Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:27 PM   #281
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
A new day, a new leader.The first red crown chase will be hotly contested, as the Puppies took their turn in the catbird seat and lead a half-dozen viable contenders by the slimmest of margins.

I've posted the wild card standings for the whole of R92. I forget most days because, to be honest, they don't much interest me. All the PT standings mean to me is a chance to grab some PP to improve my squad in OL

Port Ruppert Report:

Given their mediocre status, I thought I might wait until tomorrow to make some move toward improvement. However, since the Mundys are close enough to grab the 1,000 PP for the playoffs, they invested some 8700 PP in catcher Jim Sundberg, pitcher Pat Jarvis, and Dave Winfield in order to strengthen their run. In the race that matters, it's wait until next year, again.
I wish I hadn't seen this post.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:41 PM   #282
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
finally got smarter and deactivated all my live cards

Actually took it a step further, especially in light of how I chased a certain collection. I removed all temptation by selling off all the lives from from Port Ruppert except the iron, and all except the silver for Asylum. When Terra Incognita joins the fold next week, they'll only retain live bronze.

I also will be deactivating the OL cards above 40, as soon as I have Asylum ready to go. It just makes it cleaner to look at and helps my tired brain. I will again keep the three rosters unique. So far the only conflict was Asylum having to sell a gold Bronson Arroyo, who already is on the Mundys staff.

I've attached a line score of the Asylum Keepers last non-compliant game. Not only did they do all the amazing packing I detailed earlier, in game 162, they left a 3000+ PP present.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:00 PM   #283
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Actually took it a step further, especially in light of how I chased a certain collection. I removed all temptation by selling off all the lives from from Port Ruppert except the iron, and all except the silver for Asylum. When Terra Incognita joins the fold next week, they'll only retain live bronze.
White Stallions and Rock Piles both play with a 40-man roster. All other cards inactive. Rams only have 37 eligible players

Maintaining a 40-man roster is a lot easier.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:56 PM   #284
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
White Stallions and Rock Piles both play with a 40-man roster. All other cards inactive. Rams only have 37 eligible players

Maintaining a 40-man roster is a lot easier.

Curious if you allow repeat players across your rosters.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:37 PM   #285
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Curious if you allow repeat players across your rosters.
I do. THAT's confusing.

Old 04-05-2020, 05:26 PM   #286
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do. THAT's confusing.

Do you mean repeating or not repeating is confusing? I just keep a sheet of paper with the 26 man roster (in pencil) for ease of comparison. I will also let the teams "trade" a player if it helps both out. I also try to replace a player if another team comes up with a markedly better card. For me it gives the teams a definite personality and color, which makes it more fun. If I didn't do that, I'd probably only have one team. This year, I might even extend that restriction to include Willie Mays. Of course I need to get the first Mays card. Then I could decide easily my favorite team.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:25 PM   #287
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Do you mean repeating or not repeating is confusing? I just keep a sheet of paper with the 26 man roster (in pencil) for ease of comparison. I will also let the teams "trade" a player if it helps both out. I also try to replace a player if another team comes up with a markedly better card. For me it gives the teams a definite personality and color, which makes it more fun. If I didn't do that, I'd probably only have one team. This year, I might even extend that restriction to include Willie Mays. Of course I need to get the first Mays card. Then I could decide easily my favorite team.
Confusing is an overstatement. Just momentarily, I have to determine which version of the player I'm looking at, because I do allow repeats. I don't chase them, however. To this point I've allowed them if they happen. But I think I only have one or two repeats. You've inspired me to perhaps change that.

Old 04-05-2020, 09:37 PM   #288
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Location, location, location

Was curious about where each team in R92 was located - as far as their fictional setting. However, only myself and Adion have placed their teams.

In the process of looking at ballpark locations, I discovered you can temporarily move an opponent's ballpark (though it resets each download, it appears)

Interestingly, Adion's Sierra Vista Scorpions and Ft. Huachuca Buffalo Soldiers share the same ballpark (Buffalo Soldiers Field), just south of Douglas, AZ (where my wife spent several years in her childhood).

More interestingly, when the Buffalo Soldiers play at BSF, the park holds 72,000 fans, while it is configure for only 10,000 when it is the home of the Scorpions.

So...where are your ballparks? (I would suggest the coordinates 42.125119, -87.819031 for the Palolo Puppies.)

Old 04-05-2020, 10:19 PM   #289
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Was curious about where each team in R92 was located - as far as their fictional setting. However, only myself and Adion have placed their teams.

In the process of looking at ballpark locations, I discovered you can temporarily move an opponent's ballpark (though it resets each download, it appears)

Interestingly, Adion's Sierra Vista Scorpions and Ft. Huachuca Buffalo Soldiers share the same ballpark (Buffalo Soldiers Field), just south of Douglas, AZ (where my wife spent several years in her childhood).

More interestingly, when the Buffalo Soldiers play at BSF, the park holds 72,000 fans, while it is configure for only 10,000 when it is the home of the Scorpions.

So...where are your ballparks? (I would suggest the coordinates 42.125119, -87.819031 for the Palolo Puppies.)

I have The Spile for Waffletown set at coordinates 44.481424 / -73.187609. Since I used an alternate logo from the Vermont Lake Monsters for the Syrups (only used once by them as far as I'm aware when they called the team the "Maple Kings"), I made the location of their field the coordinates here. (If you plug those coordinates into a google map, it should come up basically around Centennial field in Burlington, Vermont.)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:08 PM   #290
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
(If you plug those coordinates into a google map, it should come up basically around Centennial field in Burlington, Vermont.)
Not "around", specifically between home plate and the first base dugout. Very nice.

And, yes, the backstory of the locations is really what interests me.

Old 04-06-2020, 01:01 AM   #291
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My three teams take their names from "The Great American Novel," by Phillip Roth, a very funny, wonderfully crude at times, baseball book. The story centers on the Port Ruppert Mundys, of defunct Patriot League, whose greedy owners have rented out the ballpark as a WW II training ground, thus forcing the Mundys on the road for the season. It weaves in many, many historical baseball stories and is a fanciful delight. I haven't read it in a couple of years, so it might be due again. I'm sure I've read it about a dozen times over the years.

All three cities are fictional, but their states are named in the book. Port Ruppert is in New Jersey, so I just took it to be either Newark or Port Newark, NJ. I think Roth might be from Newark, which was home to the minor league legends, the Newark Bears. I don't think Roosevelt Stadium is still open.

Asylum is in Ohio, which makes me picture Sanitarium Hills Stadium in the rolling hills of Loveland, OH, just ouside of Cincinnati. When I was in tech school at Fort Benjamin Harrison, IN, a classmate and I would go to Loveland on weekends, which is where he lived.

Terra Incognita is, I think, in South Dakota, but I'll have to check the book to posit a location for Moonlight Roundup Corral.

On a side note, when I was stationed at Luke AFB in Glendale,AZ, we always had an Army lieutenant, assigned to Fort Huachuca, attached to our office. It made me reminisce a bit when I saw the name this year.

Finally, make sure your Friends List is up to date, you select use Friends List and submit, submit, submit.

Good luck next week
Old 04-06-2020, 05:40 AM   #292
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Stanley: Thank you for your service. I'm retired AF currently a contractor at WPAFB in Dayton.

On an official note, I picked up SS 86-Snapshot Jay Bell for a mere 1900. 92Def, 61CON 70POW 59EYE 51AVK. A good all around card for a gold of that price, plus I needed to shore up the D up the middle. He replaces Shawon Dunston (65) who hit .218 with a 55D. Will try to break .500 in OL this season as it looks like I will be staying back in Rookie.

On a side note my 2nd team (also FTP no restrictions) won their bronze championship in the first week of existence.

PT22: FTP Team "Our League Member"

PT21: FTP Non-Live Cards "Our-League member"

PT21: FTP Team

PT 20 History:
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:55 AM   #293
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Huzzah! Everyone on the sheet made it into the same league in their respective tiers: Rookie .085, Stone .107, Iron .180, Bronze .205

good luck in the new season
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:09 AM   #294
Charlatan
All Star Starter

That's good news on the league placement. Only took us a year and a half to get it right!

I ran into a strange thing this morning - all the changes I made last night were undone. And that reminded me that there's this weird limbo state that exists after your league championship has ended until.... not sure how long it lasts, maybe until the next day? At any rate, any changes I made after the championship was won got reset. Changed I made this morning just prior to the league launch did stick, though. So if you made changes to your team last night, check it when you can.

Good luck, folks. Brigadoon has set a goal of winning more games this year than last... since we won 59 last year, it's probably an achievable goal!

I guess Annandale's goal is to someday make the playoffs and not get swept. :/
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:10 AM   #295
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Yes.. The Daytona Beach Tortugas are stoked!.. Many games in the Rookie league.. Should make an otherwise what is shaping up to be a bad week a little bit better.. This game is a Blessing!
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:18 AM   #296
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Sorry guys, looks like my teams landed in your league this week. The Gutter Cats are a former OL team and ftp. So is the Led Zeppelins, one of my other ftp teams. The bummer part is the Fighting Saints are also there.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:51 AM   #297
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Sorry guys, looks like my teams landed in your league this week. The Gutter Cats are a former OL team and ftp. So is the Led Zeppelins, one of my other ftp teams. The bummer part is the Fighting Saints are also there.

It's nice when old friends drop by...

and stay for the year.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:01 AM   #298
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Good work guys.

To echo the words above, nice that we got it right. Let's extend our streak to two in a row. Since I whined about it much last year, I'm saying this just once (I think).

I wish OOTP would apply the Friends List uniformly. With 16 (?) teams in one stone league, would be nice if the there were four divisions with three teams, and two in thee others. I always feel bad for the outliers.

Shinbone and Asylum are the two OL teams in bronze and play each other 19 times. I guess OOTP figures Friends want to play each other in a lot of games. I'd rather have the shot at an OL World Series.

Once and future OL members, the Terra Incognita Rustlers are also in the OL stone league. Good luck to everyone this year.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:03 AM   #299
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
That's good news on the league placement. Only took us a year and a half to get it right!

I ran into a strange thing this morning - all the changes I made last night were undone. And that reminded me that there's this weird limbo state that exists after your league championship has ended until.... not sure how long it lasts, maybe until the next day? At any rate, any changes I made after the championship was won got reset. Changed I made this morning just prior to the league launch did stick, though. So if you made changes to your team last night, check it when you can.

Good luck, folks. Brigadoon has set a goal of winning more games this year than last... since we won 59 last year, it's probably an achievable goal!

I guess Annandale's goal is to someday make the playoffs and not get swept. :/

I've seen it both ways. It used to be especially bad with graphics. Then someone told me how to load them onto the server in profiles and settings and it was cured.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #300
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Aside to jeff1787

I looked at your roster and I think we match up well. In my quick perusal, it seemed like we didn't have any players in common. That possibility is one of the coolest things about OL.

I hope OOTP meant the joke when they made Rex Hudler a One Hit Wonder.

How about a wager on the season series? We'll put up the Sanitarium Hills Stadium concession stand's famous Nut Rolls, if you offer some of Shinbone's osso buco.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-06-2020 at 08:15 AM.