Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #41
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
My point is the only real scale used to 20-80 in increments of 5. The ratings we have, I believe, are far in excess of what managers and GMs have in reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actually 20-80 with increments of 5 is more accurate than stars. Stars have 10 different values where 20/80 has 13.

I don't believe we have a single rating that is not represented by what a scout or coach can see with their eyes

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:41 PM   #42
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

I play a lot of stats only and while stats are far from foolproof they can give away a lot. In games where I switch back to 'normal' scouting I'll pick up some good players who the scouts think are crap.

So someone is hitting .310 after 2 months of AAA. With a small sample like that, you'd need some confirming with other stats too. So is that .310 coming with power, because you can't fluke power. You also can't fluke control of the strike zone. What's his OPS+ like, because maybe the league batting average is .295 and what he's doing isn't special at all.

So if a guy is hitting .310 with 4 walks and 35 strikeouts, that's probably not a .310 hitter. Same guy has an OBP of .450 then he's probably legitimate. There's a lot of things of course, but control of the strike zone, both as a pitcher and a batter, is a major factor.

I'll promote a free swinger if he does that for a season and does more than hit singles, and of course defensive position goes into it too.

All that said, of course real life managers use more than stats. Far more. They've only been really using stats for around 25 years now and before that, all of it was feel and impressions of a player. Even today they'll not just look at what a guy is doing, but how he's doing it and if whatever technique they use will translate to the majors. That's why soft tossers with very good minor league records still don't get good major league shots.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:34 PM   #43
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Not only stats in real life but basically they have everything on film and motion capture.

Mlb, practice facilities, soring training I believe. I think some minors have it not sure if it's 100%.

They said the film and motion capture stuff is really helping development. This season was supposedly the 1st season that has this crazy skeleton/muscle motion capture.

Think it was in real time too. Part of the mlb C's milb was over some facilities that were too outdated. They want real time video/motion of everyone.

Player just took 100 swings the AI can instantly give results on it.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote