Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 09-04-2023, 10:51 AM   #1
willboat75
Minors (Double A)

Daniel Saline's USBL Quickstart + More

Links:

USBL: https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic...s-posted-2424/

Quickstart: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/f...UuZWwEE?lfhs=2

Following Daniel Saline's 2015 sportslogos.net post, I created his United States Baseball League in OOTP 24. Thank you to Golem64 for creating most of the uniforms and eriqjaffe for creating each team's stadium. Other thanks go out to whoever else's work I used in the process of making the save.

The overall quickstart includes the USBL with 85 years of history along with its four minor league levels, a fall development league, collegiate summer league, and two independent leagues for a well-rounded small universe.

The USBL starts in 1930 with six teams. I followed Daniel's histories for each team with only minor tweaks to fit OOTP (ex. never switching to three divisions so I could keep the All-Star Game).

Other than those few switches, the teams' expansion, relocation, and renaming history should remain faithful. The league's changes are documented in the evolution tab of the league history page.

Even though the league was created to highlight small markets, the early years were dominated by the Boston Masons (14), Chicago Wind Sox (12), and New York Knights (16) with only five of the league's first 37 Branson Cups going to other teams than those three. Although there is a bit of Original Six trickery going on here as the league didn't get to twelve teams until 1962.

The Seattle Captains (10), Colorado Kings (8), and Texas Lonestars (4) are the most successful expansion franchises. The Lonestars were the first non-original franchise to win the Branson Cup, doing so ten years after entering the league in 1963.

Colorado won four straight titles from 1978-81 and experienced a resurgence in 1996 and 1997. The 1990's were finally a decade of parity, with 7 of the ten title winners being unique, but 1999's Seattle Captains kickstarted a dynasty in which the club made the playoffs 11 times in 12 years from 1999-2010, winning 7 titles.

Arizona Sidewinder Ross Alvillar got the perfect circumstances: has a park like Coors, a juiced era, and 75-grade power. He hit 83 homers and a 1.295 OPS in his 2001 rookie season. He sits second on the all-time homer list with 710 through his age-36 season.

I attached New Mexico Sun Jim Martinelli's career stats. He's the all-time homer king standing at 774 bombs. He played in a similar homer friendly environment in Albuquerque, but he was definitely a better hitter than Alvillar overall. He hit 84 homers in 1987 for the league single-season record. He also won five Triple Crowns in his career, with four coming between 1983-87.

The original franchise Iowa Dusters have won three of the last five titles, but the Nashville Blues just won their first title (and 108 games) in franchise history in 2015.

The save file starts in the 2015 offseason. Below, I've attached a photo of the USBL standings. This is the year that four new teams will enter the league: Brooklyn, Philadelphia, San Antonio, and St. Paul; bringing the total number to 24 franchises.

You could live within this league in a bunch of ways, but let me give you a few suggestions. I am going to take control of the South Bend-based Indiana Tribe. They just fired their GM, have the second-lowest budget in the league, and haven't won a title since their second in 1991. They also have a good young core.

The Boston Masons have been to the playoffs only three times in the last 40 years, and haven't won a title since 1982. Despite this fact, and a last place finish in 2015, their budget and fan support is enormous. You also get Ross Alvillar under contract for two more years to get him to 775 homers! Bring them back to glory and win three more chips to outpace New York.

Finally, you could take control of any of the four expansion teams. I think I love the St. Paul Loons' set the most, so they would be my pick to control.

In any event, I hope you enjoy!
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by willboat75; 09-04-2023 at 10:52 AM.
willboat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 06:05 PM   #2
Cod
All Star Reserve

Thanks for sharing! Will give this a try later this week.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 10:33 AM   #3
No Pepper
All Star Starter

I had mentioned in the forums a while ago that I had intensions as doing the same as you have here. I'm super glad you actually took hold of the reigns and finished the race. Life got in the way over on my end, but who cares, thank you!!!
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 01:10 PM   #4
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for doing this!
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 09:06 PM   #5
joshmorgan37
Bat Boy

I tried extracting the google drive file to my quickstart folder but got error messages of corrupted files and trouble loading the world file. Any idea what I might have done wrong?
joshmorgan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 12:18 AM   #6
Cod
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmorgan37 View Post
I tried extracting the google drive file to my quickstart folder but got error messages of corrupted files and trouble loading the world file. Any idea what I might have done wrong?
Recommend re-downloading the file. I didn't have any issues extracting, dropping into the quickstarts folder, and starting a save.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 07:13 PM   #7
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Cool to see this! I've used so many of these logo sets over the years in fictional leagues...
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote