Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #1
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

League File Error Question

Wasn't sure anyone would see this question in the MP forum, but for whatever reason, I keep gettting the same "Finished creation and uploading of the league file with ERROR" message no matter what I do.

I don't even see the file getting created now in my import/export folder to even upload manually.

Is this something to do with file size? Is there a way for me to zip up what we need manually (I know there is, just not sure what I need exactly).

Perhaps someone at OOTP can take a look and see what's happening. Very strange, as it worked very nice last year with 16.

Thank you!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Hold that thought...I might have found the problem. It seems as though it was still creating the archive into the 16 folder, not 17.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:35 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if you use default install directories, i believe it stashes the custome data path in the users\<username> type windows directories...maybe it's confused? think they are named with the year, though.

you can always go into the settings, then "expert" tab (i think) and create a custom path for the Data folder. then you can gaurantee it's not pointing to a '16 directory.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #4
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Following up on this. I'm able to create a league file just fine and it archives in the export/import folder, but in-game when trying to export, it ALWAYS fails and just says error uploading.

I've checked all of my online league settings, and all of the tests pass, including the file and reports upload test.

What would be causing this? Would it help to send in a league file?
Old 11-14-2016, 08:59 PM   #5
Recte44
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Following up on this. I'm able to create a league file just fine and it archives in the export/import folder, but in-game when trying to export, it ALWAYS fails and just says error uploading.

I've checked all of my online league settings, and all of the tests pass, including the file and reports upload test.

I'm having an identical problem, and it JUST started happening.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:12 PM   #6
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Mine has never corrected itself, even on a re-imaged machine. I've tired it on multiple machines (high-end work computer too), and no luck.

OOTP 16 never gave me any issues. In general, OOTP 17 crashes a LOT for me. Lots of frozen white/black screens.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

The only problems i've seen were corrected early in the pathc process and the forums are inundated with these posts. so, something is local, for sure.

Connectivity - double chekc firewall rules... turn off an stupid real-time AV protection... it's a security blanket that offers very little real protection and causes problems with a plethora of programs and what they need to do to function properly. don't stop there. it sounds like connectivity issue if it's only hte online league stuff. look over anything system or game related.

peerblock/peerguardian type programs running? lots hosts have a wide variety of customers, some nefarious, some not so much... regardless entire ip ranges get blocked due to the actions of a few on occasion.

i guess you could search your registry and see if somethign got held-over from previous release? it cuold be pointing to the wrong directory and the game is crashing due to unexpected behaviour? who knows? this is very very unlikely.

make sure the game is running with administrative rights. (right-click - properties in there) maybe it simply doesn't have read/write permissions.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:42 PM   #8
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Is there a path for the upload file?
Old 11-16-2016, 06:32 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Yeah, by all means if anyone's having this problem please upload a file and send me an email or support ticket to let me know you did so and what it's named.

I'll see if I can recreate the issue on my computer and if so, will get Matt and Markus to look at the file and figure out what's going on.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:10 AM   #10
Fearbobafett
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Wasn't sure anyone would see this question in the MP forum, but for whatever reason, I keep gettting the same "Finished creation and uploading of the league file with ERROR" message no matter what I do.

I don't even see the file getting created now in my import/export folder to even upload manually.

Is this something to do with file size? Is there a way for me to zip up what we need manually (I know there is, just not sure what I need exactly).

Perhaps someone at OOTP can take a look and see what's happening. Very strange, as it worked very nice last year with 16.

Thank you!
What was the solution here? Just converted my league and getting the same issue. Thanks

Chicago Cubs 1928-Present
Fearbobafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:46 AM   #11
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearbobafett View Post
What was the solution here? Just converted my league and getting the same issue. Thanks
All I can figure is a faster machine and/or faster Internet. Now that I'm on fiber, it works every time.