Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

Yet another Spreadsheet

Just gonna drop this here.

Feel free to use it or not, fill out the info in boxes that don't have a dash it's pretty self-explanatory. Thanks to everyone here for all their work on spreadsheets and formulas (DonkeyKongSr and ASURay come to mind) and also a couple reddit users.

Formulas are listed, it's what I could find as the most current. It'll color code and rank itself.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ih...yXTcxU3BhmL7PT

I'll edit this post too because my brain doesn't work properly:

I hadn't used excel for a long time, and frankensteined this dumb thing together. If you find any mistakes (very likely) or have any requests/tips/etc - feel free to ask. This sheet is mainly for myself that I am sharing so do what you will with it, request anything you want... just know that requests might not get put in for one of a couple reasons:

1) I'm too dumb to do it.
2) I wouldn't use it/don't see the need for it on my sheet.

Last edited by ubernoob; 04-08-2020 at 10:48 PM.
ubernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:19 PM   #2
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Thank you very much!! I couldn't figure out how to fill in pitchers!!

Last edited by Jeff1787; 04-08-2020 at 04:13 PM.
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:27 PM   #3
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Thanks you very much!! I couldn't figure out how to fill in pitchers!!
No worries, I just did the batters tab last night. Pitching isn't filled out yet (slowing doing it throughout the day/night as I get free time) and I'm trying to figure out if there is more than the FIP formula right now to add for that. So far that's the best I have found.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:34 PM   #4
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

I'm still not convinced that the editor projections bear out correctly for PT performance. Editor is based on offline engine/game world, which won't necessarily act the same way as PL. But these are a great way to understand what breakpoint values are important, and are definitely better than going by feel.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:42 PM   #5
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
I'm still not convinced that the editor projections bear out correctly for PT performance. Editor is based on offline engine/game world, which won't necessarily act the same way as PL. But these are a great way to understand what breakpoint values are important, and are definitely better than going by feel.
Yeah, this isn't meant to be a "Plug in your players and figure out what they will produce."

The engine *should* be the same (save for tournaments that take place in other years, in which case I'm sure we have the info on those years and could work out formulas) as offline, you just end up facing such a wide variety of cards (and much better cards in general.)

I tucked the numbers projections at the end because I feel that's not what's important to see, but I don't want to fully hide them. It's more a player comparison tool and (once you get more data points entered) can be helpful in finding players that you may have missed on first glance. Far too many variables to keep track of for raw projections to be that accurate. Crazy park factors, inflated values, etc.

Last edited by ubernoob; 04-08-2020 at 03:45 PM.
ubernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #6
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob View Post
Yeah, this isn't meant to be a "Plug in your players and figure out what they will produce."

The engine *should* be the same (save for tournaments that take place in other years, in which case I'm sure we have the info on those years and could work out formulas) as offline, you just end up facing such a wide variety of cards (and much better cards in general.)

I tucked the numbers projections at the end because I feel that's not what's important to see, but I don't want to fully hide them. It's more a player comparison tool and (once you get more data points entered) can be helpful in finding players that you may have missed on first glance. Far too many variables to keep track of for raw projections to be that accurate. Crazy park factors, inflated values, etc.
Not just that the players will be better or more varied, but their stat distributions will be potentially different than what we'd see in 2010 data or whatever era they use to normalize PT. You might see more stuff or more HR power in the average PT player, but maybe a similar amount of EYE or a lesser amount of GAP; something that would change the relative importance of each of these stat calculations, not just add an overall scale factor to their production. For that, you really need actual league data.

That doesn't mean these are unusable, just they they're a (pretty decent) starting point. And here it's been put into a really great format so the results are easy to parse.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #7
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob View Post
No worries, I just did the batters tab last night. Pitching isn't filled out yet (slowing doing it throughout the day/night as I get free time) and I'm trying to figure out if there is more than the FIP formula right now to add for that. So far that's the best I have found.
The FIP formula that you are using was used in both OOTP19 and OOTP20 I think.
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:49 PM   #8
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

Link in the OP updated, both pitcher sheets ready to be filled out.

Again I pre-populated it with a couple different cards to show how the sheet sorts and what it looks like if you ignore ratings fields.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ih...yXTcxU3BhmL7PT
Old 04-09-2020, 08:57 AM   #9
Charlatan
All Star Starter

This is a great spreadsheet. I downloaded a copy this morning and have been fiddling with it a bit. Thank you for all the work you put into it.

I will probably adapt to using this for my analysis (I'm going to move some of the columns around so I can see the "bottom line" evaluations easily on one screen. But this is an awesome tool.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote