have been hit hard in the early-going.

And the other thing of note is we are in the same division (as Orion mentioned in the old thread) as whale/wolf known as Winter Springs Gold Miners. I'll have to have some more offensive outbursts if I have any chance in the division...

So the last thing of note is that at least right now there are at least 5 teams in the running for the 2 wild cards.
The first two batters in the 5th inning singled. Hits 16 & 17. As Lemandria noted, I keep score exactly.

I'm correcting myself; we got hit number 17 in the 5th with no outs...(Olerud homered later in the game)...an almost cosmical solo shot.

Statistics 201
Attached Images
Image Image 

Old 02-12-2020, 01:47 PM   #13
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Oh

Anyway...

What has the sun arrived or something?

Old 02-12-2020, 02:10 PM   #14
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Love him, hate him or mixed feelings?
Like him, his SE Card is very good too.

Old 02-12-2020, 02:15 PM   #15
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
How are the Guardians doing, Orion?
Battling for 1st place in the division. We started a bit slow this season but the Guardians always end up going on a hot streak or two and we are on a 9-1 run now, look the lead for the first time this week. Oddly we haven't played our competition yet, but have 14 games vs them in Aug and Sep so this probably won't be decided til late. I'll post a pic when I get home tonite.

PS. I see you rolled out 3 lefties to combat Wheat, on purpose I am guessing?

Old 02-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #16
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Aqua Sox aside, this is a fun division (also happy to be near .500 )
Attached Images
Old 02-12-2020, 04:13 PM   #17
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Meanwhile my Walsall All-Stars are pretending to be a crushing juggernaut in their season down to Gold 44-19 on June 9th, 2065. Their best ever season in terms of wins was 98-64 way back in 2020 Bronze league

Uecker's New Clothes are making a go of Diamond this season, 35-29 & 2nd in a tight division race (4th place are 3 GB of 1st). Mr Uecker himself has contributed a .214/.302/.321 slash in his 63 PA so far

(Edit: that league is a weird 20-team deal too)

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 02-12-2020 at 04:15 PM.
PocketsAintFull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:15 PM   #18
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Meanwhile my Walsall All-Stars are pretending to be a crushing juggernaut in their season down to Gold 44-19 on June 9th, 2065. Their best ever season in terms of wins was 98-64 way back in 2020 Bronze league
Of course we all know that what you should *always do* to an excellent team is change them for no reason to accomodate a new player (Legend Pete Rose but still, new lineups )
Old 02-12-2020, 09:08 PM   #19
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P438 and Feeling...Pretty Good

Midweek greetings! The Huntley Red Raiders are in P438 this week, and it's another one of those setups that seems to happen more often than not in PT--the "even though there are only 3 powerhouses in the AC, let's be sure to place 2 of them in the same division so one is automatically relegated to the dreaded Wild Card coin toss" setup. In previous weeks, that's happened with Huntley and the Mammoth Maulers, and then Huntley and the Methuen Silver Sox.

This week's "lucky" team in the same division as Huntley is the also-good-at-baseball Gonzaga Bulldogs, with 4 Perfect League championships to their name. Fittingly, Huntley and Gonzaga are dead-even at the moment in the NC East. Gonzaga convincingly holds the edge in the head-to-head matchups thus far, though, 7-3, which means Huntley could pull ahead, by virtue of being a whopping 4 games better versus the rest of the league, if the Red Raiders could only leash those Bulldogs.

Gonzaga features a solid Hoyt/Schilling/Waddell/Newhouser/Kershaw rotation and a bullpen that splits the load pretty evenly--no one pitcher has fewer than 2 or more than 8 saves thus far. Tim Keefe plays the role of Rubber-Armed Bullpen Man (TM), having already appeared in 34 games and pitched 62.2 innings with nary a start to his name.

On the offensive side, Gonzaga immediately earns my respect by the virtue of its OPS+ leader being Arky Vaughan. Mantle, Boggs, Griffey Jr, Brett, and TOTY Yelich are also big contributors...wow, so, offensively, Gonzaga is really close to what Huntley was prior to benching Arky for Ozzie. Mad props to the Bulldogs!

Only one other AC team has a Perfect League championship medallion, and that's the AC West-leading, 5-time PL champion Hong Kong Tiger. Meanwhile, over in the NC, there is one PL medallion-adorned team in each division: NC East-leading Los Angeles Bruins (7-time PL champions), NC Central-leading Plymouth Nighthawks (2-time PL champions), and NC West-leading Bermuda Triangle (1-time PL champions).

Good luck to all in the second half of the 2065 season!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:01 AM   #20
zagtastic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

i discovered these forums (and this recurring thread) a couple of months ago, and have just been silently reading and enjoying people's reports ever since.

was kinda hoping i'd see some of the participants in a league sometime and get to join in the banter-- never figured i'd end up sharing a division with huntley and get to read such a well-written and fun season synopsis, with such kind words for my team. thanks. also, arky vaughn is a BEAST.

you and i definitely have similarities in team construction. it's fun to see other expressions of the kinda generalist/platoon philosophy, especially as several of the places we differ, you have players i have considered or been curious(/fantasized) about (yogi, norm [better than boggs?], ozzie).

because i am sure people are curious after that riveting synopsis-- huntley ended the day a game up on my bulldogs in the divisional and conference races. the red raiders' advantage vs the field continues. it would help if newhouser could get his era under 5 (not all his fault-- despite a *typically* decent defense behind him, his FIP is a full 1.5 runs lower)... sigh.

best of luck the rest of the way!

Last edited by zagtastic; 02-13-2020 at 02:24 AM.
zagtastic is offline   Reply With Quote