Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-02-2020, 05:12 PM   #21
willat0660
Minors (Double A)

I had Mattingly 75 and Keith Hernandez 77 in my Silver tourneys. I wish I could look up their lifetime numbers. Mattingly was an RBI machine, Hernandez too.

I haven't seen a Mattingly yet in 21 and the only KH I see is a 90.

People seem much more aware of the bargains in 21, there doesn't seem to be as many as 20 had.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:01 AM   #22
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

All of the PEAK PEAK HOF BEST EVAH PLAYER OF THE CENTURY dudes need the complementary "just an average year" cards, too.

I'd advocate for a Cubs Maddux card, or any number of "before they were deities" examples. Some players got em, many/most do not.

Last edited by Lemandria; 04-03-2020 at 05:07 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:52 PM   #23
Mikecouil
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I am becoming convinced that Don Newcombe is the best Iron player in this game.

However, if his recent auction house trends are any indication, I am not the only one arriving at this conclusion.
After this tip I spent 2 days searching on AH before one showed up for 500 PP and I snagged it.

He's absolutely ridiculous and a must have if you are trying to play iron tournaments. In a game he started 10 minutes ago he went 3 for 4 with an RBI and pitched 9 shut out innings in a 1-0 win. I won two tournaments last night in which he dominated.

The rest of the team is VERY ho hum with zero consistency outside of Newcombe.
Mikecouil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:13 AM   #24
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecouil View Post
After this tip I spent 2 days searching on AH before one showed up for 500 PP and I snagged it.

He's absolutely ridiculous and a must have if you are trying to play iron tournaments. In a game he started 10 minutes ago he went 3 for 4 with an RBI and pitched 9 shut out innings in a 1-0 win. I won two tournaments last night in which he dominated.

You paid a lot less for him than I did

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:58 AM   #25
SlinkyTWF
Minors (Double A)

I'll probably find better eventually, but these lads have been winning about 20% of Bronze quickies. Pitchers are as high-rated as I can find with bias toward MOV and CON with a L/R balance in the Pen.

68 Scott Fletcher at 2B
55 Rey Sanchez at SS
64 Bill Buckner in LF
69 Vic Davalillo in CF, but he's been going for over 1000.
68 Andy Van Slyke in RF.
63 Frank Malzone at 3B
68 Ray Sanders/69 Chris Shelton 1B Platoon
69 Stew Cliburn CL

PT24:

PT23:
PT22:

PT21:
PT20:
SlinkyTWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:37 PM   #26
Warhawk
Major Leagues

A good center field option for Bronze is Darryl Hamilton, he's not an elite fielder like Davalillo but he's solid (unlike the also commonly used Alou), he's a better hitter than Davalillo, and you can get him for a tenth the price. Alternately, I think Midre Cummings is a similarly good option, although I need more data on him.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:52 PM   #27
Morug
Major Leagues

Jim Eisenreich (64) 72 con , 46 pow and 62 def at RF, 125-150 pp

F2P pack only

F2P AH
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:19 PM   #28
Mikecouil
Minors (Triple A)

Add 1B Casey Kotchman to my list.

Picked up for 50PP and he is a high OPS/OBP guy with a great glove. Huge upgrade at 1B for me overy Miggy.
Mikecouil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:00 AM   #29
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffersonJim View Post
I get a lot of mileage out of 78 Live Chris Taylor
I will second this one. Great bullpen arm for me. Outpitches his Gold teammates in the bullpen.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:48 PM   #30
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecouil View Post

look at the times....

HMMM....

5 Newcombes, all at the same time... that is very impossible

If someone was selling 5 Newcombes, they couldn't post them all at the same time.
There is zero chance in the world that there are 5 people selling Newcombes all at the same time.

If there is some seeding going on (and I know, they say it isn't happening), then I would kind of like some of my seed money back since the values were a lie and not fair market.

I don't mind spending money on the game however I don't think it is right, or within Apple's term of service, to be seeding an auction house for in game purchases without telling the public that it is happening.

I'm a little upset over this one. be fair, don't cheat and don't steal money from people.

No one tells anyone to purchase PP, however that doesn't give someone to lie to the customer.

If you guys are seeding the game, can you please stop. Or just give me some of the players that the God mode people have. I would like Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb and some others. Something is fishy
Attached Images

HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:10 PM   #31
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We're not seeding. Probably is someone who has been lucky to draw 5 copies of him. I know I've probably drawn about 10 copies of the 58 Lofton card, but sadly that one doesn't sell for 1-2k on the market
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:17 PM   #32
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We're not seeding. Probably is someone who has been lucky to draw 5 copies of him. I know I've probably drawn about 10 copies of the 58 Lofton card, but sadly that one doesn't sell for 1-2k on the market
I agree there is a lot of luck, and I agree that there are a lot of packs to be had with the tourneys but Matt, the end time is the same for all the auctions.

--

So, lets say there is zero seeding. Then there is someone using add-ons or other hacks to post multi auctions at the same time. And if that is the case, then it is something you guys should look into and ban those people because if they are hacking the auction house, even with a speed poster with a 50 card limit, then maybe that is being compromised also.

It really hurts the honest people who support you guys (like me, I bought game, and spend my real money on PPs. My play is honest.

Can you make the playing field honest.

--

And Matt, you are a developer for the game. You should be able to see who posted the auctions and give an answer that isn't a 'maybe' or 'possibility'.

Old 04-10-2020, 03:26 PM   #33
daves
Hall Of Famer

Davailillo, Boone and Billy Martin are decent Bronze players

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:14 PM   #34
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

I could be wrong, I wish the guy selling the Newcombe's luck in selling them. At least I posted your auction in the forums for you.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:15 PM   #35
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Davailillo, Boone and Billy Martin are decent Bronze players

I know Davalillo isn’t cheap though, I spent over 1k on one yesterday for my Sun Kings bronze team. The CF selection at bronze is just very limited, and he’s the best hitter of all the elite defenders - which isn’t to say he’s a great hitter, he’s OK. I imagine the Boone is pricey too but I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2020, 09:19 PM   #36
Warhawk
Major Leagues

You can get Brent Suter for like 100 PP on the AH right now.

Yes, a 66 OVR live pitcher. Trust me.

(at least for Bronze tournaments, he's not as good at the Silver level)

And here's one that's not cheap per se but is cheap for the level: I've found from the stats that 79 OVR closer Brad Hand is one of the better relievers in gold tournaments. He's not on the level of the top tier guys, but from what I've seen he performs as well as a lot of mid-80s historicals and the top tier of live relievers (like Hendricks, Osuna, and Pressly). Seth Lugo also looks good in gold. Now, that's only in a few hundred innings each, so they could regress, but it's enough to indicate some degree of quality.

Last edited by Warhawk; 04-12-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:05 AM   #37
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Newcombe is part of a collection now. That's why there is so many. On the first day of the collection there were quite a few selling for 1000 or less, so someone bought them all. (not me) and raised the price.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:52 AM   #38
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Newcombe is part of a collection now. That's why there is so many. On the first day of the collection there were quite a few selling for 1000 or less, so someone bought them all. (not me) and raised the price.
Nice that someone is able to provide this service to the other users...
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #39
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
Agree. Even though I bought him Ozzie Smith going for over 2k in AH isn't quite a bargain. Vic is over 1000 in AH. 2B Del Pratt is a good rated card if you want to spend.

Here are some who have performed well in tourneys for me, although I have only entered a dozen for Bronze (2 winner and a 2nd place):

Charlie Babb - Switch hitter good speed, great fielding 70 contact and avoid K. 200pp in AH

2B Tim Naehring - also 1B SS 3B above 50 in all hit ratings. 125pp in AH

Ian Happ Live - All OF 1B 2B 3B, switch hitter 72 power, 68 eye. < 100pp in AH

Carl Yaz 68 overall 1B and LF. <200pp

Even Live Mike Yaz plays all OF had a couple series MVPs in a winner bronze tourney who knows < 100pp is a good price.

Live Pitchers seem to have the highest rated pitches and stuff rating if that means anything. They will be static for a while now. There are so many to go through tho

Oh, the Live Mike Yaz card is very good all around valuable card for me
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:39 AM   #40
neugey
All Star Reserve

In my Dynasty thread, I have a featured card of the week section, mainly with tournaments in mind. I try to select the non-obvious players to feature (you won't see me write a summary on Newcombe or Davalillo)

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote