Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 08-13-2006, 11:07 PM   #21
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I am a busy beaver.

I added the ability to select what fields you want to hide and it remembers it.

BEFORE you hit the HOF button, look under tweaks and either select hitter or pitchers.

You will be displayed two boxes, one on the left contains all of the fields. Some of these fields are already hidden. You can click on any of the fields to add it to the list on the right. When you are happy with the list, hit the SAVE button and it will save it.

Repeat for the pitchers or hitters.

Now, when you hit the history button, it will not show the fields that you have added to this list. You can go in and remove or add to the list at anytime.

You can also restore the list to the default.

How does this magic work? Simple. It just creates two files, pfield.ini and hfield.ini. When you hit the history button, it still loads in all of the fields, it just hides the ones you want hidden.

NOTE: Do not hide the HOF points column, as terrible things could happen.

You can still manually hide any columns by sorting, then right clicking on the field.

The hidden fields are still figured in the HOF points calculation.

NEXT: I will still add more tweaks to the pitching and the hitting and then work on the point tweaking ability.

This program came out better than I thought it would. Sure, it takes a few seconds to load a large league, really, not that long, considering how much data it is loading, but it gives you some nice stuff to read while it does it. I like the way the progress bar goes back and forth and also how it is keeping you informed on it's progress with the status line.

I wanted to put in a progress bar to show when it was loading the players names, but at that point, I do not know how many players there were, so I can't do that.

You may notice that when loading the players stats, that it speeds up and slows down. It is loading from the top of the file, so the players in the top of the file have more years to load, so it takes a few more mille-blinks to load them. As you get close to the bottom of the file, it loads them quicker, because of less years to load.

I originally had it flashing the players name, but it was a blur and slowed down the loading, so I deleted it. I also had it displaying stuff like, MVP winners, etc., but it was on the screen for such a limited time time, you did not have time to read it.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:22 AM   #22
dougaiton
Hall Of Famer

Larry - this utility looks as super as all your others, but I'm having trouble getting it to import. It seems to run fine, but then gives no output - just a blank line. Any ideas? I've done a csv export and repeated it, plus the csv export works for your other programs.
dougaiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:31 AM   #23
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougaiton
Larry - this utility looks as super as all your others, but I'm having trouble getting it to import. It seems to run fine, but then gives no output - just a blank line. Any ideas? I've done a csv export and repeated it, plus the csv export works for your other programs.
How old is your league? If it is just a 1 or 2 year league, it won't display anything, since the do not have enough at bats.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #24
dougaiton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
How old is your league? If it is just a 1 or 2 year league, it won't display anything, since the do not have enough at bats.
Gotcha - that's exactly the problem! Thanks for the info!
dougaiton is offline   Reply With Quote