Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 04-03-2020, 02:02 PM   #361
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
glass roof, holes or retractable or a dome? either one, really cool.
The actual model was supposed to be a dome - I just made holes in the sketchup model because it was supposed to be clearish glass, and making the roof was complicated enough without adding other elements. So it's a "Dome."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
nielson, on page 1 you list a link to the superdome but i dont see a mod version of it anywhere. Do you have it or could you make it?
I don't think I made a superdome model - I know Silvam did though. You can find his here
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:07 PM   #362
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
I can't wait to see what other wonderful work you can do, for sure, Lord willing and all, nielsoncp. Keep up the great work, I hope. I have already downloaded a number of these parks, and I plan to keep doing so, in truth, for various teams in various leagues/dynasties. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:12 AM   #363
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Daytona Beach, FL - Jackie Robinson Field

Jackie Robinson Field is built on an island between the beach and the city. I decided to give it a retractable roof, kind of in the same vein as the Fort Myers stadium I posted earlier. It also has an open/closed option. It's a larger park, so it plays neutral but is not great for power hitters.

Open Roof Zip file can be found here

Closed Roof Zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day Open

Night Open

Day Closed

Night Closed

Last edited by nielsoncp; 04-04-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:41 PM   #364
dishnet34
All Star Starter

These last two ballparks, I believe, are your best work yet. They look absolutely stunning and beautiful, and I'm definitely going to be using them. Keep up the great work.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:29 PM   #365
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
These last two ballparks, I believe, are your best work yet. They look absolutely stunning and beautiful, and I'm definitely going to be using them. Keep up the great work.
Yeah, there were some in this batch that I was pretty pleased with. It's fun to see them in game - thanks for the encouragement Dishnet.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:36 PM   #366
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Syracuse, NY - NBT Bank Stadium

NBT Bank Stadium is another relatively generic field layout. I added some bullpens in the outfield as well as "lounge areas" at field level, and the brick buildings and neon sign in the outfield. The field itself is pretty neutral, but geography and size work against power hitters.

Zip file can be found here

Park factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 04-04-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:29 PM   #367
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Orem-Provo, UT - UCCU Ballpark

UCCU Ballpark is the last of the Utah stadiums for this stretch. The actual stadium is next to a road, so in continuation of a stadium building tradition (Ebbets, Fenway, Baker Bowl, etc.) it has a large wall to (hopefully) protect passing cars. It's at elevation and is a larger field, so it plays pretty hitter friendly.

Park Factors

Day

Night
Old 04-06-2020, 01:20 PM   #368
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Springfield, MA - Berry Allen Field

I ended up using Springfield College's baseball field, which in the Google satellite photos is a hybrid baseball/softball field. I kept the surrounding neighborhood, but added a right field entrance that is reminiscent of Busch Stadium. The park is pretty big, so it leads to lots of hits and fewer home runs.

Park Factors

Day

Night
Old 04-06-2020, 02:19 PM   #369
conception
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
I ended up using Springfield College's baseball field, which in the Google satellite photos is a hybrid baseball/softball field. I kept the surrounding neighborhood, but added a right field entrance that is reminiscent of Busch Stadium. The park is pretty big, so it leads to lots of hits and fewer home runs.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Nice one. Berry Allen Field appeared in a flash.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:21 PM   #370
lotr13
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for these stadiums, really great stuff. Making my leagues look amazing.

I have noticed a small issue though, on Vancouver's Scotiabank Field the center fielder is running through the wall to make catches. Is that something I can fix myself or would you have time to take a look?
lotr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:46 PM   #371
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr13 View Post

I have noticed a small issue though, on Vancouver's Scotiabank Field the center fielder is running through the wall to make catches. Is that something I can fix myself or would you have time to take a look?
Thanks for letting me know about that bug. I'm renovating that stadium at the moment, so I'll take a look and update it. Thanks lotr!
Old 04-07-2020, 06:23 PM   #372
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr13 View Post

Here is the fixed .ootp3d file. You should be able to download it and copy over the other .ootp3d file in the Scotiabank model file, and that should fix your problem. Let me know if you see the same problem in other parks - thanks LOTR!
Old 04-07-2020, 08:56 PM   #373
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Augusta, GA - SRP Park

SRP Park is a part of a mixed-use development in North Augusta, SC - which made this a fun one to build. It has a higher wall in left and a shorter wall in right, so there's a pronounced advantage for left-handed batters.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 04-12-2020 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #374
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Toledo, OH - Fifth Third Field

A couple months ago I read Ballpark by Paul Goldberger, and one of his theories was that the best ballparks plant pastoral settings (the verdant green of the field) in the midst of an urban context. He argues that that contrast is part of what makes the best stadiums (like Wrigley, Fenway, or Camden Yards), and that its absence makes for the worst ones (like all the old concrete doughnuts... or even Guaranteed Rate Field and its lack of integration). I bring that up because I think Fifth Third Field is a beautiful example of what this pastoral-in-urban field can look like, with the warehouses in right and the surrounding setting. I was particularly pleased with how this one turned out.

The park itself plays relatively neutral, but the tall walls in the corner lower overall home run numbers.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 04-12-2020 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:01 PM   #375
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Harrisburg, PA - FNB Field

FNB Field is built on an island in the middle of the Susquehanna River, which makes it a pretty unique setting for a ballpark. I wanted to keep some of the park like setting of the original, so I put two ponds in the right and left field second levels:

The park itself is relatively hitter friendly, but the deep walls reduce home runs pretty acutely.

Zip File can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 04-12-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:41 AM   #376
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Spokane, WA - Avista Field

Avista Field is set in the middle of the county fairgrounds, with a beautiful mountain vista in the background. I decided to play around a bit with the batters eye, putting in a few location specific touches. If you want to relocate the stadium it should be easy enough to tweak using GIMP and the templates. The park itself plays relatively pitcher friendly, but there are a good number of home runs to be had, especially with the short wall in right.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 04-12-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:19 AM   #377
drksd4848
All Star Starter

FYI, having fun playing with the 2019 Ebbits field concept! Love it.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:54 PM   #378
Willie M
Minors (Double A)

This thread is incredible.

I may have missed it so sorry if I'm asking a duplicate question - are there team logos anywhere that I can download for these US/Canada concepts? I want to use them but wouldn't make sense if I don't have the team logo.

Last edited by Willie M; 04-11-2020 at 05:59 PM.
Willie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:49 AM   #379
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie M View Post
This thread is incredible.

I may have missed it so sorry if I'm asking a duplicate question - are there team logos anywhere that I can download for these US/Canada concepts? I want to use them but wouldn't make sense if I don't have the team logo.
Thanks Willie! As to your question - my stadium process has been a very haphazard one that has developed over time. I've been going back through and revising a few of my older stadiums this week, and it's reminded me that I haven't always done the best job of creating cohesive brands for stadiums. So for a few of these there aren't sets that exist. Since I started posting new stadiums I've used Low's logos and templates to create that cohesive brand - you can find his stuff here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=303562

BUT- the good news is that all of the surfaces that have logos or words on them are moddable, so if you want to change the logos in the stadium or even the location, you can do that. I put together a youtube video here to explain the process: https://youtu.be/B2wsIEcrELc. I use a free photo-editing software called GIMP for all of my templates, and the learning curve isn't that steep. So feel free to mod the stadiums and make them your own.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:26 PM   #380
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
Thanks Willie! As to your question - my stadium process has been a very haphazard one that has developed over time. I've been going back through and revising a few of my older stadiums this week, and it's reminded me that I haven't always done the best job of creating cohesive brands for stadiums. So for a few of these there aren't sets that exist. Since I started posting new stadiums I've used Low's logos and templates to create that cohesive brand - you can find his stuff here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=303562

BUT- the good news is that all of the surfaces that have logos or words on them are moddable, so if you want to change the logos in the stadium or even the location, you can do that. I put together a youtube video here to explain the process: https://youtu.be/B2wsIEcrELc. I use a free photo-editing software called GIMP for all of my templates, and the learning curve isn't that steep. So feel free to mod the stadiums and make them your own.

This is a great video. I have spent zero time making it easier to mod the signage I have, but this is great and makes it essy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk