Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 12-20-2019, 06:13 AM   #1
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Markus Heinsohn?

Hi Markus

So you have come on here today and basically said not a lot to be honest. I don't mean to be rude but do you not think while you were here you could have given us some kind of update as to how the game is progressing, after all it is christmas the time of good cheer etc ? Thank you!
Old 12-20-2019, 06:29 AM   #2
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
Hi Markus

So you have come on here today and basically said not a lot to be honest. I don't mean to be rude but do you not think while you were here you could have given us some kind of update as to how the game is progressing, after all it is christmas the time of good cheer etc ? Thank you!
Are you thick or just trolling?

What part of "Jim continues to work on FOF and gets help when he needs it." Didn't you understand?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2019, 06:43 AM   #3
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Are you thick or just trolling?

What part of "Jim continues to work on FOF and gets help when he needs it." Didn't you understand?

Shark did i ask you a question, no so why do you feel you are so important you can answer it?

Ben I have asked a polite question of Marcus, should i reply to Shark's name calling and being abusive and bring the forum down to his level, thanks?
Old 12-20-2019, 06:55 AM   #4
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Shark did i ask you a question, no so why do you feel you are so important you can answer it?

Ben I have asked a polite question of Marcus, should i reply to Shark's name calling and being abusive and bring the forum down to his level, thanks?
Yes, you are trolling, as usual, what a waste.

Old 12-20-2019, 12:51 PM   #5
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

He pretty much has a point. The statement from Markus after many many months of nothing is pretty poor and lacking in content.

"Jim continues to work on FOF and gets help when he needs it."

This is good to know but what is Jim working on?
What areas of the game has there been progress on?
Where is the project in terms of the development?

I'm sure Markus must know the answers to some of these questions as he must be in contact with Jim since FOF is now under the OOTP umbrella.

The lack of communication for months and months about this game is pretty poor PR and not really encouraging for potential customers. Personally I've already moved over to Wolverine Studios offering and I think I will stick with that.

Plus I'm not a troll just in case that gets suggested as I am a fan of OOTP products and have done testing and research for FHM

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Old 12-20-2019, 01:07 PM   #6
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

I am sorry but to come on here and say that they do not have a lot of resources to throw at it because they are small and have 4 other games going on is a poor response. No one made them buy/partner with FOF and no one made them make a statement that the game would then be out in 2018. So don't partner with FOF and then complain that you cannot help development.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #7
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

For the love of god, stop the whinning. It's a freakin video game. It will be out when it's released and not a day sooner. No amount of threads demanding information, complaining about Markus or complaining about this or that, will change that outcome. Until it comes out or the developers release any more information on the game why don't you find something more productive to do with your lives then repeatedly whine about a presently non-existant product. Who knows, maybe it never gets released, but either way ultimately it makes little to no difference in any of our lives. Stop making it seem like it's the end of the world because you feel you are entitlted to know informtation that they as developers do not feel like releasing at this point.

I am almost embarrassed to admit I never played any of the FOF games (I was content with OOTP, FHM, BBCF, PFS, FM and a number of other games and never got around to trying it) but all of you whinning and complaining are almost making me hate the entire FOF series.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:28 PM   #8
Scoman
All Star Starter

Looks like FOF is the new TBCB.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #9
Scoman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan View Post

I am almost embarrassed to admit I never played any of the FOF games (I was content with OOTP, FHM, BBCF, PFS, FM and a number of other games and never got around to trying it) but all of you whinning and complaining are almost making me hate the entire FOF series.
To bad they never made a BBCF 2.....that game was and is a classic.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:09 PM   #10
sirotka33
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan View Post
but all of you whinning and complaining are almost making me hate the entire FOF series.

the people that are in here complaining are not the ones who have played fof in the past.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:04 PM   #11
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirotka33 View Post
the people that are in here complaining are not the ones who have played fof in the past.
Sorry to disappoint you with this but actually I've played FOF a lot. It is probably the most comprehensive Football game I have ever played the only thing that was lacking in my opinion was the UI was very dated and needed some work. I was hoping by joining the OOTP stable that would be something they would be helping address.

I don't feel entitled to an update or more information as I say I have moved on to play another game in the meantime. I just think they should be telling people something more than "Jim is working on it"

I still hope to buy an OOTP FOF game some time in the future.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Old 12-20-2019, 05:09 PM   #12
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirotka33 View Post
Incorrect. I'm newer than most to the series, but have been playing it since 2014. UI and customization were things I was incredibly excited about when I read that this was coming.

The constant dismissing of people who voice any form of complaint from players or future players sucks. It's been said many times, but this game was originally announced to release a year ago, and communication has been awful almost 100% since. Then when we do get an update, it's to basically tell us to shut up. Wonderful.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:15 PM   #13
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I wouldn’t mind a FOF8 roster update to tie us over until next fall.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:10 PM   #14
ZootMurph
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

You didn't ask anyone a question. All you do is complain. I would honestly prefer you go play another game. DDSPF20 is a game I would not recommend. Go play it and leave the FOF community in peace.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:28 AM   #15
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
The constant dismissing of people who voice any form of complaint from players or future players sucks. It's been said many times, but this game was originally announced to release a year ago, and communication has been awful almost 100% since. Then when we do get an update, it's to basically tell us to shut up. Wonderful.
Markus didn't "basically tell you to shut up." He told us exactly what he's told us from the beginning which is "when we have an update, we'll let you know."

The reason you're getting dismissed is because they've been telling you the same thing over and over and over and over and over again and the same group keeps whining about the exact same things over and over and over again:

- communication is awful
- at my job, my boss would expect periodic updates
- this is terrible marketing
- it's been 80 years since it was announced
- OOTP doesn't care about our feelings

Jesus, we all heard you the last 532 times! Why is it so hard for you to comprehend? Like Tiger Fan said:

Quote:
No amount of threads demanding information, complaining about Markus or complaining about this or that, will change that outcome.
So what exactly are you trying to get out of this? How many threads like this need to keep being made before you finally accept what has been told to you all along? If you need an NFL simulation THAT BADLY then go play DDS! They've been pimping their game out on this forum a lot and would love your money! Competition is healthy, afterall, so now's your chance to get in on the ground floor and say you were a pioneer in shutting OOTP down.

So, by all means, go stick it to 'em; Buy DDS, never buy another OOTP game and just simply MOVE ON... because this petulant whining is flat-out ridiculous at this point and obviously getting you nowhere. No matter how many times you keep asking "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" they're going to keep telling you "No" until they've finally arrived.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:11 AM   #16
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootMurph View Post
You didn't ask anyone a question. All you do is complain. I would honestly prefer you go play another game. DDSPF20 is a game I would not recommend. Go play it and leave the FOF community in peace.

Read my first post slowly and maybe you will see the question there, if not go back to school!

Last edited by thefatcat; 12-21-2019 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:51 AM   #17
justformentouchofgray
Bat Boy

I swear if I don't get my hands on The Winds of Winter in the next two weeks I am going to blow a gasket. Where's the damn book George??

I know my opinion is worthless, and I am not owed anything. Still, the long period of silence between Jim's update in June, and the most recent one from Markus was off-putting for me. It reminded me of the silence before Michael Winter's OOTP football project ended.
They are busy, but I think a three word update every couple of weeks isn't too much to ask for. I think it would quell some of the more anxious forum members' (me included) fears.

I have been playing a lot of FOF7 these past few weeks and it really is a tremendous series. I know the next iteration is going to be great as well. But until it is released I don't really see the point of this forum. There clearly isn't much to be discussed here that won't divide the community.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:17 PM   #18
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Read my first post slowly and maybe you will see the question there, if not go back to school!
Thanks to trolls like you is exactly why we don't have more updates, if I was a developer trying to make a good game, I would HATE to be reading your constant annoying comments asking for the same thing.

If you need attention call an erotic line.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:19 PM   #19
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Thanks to trolls like you is exactly why we don't have more updates, if I was a developer trying to make a good game, I would HATE to be reading your constant annoying comments asking for the same thing.

If you need attention call an erotic line.

Your not a developer and no one cares what you think, if you don't like what i post then block me so you don't have to read it. Now run along mr internet hard man!
Old 12-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #20
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Your not a developer and no one cares what you think, if you don't like what i post then block me so you don't have to read it. Now run along mr internet hard man!
Good idea, blocked.