Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-23-2020, 02:38 PM   #1
Joblue
Bat Boy

Question Help with Historical Exhibition

(posted accidentally in General Discussions)

What I have always admired about OOTP is the many ways it can be accessed and enjoyed.

I like to take 2 teams from different eras and play a single game...what would be called a "Historical Exhibition" in OOTP-speak. I grew up in NYC in the 70's, so many of my games inevitably involve seeing how bad the mid/late 70's Mets really were (man, Seaver was a beacon in the darkness). I attended too many of those dreary games at dreary Shea with my dad back then. Unfortunately (from a baseball standpoint), my best memories are running up and down the Shea ramps.

But, I digress......

When I play these games, I have 2 issues that I cant seem to solve:

1. Player uniforms are all over the place, even different uniforms on the same squad. The mood is somewhat dashed when some of the players on the 1921 Tigers have purple uniforms like the 90's Rockies

2. Exhibition game always defaults to the generic stadium...even if I select a different stadium in the menu right before jumping into historical exhibition game. I have used Steam Workshop to download a few stadiums, but it seems the instructions indicate that these need to be linked to teams while playing historical seasons/careers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and a warm thanks in advance for any advice you could send my way.

I certainly realize that this game is meant more for people plowing through seasons and amassing great reams of data, but I just like to go into the lab and run my Mets against any host of challenges.

(I also enjoy Perfect Team)

Thanks!
Joblue
Joblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

1- I don't know anything about uniforms. This could be a bug.
2- I see what you mean. Try Garlon's Historical Ballparks mod. See if it makes a difference. It does for me.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:45 PM   #3
Beatles Eternally
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
1- I don't know anything about uniforms. This could be a bug.
2- I see what you mean. Try Garlon's Historical Ballparks mod. See if it makes a difference. It does for me.
I have to second Garlon's mod. It's fantastic! It automatically associates the correct park to the correct season - even in Exhibition mode.
Beatles Eternally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:10 PM   #4
billyjoey12
Bat Boy

Where is this MOD and how do I use it?
billyjoey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:44 PM   #5
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Steam Workshop

Subscribe to the mod, allow it time to download, then open Workshop Central from your OOTP start screen. Find the mod in your listings and click where it says to install.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:03 PM   #6
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

After you get the mod you will need to reinstall it from Workshop Central any time OOTP21 puts out a new update to the game. This only takes a minute though. The reason is because after every update that gets released one of the important files gets overwritten and the mod puts the required one in place.

OOTP uses a set of default modifiers when you play from the Exhibition option on the main menu. These modifiers used to work great but they were made many years ago for like OOTP16 or something. Many adjustments have been made to OOTP since then and I think Markus needs to recalibrate these. I played a game recently and it was just tons of strikeouts and ended up being 1-0 but it took maybe 12 innings to get there.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:03 PM   #7
billyjoey12
Bat Boy

Thank you. Is this through Steam?
Old 04-09-2020, 10:16 AM   #8
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

I don't use Steam. But I also use the historical matchup feature often and I understand your frustration. What I do is, after I set up the matchup and rosters, I then exit to the OOTP Main Menu. You should be able to do that by clicking on it at the top right hand corner of the rosters page.

Now it will be among your saved game as "historical matchup", you can load it just like any other game and then you can play the games out and customize lineups and stadiums like you would for any full game load or season.
Nick Soulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:47 PM   #9
billyjoey12
Bat Boy

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #10
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

If you have OOTP20 there is a mod I posted called By The Decade in the Steam Workshop that you may want.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 06:11 PM   #11
swede61
Minors (Double A)

Nick-

I tried that, but how exactly do you customize the stadiums and uniforms for a historical exhibition?

Thanks
Swede
swede61 is offline   Reply With Quote