Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:48 PM   #1
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Same pitcher starts on consecutive days??

Here's a good one.

After pitching a complete game and earning a nice win, Mike Soroka promptly started the next game and went 1.1 IP!

My settings are 5 man rotation, strict, on occasion highest rested. The next day starter said Gausman, who was 100%. They are both righties.

Can anyone shed some light on why the AI would do that?
Old 04-07-2020, 09:23 AM   #2
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbutt View Post
Here's a good one.

After pitching a complete game and earning a nice win, Mike Soroka promptly started the next game and went 1.1 IP!

My settings are 5 man rotation, strict, on occasion highest rested. The next day starter said Gausman, who was 100%. They are both righties.

Can anyone shed some light on why the AI would do that?

You'd have alot more fun if you didn't try and pick apart every single pitching move. Geez. For what it's worth, I usually go highest rested.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Did your rotation get shuffled at all? That is the danger of using Strict, it will ignore how rested the pitcher is. Or, maybe this is some sort of glitch with the combination of "strict, but occasionally highest rested".

Like the previous poster, I've never had an issue when setting it just as "highest rested".
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:25 AM   #4
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
You'd have alot more fun if you didn't try and pick apart every single pitching move. Geez. For what it's worth, I usually go highest rested.
By "picking apart" do you mean pointing out legitimate inconsistencies? I take it you'd be fine taking an L because your starter pitched two days in a row?

Thanks for the reply. I'll try highest rested.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:28 AM   #5
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
Did your rotation get shuffled at all? That is the danger of using Strict, it will ignore how rested the pitcher is. Or, maybe this is some sort of glitch with the combination of "strict, but occasionally highest rested". Like the previous poster, I've never had an issue when setting it just as "highest rested".
Its hard to say. I sent one starter to the reserve roster and brought another in to replace him. That new starter has been the highest rested and has yet to pitch, while some of the others have gone twice.

I'm hoping that after quitting the app and waiting a day things will resolve themselves.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:37 AM   #6
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
By "picking apart" do you mean pointing out legitimate inconsistencies? I take it you'd be fine taking an L because your starter pitched two days in a row?

Thanks for the reply. I'll try highest rested.
Well, no offense, I see about 5 threads and you are behind all of them. There indeed are some inconsistencies but it's software, right? Maybe I'm lucky, I don't see anything crazy in my games that cause me to become concerned. I do hope you enjoy the game, I'm just afraid if you are really bothered by an AI that doesn't completely behave like a human in every circumstance you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:53 AM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Strict rotation means strict. So If you changed up the rotation and the next starter was still on Soroka, then he'll start the game, even if he just pitched the day before.

If you want to avoid that, I would suggest using the "strict, occasionally highest rested", in which case it will more or less run a strict order of the highest rested starters (so it might go 1, 3, 4, 2, 5 if you happen to have moved guys around, but the next time through the rotation will usually again go 1, 3, 4, 2, 5, until you have an off-day which might shift things around).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #8
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Strict rotation means strict. So If you changed up the rotation and the next starter was still on Soroka, then he'll start the game, even if he just pitched the day before.

If you want to avoid that, I would suggest using the "strict, occasionally highest rested", in which case it will more or less run a strict order of the highest rested starters (so it might go 1, 3, 4, 2, 5 if you happen to have moved guys around, but the next time through the rotation will usually again go 1, 3, 4, 2, 5, until you have an off-day which might shift things around).
Soroka had just pitched. The next starter scheduled to go was Gausman.

I have changed to "strict, occasionally highest rested". Thanks!
Old 04-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #9
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Well, no offense, I see about 5 threads and you are behind all of them. There indeed are some inconsistencies but it's software, right? Maybe I'm lucky, I don't see anything crazy in my games that cause me to become concerned. I do hope you enjoy the game, I'm just afraid if you are really bothered by an AI that doesn't completely behave like a human in every circumstance you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
I probably just have too much time on my hands due to the crazy times and everything being shut down right now.

Apologies for peppering the forum!

I am enjoying the game a lot.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 04-07-2020, 02:55 PM   #10
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I probably just have too much time on my hands due to the crazy times and everything being shut down right now.

Apologies for peppering the forum!

I am enjoying the game a lot.

Thanks for the reply!

No problem, agree on the too much time, we all have that more or less.

We can talk PT and baseball here, not trying to stifle any conversation. It's just you seemed so focused on it!

Anyway, good luck with your team. I'd gift you a couple of points if I could.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #11
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
No problem, agree on the too much time, we all have that more or less.

We can talk PT and baseball here, not trying to stifle any conversation. It's just you seemed so focused on it!

Anyway, good luck with your team. I'd gift you a couple of points if I could.
Well some of us are still 'on the front lines' as essential personnel. It's stressful but at least we are kept occupied and employed. I would not trade it for the alternative, risk be damned.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:36 PM   #12
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Well some of us are still 'on the front lines' as essential personnel. It's stressful but at least we are kept occupied and employed. I would not trade it for the alternative, risk be damned.
Well, thank you for that!

I'm in IT so I've been working from home for a long time so it wasn't too weird for me but it is still a feeling of isolation for many. Still, stay safe on those front lines if you can. I fell ill yesterday but I don't think it's COVID based on the symptoms.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:40 PM   #13
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Well, thank you for that!

I'm in IT so I've been working from home for a long time so it wasn't too weird for me but it is still a feeling of isolation for many. Still, stay safe on those front lines if you can. I fell ill yesterday but I don't think it's COVID based on the symptoms.
I'm in IT as well but I have to deal with hardware repair as part of my role so they are keeping us onsite. It also helps 'show the flag' to keep people from being laid off I suspect.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #14
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Stay safe out there!