Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 02:28 PM   #1
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Another call for leagues with no purchases

It would be wonderful if there can be option to be in a league where you don't can't make purchases.

I unfortunately am not among the elite with unlimited money to spend.
Its like going to the amusement park and having 50 people cut in line because they can pay for no wait tickets.

You have elderly, college and all sorts of people playing on fixed incomes.

I get why marcus doesn't want it, because it is cash stream to them.
However, (not that it matters to them) it is rapidly taking the fun out of the game for me.

I like being able to go the auction house and wheel and deal (when it works fairly). Developing positions or strategies. That's fun to me.
Slapping down 50 dollars to buy a bunch of players is not fun for me. I am sure there are plenty of people who enjoy doing that

I doubt it will ever happen but I thought I would ask
Old 02-16-2019, 02:43 PM   #2
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Another call for you to stop making so many threads cluttering up the board. You have 176 posts and started 80 different threads.

Last edited by zrog2000; 02-16-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
atabakin
All Star Reserve

It's taking the fun out of the game? Does that mean you're leaving???
Old 02-16-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Another thread soon to be moved to Competitive Balance Thread. Thanks in advance mods.

Last edited by <Pion>; 02-16-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:58 PM   #5
professor ape
All Star Starter

You need to let it go and accept that is not going to happen. Maybe they’ll make it easier for people to find each other and link up for leagues but I’d have trouble seeing anything beyond that. It’s great that you voiced your opinion but at this point just know that your suggestion has been heard by the team. Further repetition does nothing to reinforce your view.

While I am lucky enough to have disposable income if I wanted to use it, I am not planning to pay for points as I feel that part of the fun is to build a team naturally. I fully accept that I will run into plenty of teams where people have bought points and look forward to trying to beat them with the crew that I put together.

Right now there is a guy in my current league who clearly paid for points at mid season to either buy a bunch of gold packs or to spend in the AH. I’m looking good to still win my division but he is making a run at it with his revamped lineup. If I can hang on then it will be all the sweeter.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:14 PM   #6
madjac74
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
It would be wonderful if there can be option to be in a league where you don't can't make purchases.
play in an online league away from perfect team. easports would laugh if you made this suggestion for madden ultimate team

Quote:
I unfortunately am not among the elite with unlimited money to spend.
Its like going to the amusement park and having 50 people cut in line because they can pay for no wait tickets.
Hey I can't afford to go to Disney so consider yourself elite in my eyes. I can afford a few bucks to spend on a card pack though.

Quote:
I get why marcus doesn't want it, because it is cash stream to them.
However, (not that it matters to them) it is rapidly taking the fun out of the game for me.
He tries to please everybody all of the time...just ask Abe Lincoln if thats possible

Quote:
I like being able to go the auction house and wheel and deal (when it works fairly). Developing positions or strategies. That's fun to me.
Slapping down 50 dollars to buy a bunch of players is not fun for me. I am sure there are plenty of people who enjoy doing that
Yea the Yankees. Perfect Team is pretty realistic in that sense

Final thought....this is my first season and I'm currently in 1st place with a magic number of 12 in bronze league. I spent $5 to get a gold pack just for fun and Im happy to support a great company. Since then I've been selling cards, working the auction, building up PP and pulling packs to build my contender.

Of course there are a few juggernauts in the league but I just consider them the Yankees and Red Sox and I hope to get a shot at them in the playoffs.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:27 PM   #7
Izz
Hall Of Famer

I haven't spent a cent (or sold off a rare pull), am having immense fun, and am competitive.

At diamond level, fwiw.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Old 02-17-2019, 08:49 AM   #8
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Closed. There is already a thread for discussing this

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Closed Thread