Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 05-04-2022, 08:43 PM   #1
G-Force
All Star Starter

Deleting Logos From Real Stadiums

Hi,

Was curious what I need to do in order to delete logos that are on the field or elsewhere in a stadium if I want to use that stadium for my fictional league (i.e. deleting all Mets logos from a Citi Field model).

Thanks!

GH

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:11 PM   #2
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Check in the 3D Models forum for more information on editing stadium files.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:35 AM   #3
allfath3r
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
Check in the 3D Models forum for more information on editing stadium files.
With respect, this isn't a very helpful response if you don't already know where to look. I've poked around the 3D Models forum but haven't been able to find an answer to this question. Can you provide a link to a thread that might help?
allfath3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:37 PM   #4
micropterus58
All Star Starter

There is no definitive solution. Some stadiums have a textures folder. You can edit an image but keep the file names the same (unless you know what you are doing) and keep the new image within the borders of the old image. Sometimes you have to reposition the image. Many on field logos are part of the 3D model and that would require editing in Sketch Up. You should rename the stadium folder so that it is different than the original Citi Field so files can't get overwritten after patches.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:42 AM   #5
G-Force
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
There is no definitive solution. Some stadiums have a textures folder. You can edit an image but keep the file names the same (unless you know what you are doing) and keep the new image within the borders of the old image. Sometimes you have to reposition the image. Many on field logos are part of the 3D model and that would require editing in Sketch Up. You should rename the stadium folder so that it is different than the original Citi Field so files can't get overwritten after patches.
Got it...I had found the folder. I was looking to remove a "K" logo for the Knights the field was originally created for from behind the plate to use for a team in my league, but I didn't see the K image itself. So your explanation makes sense that it's already embedded in the image, it just didn't show up in the thumbnail. I suck at graphics stuff but will mess with it and see what I can do with it.

Appreciate the reply!

GH

Check out my Dynasty Threads

The Alltime Hockey Association
The Alltime Baseball League
Austin James: Playing For His Life (a Vietnam-era baseball drama)
The Pastime Boxing Association
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 07:53 PM   #6
MikeS369
All Star Reserve

I realize this is an old thread but having recently done what the OP is talking about there's a few things I can add.

On field logos, the one behind home plate, are all removable. Some are in the Alphablend files, some are in the Ground files and some are in both files.

There are a few stadiums that have logos that are part of the models. Minute Maid Park with the big "Minute Maid Park" logo in center field just under the roof. Colorado Field with the sign logo in left/centerfield with the mountains on it. The Miller Park logo in centerfield of Miller Park and I'm not certain but I think the American Family Field Logo in centerfield is part of the model.

For Minute Maid Park I simply named the Stadium Comanche Field at Minute Maid Park. Everything but that texture is modable.

The following stadiums are completely modable.

Angel Stadium of Anaheim
Busch Stadium
Chase Field
Citizens Bank Park
Comerica Park
Dodger Stadium
Fenway Park
Globe Life Field
Great American Ballpark
Guaranteed Rate Field
Nationals Park
Oakland Coliseum
Oracle Park
Oriole Park at Camden Yard
Petco Park
Progressive Field
Target Field
Truists Park
Wrigley Field
Yankee Stadium

Stadiums I haven't tried to mod yet.

Citi Field
Kauffman Stadium
Marlins Park
PNC Park
Rogers Center
T Mobile Park
Tropicana Field

You also NEED to change the name of the stadium you are modding and any file that uses the name of the stadium in its file name. If you don't, you will end up overwriting the original files.

What you need to do is create your league folder in the "models" folder. Insider your league folder you need to create folders for each stadium you are creating giving the folder the name of your stadium. Then you need to copy all the files for the original stadium in both the "ballparks" folder and the "models" folder and paste them into your stadium folder. There's more but I don't want to drag this out. But If you don't know what you are doing, you can screw things up.

Last edited by MikeS369; 12-31-2022 at 07:55 PM.
MikeS369 is offline   Reply With Quote