Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #1
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Starter hook question

OK so I've noticed over the last season that on a number of occasions, my starter gets shelled and yanked after 1.2 IP or 2.1 IP and 6 earned. It has happened over a dozen times to different pitchers.

I realize, in many cases this is due to the whale offenses I am facing, however, it just happened again in the new season. The same 1.2 or 2.1 IP and 6 earned runs.

So I keep reviewing the box scores and logs to determine what exactly is going on. My conclusion is, at least in this last case, Guzman gives up a 3 run shot early, and then in the second with two outs, gets into trouble and yanked after 42 pitches. A reliever comes in and eventually gets out of it but the runs belonging to Guzman score.

My question is this: what pitcher hook strategy do I need to change so that Guzman can not get yanked at 42 pitches? If I edit his individual player strategy and override team hook strategy, will that leave him in longer?
Old 04-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #2
Snowball
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It should. Override team strat and bump the hook as starter to slow.

I mean if they dont perform well they will be pulled eventually no matter how “slow” it is.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:01 PM   #3
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
It should. Override team strat and bump the hook as starter to slow.

I mean if they dont perform well they will be pulled eventually no matter how “slow” it is.
Thanks!

And yes, I would hope so. It should be interesting to see if this helps him (and some of the other SP) to avoid so many 1.2IP and 2.1 IP outings.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:02 PM   #4
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

OK so this happened again.

Patrick Corbin gave up a three run home run in the first. He came out for the second and gave up a hit and the AI pulled him, despite my player strategy, which is set for longer hook and override team strategy.

He has a pitch count but the AI pulled him at 21 pitches and brought in the long reliever.

This kind of thing has really been troublesome because my long guys wind up having to work too often and then are both tired when they actually are needed and cannot perform well.

Can anyone explain why the AI is pulling my starter after giving up three runs on 21 pitches?
Old 04-06-2020, 08:06 PM   #5
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Annnnd again. Berrios gives up a three run bomb to Nelson Cruz and does not come out to start the second after throwing 15 pitches.

This is frustrating. I just tweaked my team strategy in 1st-6th inning for longer hook, AND the player strategy. Who lifts their starter after 15 pitches this early in the year?

Can anyone explain why this is happening?