Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:43 PM   #1
Michael42371
Minors (Single A)

Error 203 -wrong path

Error 203 -wrong path

I am getting this error message "error 203: Wrong Path" in a game an online league in both ootp20 and ootp 21. The OOTP20 league worked fine until yesterday. I bought OOTP21 last night and since then having this issue. In a 2nd league in OOTP20 that has no issues. Tried deleted and reinstalling both leagues, no luck. Any ideas?
Michael42371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:03 PM   #2
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

he is having this in two leagues that I run. He has a third league in v20 that is working fine. So we looked at my file server for issues but none of the other GMs in either league I run is experiencing any issues.

I worked with this GM having him change his FTP settings in-game including trying to use HTML instead of FTP.

I am not an FTP person my help there is limited.

I'm not clear if this Error 203 Wrong Path applies to the ftp server or something to do on his computer.

The GM had no issues with the v20 league for a long time, it all started when he installed v21.

Any help would be appreciated.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

I had him try to enable the FTP trace and he says he go in error in doing that....

"
Could not open ftp file. Log file not found"
Old 03-25-2020, 06:41 PM   #4
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

in 21.1.34 I just tried to enable the FTP trace function and I am getting the error that I could not open the trace file.

I enable the FTP trace
Closed down OOTP21
Started OOTP21
tried exporting
went to look at the ftp trace and got the error that it couldn't find the file
disabled ftp trace
shutdown and restarted and still no luck with the file

So looking like the FTP Trace is not working

Last edited by byzeil; 03-25-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:30 AM   #5
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

this issue persists. The user GM has tried uninstalling OOTP21 and reinstalling "as administrator" and nothing has changed.

Again it is only affect 2 of the 3 leagues he is in, one v20 and one v21, and started when he installed OOTP21. The two affected leagues are on the same server so that may be a clue to the issue though no one else in either of those leagues is having a problem so I'd lean towards an issue on the GMs end.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:26 AM   #6
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

was able to get FTP trace to work and here is the error he is getting

Quote:
2020-03-26 11:12:57 open: FTP_CLIENT:pen - password set
2020-03-26 11:12:57 open: FTP_CLIENT:pen - port set to 21
2020-03-26 11:12:57 set_passive_mode: set to passive mode
2020-03-26 11:12:58 open: Successfully opened connection to host
ftp.sportsrealm.net
2020-03-26 11:13:20 open: Server does not seem to support ModeZ
2020-03-26 11:13:20 open: Send buffer size is 131072 bytes
2020-03-26 11:13:20 cd: Could not change directory to /lgexports/CBBL : ChilkatLog:

So he is connecting to the server and then running into an issue.

I'm trying to find info on "ModeZ"
Old 03-26-2020, 10:35 AM   #7
Andreas Raht
Administrator

ModeZ is not a problem.

Please use Filezilla and see if it connects and if it can create that folder. If that does not work, OOTP will have problems, too.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:57 AM   #8
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

OK. Lets forget I ever brought up Mode Z

I just checked my working export FTP trace and I get the same message
Old 03-26-2020, 11:04 AM   #9
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

That folder already exists. Other people are successfully exporting to this server. It is only one GM and only since he installed OOTP21 (before he installed OOTP21 he was exporting just fine but not neither league he is trying to export to on this server is working, one v21 and the other v20)

Just talked to another commish and he has a GM in an online league having the same issue

Last edited by byzeil; 03-26-2020 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:08 AM   #10
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

1st log is the GM who is failing and 2nd log is my successful attempt
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-26-2020, 11:15 AM   #11
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

so the question is why are only a selective few clients having this issue?

The Commish of the other league seems to think it might be a port thing. He had the user there who was having the problem use FileZilla and was able to access the directory but it doesn't work in OOTP.

Last edited by byzeil; 03-26-2020 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:55 PM   #12
Michael42371
Minors (Single A)

OOTP 20 worked fine until I bought and installed 21. In 2 leagues in 20 and 1 in 21. One league in 20 works and one doesn't. The league in 21 has never worked. I deleted and reinstalled both league files - no change. I uninstalled the entire game of OOTP21 and reinstalled, no change. The only thing I did not do was uninstall OOTP 20, I can't find the original email that has the license code.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:11 PM   #13
Michael42371
Minors (Single A)

ZERO response from anyone at OOTP to my emails/posts here to fix this issue. requested a refund of OOTP21. Will be disputing the charge on my credit card tomorrow if no response or fix is sent.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #14
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael42371 View Post
ZERO response from anyone at OOTP to my emails/posts here to fix this issue. requested a refund of OOTP21. Will be disputing the charge on my credit card tomorrow if no response or fix is sent.
We haven't replied because we're currently facing a pretty big backlog of tickets given the huge amount of folks stuck at home and playing the game right now. Even so, we've been responding to most tickets within 48 hours.

Unfortunately, in this specific case, this is not something that happens as a result of a bug, and not something we can fix or even reliably troubleshoot. A 203 error is typically a result of a conflict or settings issue on the user's system or conflict between their settings and the commish's

One possibility is a program like an anti-virus or VPN blocking the connection, but this is unfortunately extraordinarily difficult, if not impossible, to troubleshoot, as the problem is typically the result of how other third-party programs are interacting with the network connection and OOTP itself on your system.

The one constructive suggestion I can make is turning off any and all programs that could possibly be interfering with OOTP and the game's connection to the league servers and trying again. Also changing each of the league's settings to see if any of them work better than others, passive mode on/off for ftp, etc. Aslo double and triple checking with your league commish to make sure you have the "right" settings for the league.

Also, trying what Andreas suggests higher up in this thread, and attempting to connect with Filezilla.

I hate not to be able to have a better answer for you, but this is something that is realistically beyond our ability to fix and even any troubleshooting steps are limited to basically what I've suggested above, trial and error of turning third-party programs off and experimenting with the settings for the league. We'll try to see if we can come up with any other ideas though.

A refund is not a problem, given the circumstances, and we'll be willing to process that as soon as we can get to your ticket if you can't get things working and still want that.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-26-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

One league commish in the beta forums also mentioned this solving things for one of the folks in his league that had this issue, "I had this issue with a GM and then he had the issue in a few other leagues. Had to change all of my settings in the league ftp to "Passive; Secure FTP (TSL)" then provide him an updated accounts file."

However I believe this didn't work for byzeil, so it's not a foolproof solution, but still something worth trying.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:50 PM   #16
Doc16
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I heard about the "Passive; Secure FTP (TSL)" fix, and in my league, it didn't address the issue for the GM with the issue, and further, I became unable to export or download when I was testing the new settings. That setting only works if the FTP server hosting league files is configured for an SFTP connection. I noticed this issue being reported after the last patch that dropped for OOTP 20, and it seems to have carried over to OOTP 21. A colleague of mine indicated that the likely reason is related to ports that are being used by the game to open the FTP connection. Clearly something has changed respect to FTP protocols in the game, as this never used to happen, and I am quite confident the issue is not client side since the user that had the problem in my league was able to connect and send a file with FileZilla.

Lukas - can your team check the difference in the coding around the FTP from earlier versions of OOTP 20 to what it is now? It must have changed to allow this problem to now occur.
Doc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:51 PM   #17
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
One league commish in the beta forums also mentioned this solving things for one of the folks in his league that had this issue, "I had this issue with a GM and then he had the issue in a few other leagues. Had to change all of my settings in the league ftp to "Passive; Secure FTP (TSL)" then provide him an updated accounts file."

However I believe this didn't work for byzeil, so it's not a foolproof solution, but still something worth trying.
Correct, this didn't work (I am the commish for the two leagues not working for the OP). I have been working 2 days with Mike but my knowledge is very limited.

Basically what we are seeing from the FTP trace logs (posted above) is his connection specifically (all others are working) NOT failing to connect to the FTP server but not able to cd to the sub-directory.

A commish from another league has a GM having the same issue and he can connect via FileZilla and go to the appropriate folder so the issue seems to be specifically with the OOTP connection.

Did anything change with how OOTP connects vis FTP?

I think it is some sort of conflict on the sending PC because he does connect to the FTP server and everyone else is working but the conflict seems to have been caused with the installation of OOTP21 as he was fine until he installed 21.

Last edited by byzeil; 03-26-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:48 PM   #18
Doc16
Minors (Rookie Ball)

so I have been advised that those FTP trace logs re insufficient to learn anything meaningful. They pointed me to Wireshark, and my GM generated files for me from both Filezilla where it worked to compare with OOTP 21 where it fails. While I have not had a chance yet to analyze, if someone knows how to read these log files from Wireshark, I can share.As far as sending PC, the problem is actually more likely related to (a) the code in FTP initiating the FTP call, since it can dictate the ports to use when instantiating the FTP connection, or 2, ports in the router on the client side. The latter is less likely to what I again I was advised by networking folks at my employer due to fact that Filezilla worked where OOTP 21 fails. And since I can see clearly in both the FTP trace log from the OOTP 21 game and the Wireshark log that the connection was successful, I am quite confident that the issue is in however OOTP 21 is making that FTP connection. So that is in the game and not the sending PC itself.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #19
Doc16
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Lukas - did anyone alter the code around FTP connections in game for something related to your back end hosting for Perfect Team? That is my theory behind what has happened here, and I have to imagine that it should be easy enough to compare code from earlier OOTP 20 (not most recent patch, prior) and OOTP 21.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:59 PM   #20
Michael42371
Minors (Single A)

I had no issues with the game until I bought 21. My other online league in 20 works fine. How can 1 league work fine and the other not at all? NO VPN either. Shut the antivirus off. In my OOTP20 league when importing league file, I get the error message "COULD NOT Open FTP Export Directory". IN my OOTP21 league, I can import but when I export get the 203 error.

Last edited by Michael42371; 03-26-2020 at 09:22 PM.