Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 07-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Anderson Utilities 2006 - AUContract

Here is a program I wrote this morning to display the contracts and showing what pick they were in the draft.

Here is a sample page created with it:

http://www.sim2005.com/au_contract.htm

Here is the Application:

http://www.sim2005.com/AUContract/publish.htm

NOTE: You need to do a CSV dump for the league first and you must have MS Framework 2.0 installed.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:00 PM   #2
sboehler
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
Here is a program I wrote this morning to display the contracts and showing what pick they were in the draft.

Here is a sample page created with it:

http://www.sim2005.com/au_contract.htm

Here is the Application:

http://www.sim2005.com/AUContract/publish.htm

NOTE: You need to do a CSV dump for the league first and you must have MS Framework 2.0 installed.
How do you download? I have all of the required files, but it says it cannot download..
sboehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Just click on the application link shown above.

Make sure you are using IE and have MS Framework installed.

Please paste a screen shot of what happens when you run it.

BTW, I have updated it around 10pm with tons of new stuff.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
glenn
Major Leagues

Very nice. Your giving me a reason to use IE.

One little thing I noticed is that players such with names like José will display as Jos, or Mário as Mrio. Verified the CSV file is coming over correctly.
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:31 PM   #5
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn
Very nice. Your giving me a reason to use IE.

One little thing I noticed is that players such with names like José will display as Jos, or Mário as Mrio. Verified the CSV file is coming over correctly.
Yeah, I noticed that earlier.

It is those funky characters, I will have to figure out why it it not pulling the correct name it.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #6
sboehler
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
Just click on the application link shown above.

Make sure you are using IE and have MS Framework installed.

Please paste a screen shot of what happens when you run it.

BTW, I have updated it around 10pm with tons of new stuff.
I wasn't using IE...All is good..Thanks!
sboehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:20 PM   #7
fantom1979
Hall Of Famer

Looks great, thank you

fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:49 PM   #8
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Can you add VORP to the output?

Proposed:
$21,545,000 Victorio Delgoido - Drafted in round 3, pick 1 (2009) 30 years old [Centerfield], 108.3 VORP

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=3547

That's what I want to be able to do.

Last edited by Raidergoo; 07-25-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #9
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo
Can you add VORP to the output?

Proposed:
$21,545,000 Victorio Delgoido - Drafted in round 3, pick 1 (2009) 30 years old [Centerfield], 108.3 VORP

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=3547

That's what I want to be able to do.
I have looked into this. All the information now is being pulled from the players.cvs file, this would require a pull from another file, one for pitchers and one for hitters. But I will see what I can do.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #10
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

I would be grateful for this, or something that could be the basis of graphs like the Baseball Prospectus I linked to.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:03 PM   #11
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

VORP is now added...

Also, you may run this program from the start menu.

I will adding a pull down, so you can select what you want to display in this report.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #12
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

You may now specify what you additional field you want displayed:

i.e. vorp, homeruns, etc.

Status windows shows you progress at bottom of screen.

Splash screen added

Now runs off your start menu and checks for updates.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #13
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Update on AUContract...

I discovered that it did not work correctly during certain parts of the season.

So, I have made a MAJOR change to the program.

It now displays a in-program grid, with players name, age, draft round, pick and all his stats and his salary.

Each field is sortable. Some very cool stuff.

For now, it just displays the batters table, I will do the pitchers table next. The HTML is untouched, same as before. The HTML page is always correct, but the additional information I added (vorp), is only correct if you run during the off season. I will fix that.

But go ahead and check it out now, it shows some pretty cool stuff.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #14
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Would it be possible to get it to list the year first signed for leagues that don't use drafts?

I'm not sure if the dump lists this in any form, though.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #15
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Is there anyway to get all these little programs you've written in some sort of suite?

It seems there's a new one every day and keeping them all separate means a LOT of different programs.

Maybe just an overlord program that will let you toggle the ones you want to run and run all of them at the same time?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #16
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos
Would it be possible to get it to list the year first signed for leagues that don't use drafts?

I'm not sure if the dump lists this in any form, though.
Yep, I can add that...
Old 08-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #17
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol
Is there anyway to get all these little programs you've written in some sort of suite?

It seems there's a new one every day and keeping them all separate means a LOT of different programs.

Maybe just an overlord program that will let you toggle the ones you want to run and run all of them at the same time?
I am more of a jeans and t-shirt man.

However, I do plan on releasing a collection type, but I am still a few programs away from that.

I made the decision to make the programs different programs instead of one big one and I think it is better. Quicker program, loads faster, more memory available, etc...
Old 08-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #18
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

I understand, but to run them all, you're jumping in and out of programs, I'd think.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:58 PM   #19
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol
I understand, but to run them all, you're jumping in and out of programs, I'd think.
Yes, this is the bad part of the program. But, I think I may be able to link the programs together, so you can launch one program from another.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:41 AM   #20
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

OK,

I did several builds tonight and added a ton of stuff.

There are still a couple batting fields I want to add and I am thinking of adding the player's ratings.

Then I will move on to the pitchers. Once that is done, I will allow you to do a CSV dump of the files. I will also re-do the HTML page to include the exact same information in sortable tables. (Quite a chore)

A couple issues:

Major: If you run the program on a league that is between January 1st and opening day, the program will act like it locks up. It is not locked up, it is just not finding any data because everyone officially has no at bats at this point.

The problem. I cannot find a way to determing the date of the league. I am using some trickery to get the year, but I can't find where the date is stored, if anywhere in the dumps. I have requested this information.

Solution 1: Without the date, I do have a plan that may work. I am getting the year from the GAMES file, where it lists the schedule. I check for the 1st game and pull the year out of there. I guess I can check to see if that game has been played, and if it has not, then I will assume it is before the season has started. I will then displays last year stats.

Solution 2: If you notice next to the drop down menus, you will see the year. I could change that to be editable and it would use that. This would do the same thing, but it would allow you to display this grid based on the year you put in there. However, the salary information, ratings, etc., would all be based on their current numbers.

That could be very handy if it is in April or early in the season when there are not stats to use.

Minor Problem: I have not got the layout fine tuned yet. It first displays the fields a little wide, but once you click on a field to sort by, it shortens them, but some are too short. However, I have added tool tips to every field. So, you can place the cursor over any field to see what it is.

Minor Problem: The program is designed to look nice in 1024. Making everything autosize is a pain in the ass. Maybe later on. However, on the plus side, when the data view is up there, it should be taking advantage of your whole screen, even with dual monitors. (Let me know on that)

Minor Problem: The sorts default to accending, instead of decending. Of course, clicking it the second time will sort it the other way. I just have not looked into this yet.

Stuff you can do:

You can drag the fields around. For instance, you could drag the HR field right next to the salary field. It does not remember this if you exit the program and run it again.

You can edit any records, but nothing is saved back. I dunno why I left that on.

You can delete any records. Just click to the left of the players name and hit the delete key. You can use standard windows selecting to select more than one column. This is handy if you wanted to, well, delete players. The records are not deleted anywhere, except for in the grid. This could come in handy for the dump.

I also want to add the ability to delete columns and also customize and save the layout. Not sure if this will be possible.

I also want to change some of the fields to drop down menus that filter. So, you could just have all of the catchers displayed. Or just the people from a certain team or teams. I think this can be done, just not easy.

Maybe even add some other filters, like at bats, etc.

As you can see, when I start something, It really turns into something.

Keep the suggestions and the praise coming in. It is like a bunch of cheerleaders, except they are not hot and wearing short skirts with nice pom poms.