Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 12-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

1983 Fantasy Draft. Constructing a White Rat team in San Diego

I chose 1983 because it is the year my friends and I 'invented' a dice baseball game.

The main goal is to test the viability of a speed-dominated team, as time in-game progresses from the early '80s towards the impending steroid era.

It is also to test a theory I have that OPS is a wildly over-utilized statistic that unfairly de-emphasizes the effects speed has in baseball.

I have, I believe (I've looked on sabremetric sites and haven't seen anything quite like it, but I could have easily just missed that the stat already exists), created an equation that incorporates speed into the OPS equation in a way that does not de-emphasize power but also does not ignore speed.

Basically, it is a variation of OBP (H+BB+HBP-CS-GDP)/PA added to a variation of SLG (TB+SB)/PA. The result is 'like' OPS, factoring in speed. Call it OPSSB, or OPS+Speed, I dunno.

I have long been of the opinion that a walk followed by stealing 2nd base is the same as a double, and should be recognized as such.

Anyway, that is the basis for building a 'white rat' team.

I will start with an overview of how the draft went, in the next post.
"When I got out of the cab, I had the best moment of my baseball career, because right in front of the stadium was a statue of me! It was a big surprise. It wasn't like I was an All-Star. There were a couple of mistakes: The statue was me batting left-handed, and I hit right-handed, and they got the number wrong. The statue was #7, and of course I wore #9 when I played with the Cards. No big deal, I think they got a deal on the statue. It was by some guy named "Stan the Man"---Bob Uecker

Last edited by Augetout; 12-18-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Augetout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

The only tinkering I did with the draft, was to give myself the first draft pick. The rest of the draft is a normal serpentine draft.

In round 1, I chose Rickey Henderson, for obvious reasons.

By the time my 2nd round pick arrived, 3 notable players I had hopes to acquire were already gone, (Wade Boggs, Paul Molitor, Tim Raines).

My 2nd round pick was Dave Stieb, followed immediately by my 3rd round pick of Ozzie Smith (picked far too early, but anchoring SS for a decade, with speed).

Given my draft strategy, not many players I was targeting disappeared in the 3rd and 4th rounds, (SP Charlie Hough went in the 3rd, but plenty of good pitching remains, and in all truth targeting Hough was more about a nod to the original dice game we 'invented' in 1983 than anything else).

My 4th round pick was 1b Cecil Cooper. By drafting Cooper I acquired my goal of having 1 legitimate 3/4/5 hitter. Drafting Cooper required making a mental note to acquire a 1b prospect in the later rounds, as Cooper's performance drops sharply in the next 3-4 years.

In the 5th round, I chose rookie candidate Tony Gwynn, for his potential high BA, along with having good speed for the early part of his career.
"When I got out of the cab, I had the best moment of my baseball career, because right in front of the stadium was a statue of me! It was a big surprise. It wasn't like I was an All-Star. There were a couple of mistakes: The statue was me batting left-handed, and I hit right-handed, and they got the number wrong. The statue was #7, and of course I wore #9 when I played with the Cards. No big deal, I think they got a deal on the statue. It was by some guy named "Stan the Man"---Bob Uecker
Old 12-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

In the 6th round, a lot of good pitching had been drafted, so another mental note to make sure to load up on prospects later on in order to have some chance at tinkering with my pitching staff via trade, if the need arose. Thus, I chose CF Willie McGee, coming off his 1982 rookie campaign, with lots of speed.

For the start of the 7th, I chose SP Sid Fernandez (like I said, there had been a run on good pitching so I just grabbed highest potential available).

The run on pitchers subsided a bit, thankfully, but the remaining pitchers forced me to stay on a 'highest potential' available tack, thus for my 8th round pick, I chose minor league SP Orel Hershiser.

For my 9th round pick, I continued trying to catch up on pitchers, by choosing SP Buddy Black.

With most of the true leadoff hitters gone far earlier, for my 10th round pick I was able to continue drafting pitching, and selected SP Andy Hawkins.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:34 PM   #4
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

During a fantasy draft, I choose NOT to evaluate what other teams are taking and/or in need of, for fear that too much knowledge will make the task of building a team too easy and thus boring. I will look at trends, (like noticing a run on pitchers, etc), and will adjust accordingly, but that's as far as I allow myself to go.

Following my 10th round pick of Andy Hawkins, it became apparent that my starting rotation was simply not going to be anything resembling dominant for the first couple of seasons, at least, thus I chose Reliever Rich Gossage for my 11th round pick. Probably a round or 2 early given the trends, but necessary so as not to get caught out in the 50+ picks until my next pick.

For the 12th round, I continued to shore up my bullpen, drafting the young left-hander, Jessi Orosco.

In the 12th round, some teams had started choosing catchers, and given that part of the equation in building a speed team is to make sure the other teams aren't afforded the opportunity to have the best chance at stopping us, I drafted rookie catcher Mike Scioscia to start the 13th round.

For the 14th round, I went back to building my bullpen, and chose lefty Al Holland.

My next pick, to start the 15th round, was 3b Howard Johnson. I had missed that the 3rd base population was being drained quickly, and chose HoJo, making yet another mental note that trading for Molitor was now a necessity as opposed to a luxury.

So, after 15 rounds, I had:

C Mike Scioscia
1B Cecil Cooper
2B
SS Ozzie Smith
3B Howard Johnson
LF Rickey Henderson
CF Willie McGee
RF Tony Gwynn

SP Dave Stieb
SP Sid Fernandez (probably going to the minors)
SP Buddy Black
SP Andy Hawkins
SP Orel Hershiser (definitely going to the minors)

RP Goose Gossage
RP Jessie Orosco
RP Al Holland

Not a great start, but workable.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

By the time my 16th pick arrived, I really only needed a 2B to fill out my starting lineup. That, and having 2 consecutive picks (perk of being at the beginning or end of a serpentine draft), made it so I chose RP Luis DeLeon with my 16th pick, and followed it up by choosing Alan Wiggins, another speed demon, to play 2nd base for me, in the 17th.

At the bottom of the 18th round, I went bullpen again, taking Larry Anderson.

For the 19th round, I almost went with another RP, but I noticed Catcher Bob Boone was still available, so in the interest of denying a great defensive catcher to the other teams, I chose Boone, planning (now) to platoon him with Scioscia.

In the 20th, I went back to bullpen-building, and chose Lefty Dan Plesac (planning on him going to the minors).
Old 12-18-2018, 03:46 PM   #6
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

I should point out that when doing a fantasy draft, I also try to keep the payroll down. My equations may be different than some of the sabremetrics guys, but in the end I want to win the most games without spending the most, (or anywhere near), $$.

For my 21st pick, I again went prospect, choosing SP Juan Nieves.

In the 22nd, I had to acquire that 1B prospect, or run the risk of having to repeat the actual Brewers' mistake of replacing Cooper with Billy Joe Robideaux... Thus I chose minor league 1B Fred McGriff

I followed that pick by beginning to shore up my bench, choosing rookie utility guy Otis Nixon, in the 23rd round.

From the 24th round onwards, I chose best prospect available, to build my minor league system, and stock my war chest with tradeable players.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #7
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Once the draft was finished, I immediately set about addressing the holes in my team.

The first trade I made was tough to get done, but useful.

I traded HoJo, a 17 year old Ruben Sierra, and a 20 year old Robby Thompson to the Orioles, receiving 3B Gary Gaetti, a 1st round pick in next year's draft, and $75,000 in cash in return.

I did not plan on keeping Gaetti, but if forced to I still preferred him over HoJo.

I then traded prospects Jose Canseco, Kelly Gruber, and a 3rd round pick to the Texas Rangers for SP John Tudor, a 2nd round pick, and $152,000 in cash. Overpaying for Tudor was a necessity, and Canseco was drafted specifically to be dealt, so it made sense to me.

Not being done yet, I traded prospect Cecil Fielder to the Texas Rangers for SP Jack Morris, and a 4th round pick.

On the same day, I traded Gaetti, prospect Kevin Mitchell, and prospect Greg Gagne to the California Angels for Molitor, a 1st round pick, and $190,000 in cash.

I had figured that by the time I tired of drafting manually, (this time I made it to the 56th round before allowing the AI to finish), the AI would do its normal thing of drafting a couple of aging vets to fill my roster, among them being (normally) a couple of relievers. Well, the AI didn't do that this time, thus I was still a bit short in the bullpen, and so I sent a 10th round pick to the Orioles for minor league RP Cecilio Guante.

I left the team alone for the first couple of weeks of April, but I needed to trade for Charlie Hough, or risk bad karma. The problem was, Cleveland wasn't all that interested in parting with him, so the price was steep: Starting pitchers Sid Fernandez, and Buddy Black, plus outfielder Miguel Dilone, minor leaguers Greg Tabor and Mariano Duncan were sent to the Indians. In return I received SP Charlie Hough and minor league outfielder Milt Thompson, along with a 1st round pick, and $200k in cash.

Thus the team was built/finished for now.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:09 PM   #8
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

So after all that work was done, the San Diego Padres roster looks like this:

C M. Scioscia
C B. Boone
1B C. Cooper
2B A. Wiggins
SS O. Smith
3B P. Molitor
LF R. Henderson
CF W. McGee
RF T. Gwynn

SP D. Stieb
SP C. Hough
SP J. Morris
SP J. Tudor
SP A. Hawkins

MR L. Anderson
MR C. Guante
MR L. DeLeon

Setup A. Holland
Setup J. Orosco

Closer R. Gossage

MI E. Romero
UT G. Pettis
UT O. Nixon
OF M. Thompson
OF T. Bosley
Old 12-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #9
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

So, I'm pleased with the roster, despite being aware of how thin I am depth-wise. Injuries to key players will put a monkey wrench into the works quickly.

At Catcher, I have 2 really good defensive catchers, who will bat in the 6 spot in their platoon.

At 1B, Cecil Cooper will be an All-Star caliber player for another couple of seasons, before his bat slows down and he begins seeing his performance slide, quickly.

At 2B, Alan Wiggins will win no gold gloves, and is only going to last for 3ish seasons at best, but his speed is elite.

At SS, Ozzie Smith. He'll win gold gloves for a decade to come, his batting will go from woeful to adequate, and he will steal his share of bases.

At 3B, Molitor is just starting to come into his prime. He won't be able to play 3B for too many more years, but we'll cross that bridge later.

In leftfield, I have perhaps the best leadoff hitter in history. I'm not sure how long the game will allow me to keep him under contract, but good for getting on base and causing havoc on the basepaths for well over a decade to come.

In centerfield, Willie McGee is just coming off a rookie season, and will get better as time goes by. In the meantime, he too will cause problems for opposing teams on the basepaths.

In rightfield, Tony Gwynn is going to be a high average hitter, while stealing a few bases here and there.

The starting rotation is set for a few years, as is the bullpen.

One of the goals will be to steal an unholy amount of bases. Imagine how things will go if everyone performs at least to an average standard? Wiggins could steal 70+ bases. Ozzie Smith is good for 40ish, as is Molitor. That's 150 steals thus far, and we haven't even gotten to Rickey Henderson (100), Willie McGee (40ish), and Tony Gwynn (30ish) yet. This team could break the modern record of 347, set in 1911....
Old 12-18-2018, 04:24 PM   #10
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Typical lineup against right handed pitching:

1. LF R. Henderson
2. 3B P. Molitor
3. RF T. Gwynn
4. 1B C. Cooper
5. CF W. McGee
6. C M. Scioscia
7. 2B A. Wiggins
8. SS O. Smith
9. Pitcher

Plop Boone in at 6 and it's the lineup (currently) against lefthanders.

Preseason predictions says I should win 92 games. Hmm, we'll see about that. (the prediction pre-dates me shoring up my starting rotation)
Old 12-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #11
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

One of the cool things about this drafted team, is that 1983 will be the worst year this team will have for years to come----and we still might have something to say about the NL West.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:38 PM   #12
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Some (fun) tidbits regarding the OPSSB stat:

In W. Boggs' best season (or at the very worst one of his very best), hit OPSSB was .835.

In Pete Rose's MVP 1973 season, his OPSSB was .781

Ichiro's 2001 season, his OPSSB was .860

The stat does not punish power, though. To wit, Ted Williams career OPSSB, despite stealing a mere 24 bases in his career, was the best I've found so far for a career .961 (Babe Ruth's career numbers miss GDPs during most of his career, thus I haven't done his career numbers).

Willie Mays' lifetime OPSSB was .868 beating Hank Aaron's lifetime tally of .854

Is anyone else sick of seeing highlights of the '88 Dodgers, with constant references to Gibson's 'miracle' HR? I sure am, but in all honesty, that the Dodgers won a World Series with an OPSSB of .635, scoring all of 628 runs on the year, is pretty miraculous.

The 2018 Dodgers had a record payroll, and hit an AL like number of HRs, but over the course of a season only scored 57 more runs than the slap-hitting '85 Cardinals...
Old 12-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #13
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augetout View Post
I have, I believe (I've looked on sabremetric sites and haven't seen anything quite like it, but I could have easily just missed that the stat already exists), created an equation that incorporates speed into the OPS equation in a way that does not de-emphasize power but also does not ignore speed.

Basically, it is a variation of OBP (H+BB+HBP-CS-GDP)/PA added to a variation of SLG (TB+SB)/PA. The result is 'like' OPS, factoring in speed. Call it OPSSB, or OPS+Speed, I dunno.
i really like your concept of including speed into OPS. i wish MLB kept track on how many times players Reached on Errors (ROE). Those should really be added into a players OBP. That is another place where speed (and hustle) comes into play. Plus, it gives a little more credit for players that put the ball in play versus high SO guys.

And good luck in your dynasty. i'm a big speed guy, too.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE

Last edited by Dark Horse; 12-18-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:50 AM   #14
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

I appreciate your remarks. The reached on errors thing would be interesting to take a look at, to be sure. I'm old enough to remember the days when Willie Wilson (and others) were a tough out on a routine grounder to the shortstop.

Back in the day, a friend of mine and I would go to the occasional strat-o-matic baseball tournament, and that is when we really started to explore the what ifs involved in building speed dominated teams.

I remember on one occasion, (playing with 1992 cards if memory serves), when our team was down by 3 in the bottom of the 9th. Leadoff guy singled on an 'x' (strat-o-matic's way of handling differences in fielding abilities). In that game, being cards and dice, you had to ask the other player if he was planning on 'holding' your runner, as it (like ootp) changed stealing success percentages. Additionally, once a lead was established and you announced a steal attempt, you had to ask if the other player was going to throw the ball, (some really good offensive catchers were, at that time, pretty poor defensive players).

Anyway, leadoff guy singles on an X, steals 2nd and takes 3rd on the throw. Next guy singles, driving in the 1st run, leaving the deficit at 2 runs. Another stolen base attempt, this time no throwing error, so runner at 2nd nobody out. Next guy singles with 2 stars, (2 stars=runners advancing 2 bases), driving in runner number 2.

Now, we have a runner at 1st and still 0 outs. I steal 2nd again. At this point the other player's blood pressure starts to boil. The next hitter is our cleanup hitter, and thanks to a double switch light-hitting Otis Nixon is on deck, so our agitated opponent puts the go ahead run via intentional walk. With Otis Nixon up, with runners at 1st and 2nd, Nixon hits an 'x' grounder to the shortstop who is on the field for his offense, i.e. isn't great defensively, thus instead of a 6-4-3 double play, it's a FC, leaving the tying run at 3rd, and the go ahead runner at 1st, with 1 out.

The next batter hit a sac fly, tying the game, with Nixon as the go ahead run still at first.

With 2 outs, Nixon steals 2nd. I then announce that Nixon will steal 3rd, and asked the other player if he was going to throw to 3rd, (I assumed he wouldn't, given there were 2 outs and light-hitting Ozzie Smith at the plate). He said he would throw. My friend interjected, and asked if he was sure, as a throwing error would allow the winning run to score. Our opponent insisted, and his catcher (Mike Piazza) threw it into left, allowing Nixon to score the winning run.

I relate the story for 2 reasons: It was a blast when it happened, and to emphasize how disruptive speed on the basepaths can be. Anytime one has to rush to do something, the risk of mistakes increases. This is true whether the task is changing the oil on a car, or trying to throw out a speedy runner.

It is my opinion, and I hope the OPSSB stat, once fully explored will show it to be true, that speed is woefully underrated in today's MLB. So much so that Taco Bell can run a promotion during the World Series offering free tacos IF someone steals a base.

Some of the 'feared' hitters of today seem to me to be warmed over versions of very average players. I have nothing against Bryce Harper, but here's a guy who has hit under .250 2 out of the last 3 years who will most likely break the bank of whichever team ends up 'winning' the bidding war for his services.

.249 with 34 doubles and 34 HRs is going to be worth a contract somewhere north of 300 million dollars?

Somewhere Dave Kingman is lamenting being born too soon, as his (at the time mediocre) lifetime average (per 162 games) of 20 doubles and 37 HRs with a .236 average would surely be worth almost as much...
Old 12-19-2018, 03:03 AM   #15
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Again, nothing against Bryce Harper, but would this guy even start on the 1979 Red Sox? Would anyone bench Jim Rice, or Freddy Lynn, or Dewey Evans, so that they too could have the honor of having Bryce Harper strike out 169 times on the way to 34HRs?

lol I'm getting off topic, but not by much. Bryce Harper is a symptom of the over-emphasis on OPS, and the de-emphasizing of speed, in MLB. His .900 lifetime OPS is a gaudy stat. I just don't think it comes close to telling anything resembling the whole story on a player's worth to a team.

It is the equivalent of a situation on the pitcher's side that hasn't happened yet to my knowledge, but could, if WHIP became THE stat to judge pitchers by. A pitcher could give up a HR every inning they pitch, and have a WHIP of 1.00

This OPS obsession has players gaming the game, rather than playing properly.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #16
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Because I didn’t think to do a dynasty report right away, I’ll catch everyone up to May 7th relatively quickly, as that is where the team sits at the moment.

Through May 6th, 1983, these Padres are 22-6, in first place by 6 games, and playing some really good baseball.

6-3 in 1 run games
5-3 vs. left-handed SP
17-3 vs. right-handed SP
We went 17-6 in April, and are 5-0 in May thus far.

The team is batting .276 thus far, good for best in the N.L., with a 2nd best OBP of .337. These Padres have scored 136 runs thus far, (4.85 runs per game). Thus far, we have been an absolute terror on the basepaths, stealing 82 bases.

The pitching has done well thus far, with a best in the NL 2.67 ERA. Fun stat: We’ve stolen more bases, (82), than the opposing team has scored against us (81).

The primary lineup is doing pretty well thus far:

1. R. Henderson is hitting .316 and has stolen 24 bases thus far
2. P. Molitor is hitting .306 and has stolen 11 bases thus far
3. T. Gwynn has been tearing it up, hitting .393
4. C. Cooper has been solid, hitting .313 with 20 RBI
5. W. McGee is scuffling a bit, hitting .245, but has stolen 9 bases
6. M. Scioscia is hitting a decent .269 with 3 HR in a platoon role
7. A. Wiggins is struggling, hitting .196 but when on has stolen 14 bases
8. O. Smith is doing O. Smith things, hitting .224, with 7 stolen bases

The starting rotation has been solid for the most part:

1. D. Stieb is 5-1 with a 2.94 ERA
2. C. Hough is 3-2 with a 3.04 ERA
3. J. Morris was NL Pitcher of the month of April, and is 6-0 with a 1.72 ERA
4. J. Tudor is scuffling, 1-4 with a 4.85 ERA
5. A. Hawkins is over-performing, 3-1 with a 2.42 ERA

In the bullpen, these Padres have shined;

Goose Gossage has 9 Saves thus far, and has blown 1 save (which he received the win for, as we scored the winning run in the bottom of the 9th)

Orosco and Holland have yet to give up runs, while L. DeLeon and Larry Anderson have ERAs in the mid 4 range. Guante, (who I forgot to call up right away), has only appeared in 3 or 4 games, but he has not given up a run as yet.

Ahead or behind, these Padres have been stealing bases. The offense has been performing well, allowing an increased level of aggressiveness. I abide by the unspoken rules of baseball, and do not run up the score or steal bases when we have a significant lead. I also do not steal with 2 outs and the pitcher hitting---but having said that if the pitcher is up with less than 2 outs, the 2 batters ahead of him are off and running if they’re on base, (Wiggins and O. Smith).

Using speed to clear the pitcher has shown itself to be useful: Wiggins (7 hitter) gets on. He steals 2nd. Sometimes the opposing team will walk O. Smith to bring up the pitcher. No problem, as Wiggins and O. Smith steal 3rd, and 2nd, respectively. With 2 outs, if Wiggins gets on, he steals. Again, some teams decide to intentionally walk O. Smith, thus the pitcher is cleared, bringing up my 1-2-3 hitters again the next inning.

Now readers are caught up, and I’ll begin game by game reports.

Last edited by Augetout; 12-19-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:03 PM   #17
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Late Rally by Padres Secures Win
The San Diego Padres defeated the Chicago Cubs, 5-3, in NL action at Jack Murphy Stadium, with San Diego pitcher Andy Hawkins named player of the game. San Diego, now 23-6, has played well in the early going.

Had Tony Gwynn Sr not delivered a key base hit in the bottom of the eighth, the outcome might have been different. Instead, with two down and runners on 1st and 2nd, Gwynn Sr hit a 2-run double. That made the score 5-3, in favor of the Padres.

"I still think this team has room for improvement," Gwynn Sr told the San Diego Daily News.

CHICAGO BATTING LINESCORE SAN DIEGO BATTING LINESCORE
Player AB R H RBI BB K LOB AVG HR RBI
J. LeMaster SS 3 2 2 0 2 1 1 .257 0 6
J. Wohlford LF 5 1 2 2 0 1 1 .238 3 11
T. Paciorek 1B 4 0 3 0 0 0 2 .292 0 8
C. Lemon CF 4 0 0 0 1 1 5 .278 3 14
T. Pena C 5 0 1 1 0 2 6 .309 2 12
J. Castino 2B 3 0 0 0 1 1 2 .240 2 8
H. Brooks 3B 4 0 1 0 0 1 3 .309 0 9
A. Otis RF 4 0 1 0 0 1 1 .204 1 8
D. Rozema P 3 0 0 0 0 2 2 .000 0 0
D. Boitano P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0
M. Proly P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0
a-K. Moreland PH 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .194 0 2
Totals 36 3 10 3 4 10 23
a - K. Moreland pinch hit for M. Proly in the 9th

BATTING
Triples: A. Otis (3, 2nd Inning off A. Hawkins, 0 on, 1 out)
Home Runs: J. Wohlford (3, 7th Inning off C. Guante, 1 on, 0 outs)
Total Bases: J. Wohlford 5 , T. Pena , T. Paciorek 3 , A. Otis 3 , J. LeMaster 2 , H. Brooks
2-out RBI: T. Pena
Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: , T. Pena 2 , J. LeMaster , J. Castino , H. Brooks
GIDP: C. Lemon
Hit by Pitch: T. Paciorek
Team LOB: 11

BASERUNNING
SB: T. Paciorek (1)
CS: J. LeMaster (7)
R. Henderson LF 3 2 1 0 2 0 2 .316 4 18
P. Molitor 3B 4 0 3 2 0 0 2 .322 4 19
T. Gwynn Sr RF 5 0 2 2 0 1 3 .393 1 18
C. Cooper 1B 4 0 2 0 1 0 2 .319 3 20
W. McGee CF 5 0 0 0 0 1 8 .235 1 12
M. Scioscia C 4 0 1 0 0 1 0 .268 3 10
A. Wiggins 2B 4 1 2 0 0 0 1 .208 0 4
O. Smith SS 3 1 2 0 1 0 1 .238 1 13
A. Hawkins P 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 .000 0 1
L. Andersen P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0
a-T. Bosley PH 1 0 0 0 0 1 2 .211 1 3
C. Guante P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0
A. Holland P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0
b-G. Pettis PH 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 .500 0 2
R. Gossage P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0
Totals 36 5 14 5 4 4 23
a - T. Bosley pinch hit for L. Andersen in the 6th
b - G. Pettis pinch hit for A. Holland in the 8th

BATTING
Doubles: A. Wiggins (4, 4th Inning off D. Rozema, 0 on, 1 out) P. Molitor 2 (6, 1st Inning off D. Rozema, 1 on, 0 outs; 7th Inning off D. Boitano, 0 on, 0 outs) T. Gwynn Sr (8, 8th Inning off M. Proly, 2 on, 2 outs)
Total Bases: A. Wiggins 3 , O. Smith 2 , M. Scioscia , C. Cooper 2 , P. Molitor 5 , R. Henderson , T. Gwynn Sr 3 , G. Pettis
2-out RBI: T. Gwynn Sr
Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: A. Hawkins , W. McGee 5 , R. Henderson
Sac Fly: P. Molitor
Team LOB: 11

BASERUNNING
SB: A. Wiggins (15) , O. Smith (8)
CS: R. Henderson (4)

FIELDING
Errors: A. Wiggins (12)
Double Plays: 1 (Smith-Wiggins-Cooper)

CHICAGO PITCHING LINESCORE SAN DIEGO PITCHING LINESCORE
Player IP H R ER BB K HR PI PS ERA
D. Rozema 6.0 10 1 1 1 2 0 104 69 3.79
D. Boitano H (3) 1.1 2 2 2 1 2 0 24 15 4.50
M. Proly L (0-1), BS (1) 0.2 2 2 2 2 0 0 21 13 2.70
PITCHING
Game Score: D. Rozema 49
Batters Faced: D. Rozema 28, D. Boitano 7, M. Proly 6
Ground Outs - Fly Outs: D. Rozema 5-10, D. Boitano 0-2, M. Proly 0-2
Pitches - Strikes: D. Rozema 104-69, D. Boitano 24-15, M. Proly 21-13
Inherited Runners - Scored: M. Proly 2-2
WP: D. Rozema
A. Hawkins 5.0 5 1 1 3 7 0 118 70 2.32
L. Andersen 1.0 1 0 0 0 1 0 13 10 4.09
C. Guante 1.0 3 2 2 0 0 1 17 10 18.00
A. Holland W (1-0) 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 12 8 0.00
R. Gossage SV (10) 1.0 1 0 0 1 1 0 19 8 0.82
PITCHING
Game Score: A. Hawkins 57
Batters Faced: A. Hawkins 23, L. Andersen 4, C. Guante 5, A. Holland 3, R. Gossage 6
Ground Outs - Fly Outs: A. Hawkins 4-3, L. Andersen 0-2, C. Guante 2-0, A. Holland 2-0, R. Gossage 0-2
Pitches - Strikes: A. Hawkins 118-70, L. Andersen 13-10, C. Guante 17-10, A. Holland 12-8, R. Gossage 19-8
Hit Batsmen: R. Gossage

GAME NOTES
Player of the Game: Andy Hawkins
Ballpark: Jack Murphy Stadium
Weather: Partly Cloudy (49 degrees), wind blowing in from left at 8 mph
Start Time: 7:05 PM PST
Time: 3:11
Attendance: 47836
Old 12-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #18
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Padres Run Win Streak to 8
Pitcher Charlie Hough was sensational for the San Diego Padres in his team's 3-1 triumph over the Chicago Cubs. Hough received player of the game honors, while picking up the win. Getting the save was Jesse Orosco, his 2nd. San Diego, at 24-6, has sizzled in the early going.

Chicago had a runner on 2nd in the top of the ninth. With one out, Chet Lemon came to bat, hoping to do some damage. Instead, he flied out. The score remained 3-1, San Diego. The Cubs saw their comeback bid fail.

CHICAGO BATTING LINESCORE SAN DIEGO BATTING LINESCORE

J. LeMaster SS
4 0 0 0 0 1 2 .248 0 6
J. Wohlford LF
4 0 0 0 0 0 1 .229 3 11
T. Paciorek 1B
4 0 1 0 0 1 1 .291 0 8
C. Lemon CF
3 1 0 0 0 0 1 .270 3 14
A. Otis RF
4 0 2 0 0 1 1 .216 1 8
K. Moreland C
3 0 0 0 0 1 3 .176 0 2
J. Castino 2B
2 0 0 1 0 1 2 .235 2 9
H. Brooks 3B
3 0 1 0 0 2 1 .309 0 9
J. Montefusco P
2 0 1 0 0 0 0 .133 0 0
a-P. Putnam PH
1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .200 0 1
K. Brown P
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0
Totals 30 1 5 1 0 7 13
a - P. Putnam pinch hit for J. Montefusco in the 8th

BATTING
Doubles: J. Montefusco (1, 6th Inning off C. Hough, 0 on, 0 outs) T. Paciorek (5, 9th Inning off J. Orosco, 0 on, 1 out) A. Otis 2 (6, 2nd Inning off C. Hough, 1 on, 0 outs; 7th Inning off C. Hough, 0 on, 1 out)
Total Bases: J. Montefusco 2 , T. Paciorek 2 , A. Otis 4 , H. Brooks
Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: T. Paciorek , A. Otis , J. Castino , H. Brooks
GIDP: J. LeMaster
Sac Fly: J. Castino
Hit by Pitch: C. Lemon
Team LOB: 4
R. Henderson LF 2 1 1 0 2 1 0 .320 4 18
P. Molitor 3B
3 1 0 0 1 0 4 .314 4 19
T. Gwynn Sr RF
4 0 0 0 0 1 2 .380 1 18
C. Cooper 1B
3 0 0 1 0 0 1 .311 3 21
W. McGee CF
3 0 1 1 1 0 0 .237 1 13
M. Scioscia C
2 0 0 0 1 0 1 .262 3 10
a-O. Nixon PR
0 1 0 0 0 0 0 .429 0 0
c-B. Boone C
1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .273 0 1
A. Wiggins 2B
2 0 1 0 1 0 0 .213 0 4
O. Smith SS
3 0 0 0 0 0 3 .231 1 13
C. Hough P
2 0 0 0 0 1 1 .143 0 0
b-T. Bosley PH
0 0 0 1 0 0 1 .211 1 4
L. DeLeon P
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0
J. Orosco P
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 0 0
Totals 25 3 3 3 6 3 14
a - O. Nixon pinch ran for M. Scioscia in the 7th
b - T. Bosley pinch hit for C. Hough in the 7th
c - B. Boone substituted for O. Nixon in the 8th

BATTING
Doubles: W. McGee (4, 1st Inning off J. Montefusco, 1 on, 2 outs)
Total Bases: A. Wiggins , R. Henderson , W. McGee 2
2-out RBI: W. McGee
Runners left in scoring position, 2 outs: M. Scioscia , P. Molitor 2
Sac Fly: C. Cooper , T. Bosley
Team LOB: 5

BASERUNNING
SB: A. Wiggins 2 (17) , R. Henderson 2 (26) , P. Molitor (12) , O. Nixon 2 (10)

FIELDING
Double Plays: 1 (Molitor-Wiggins-Cooper)

CHICAGO PITCHING LINESCORE SAN DIEGO PITCHING LINESCORE

J. Montefusco L (2-5) 7.0 3 3 3 5 3 0 98 61 3.49
K. Brown
1.0 0 0 0 1 0 0 17 7 0.00
PITCHING
Game Score: J. Montefusco 57
Batters Faced: J. Montefusco 29, K. Brown 4
Ground Outs - Fly Outs: J. Montefusco 6-12, K. Brown 1-2
Pitches - Strikes: J. Montefusco 98-61, K. Brown 17-7

C. Hough W (3-0)
7.0 3 1 1 0 7 0 92 58 2.05
L. DeLeon H (4)
1.0 1 0 0 0 0 0 14 10 3.86
J. Orosco SV (2)
1.0 1 0 0 0 0 0 9 9 0.00
PITCHING
Game Score: C. Hough 74
Batters Faced: C. Hough 25, L. DeLeon 3, J. Orosco 4
Ground Outs - Fly Outs: C. Hough 6-8, L. DeLeon 1-1, J. Orosco 0-3
Pitches - Strikes: C. Hough 92-58, L. DeLeon 14-10, J. Orosco 9-9
Hit Batsmen: C. Hough
Old 12-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #19
Augetout
Minors (Double A)

Hmm. Any advice on how best to achieve posting the game updates---I'm all ears.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:49 AM   #20
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

How tech savvy are you? i could walk you thru making the box score a pdf. That takes some doing...But you could share it from a cloud or google drive. PDF looks like this: BOX SCORE

You could probably do screenshots. That would be easier... But you would probably take three screenshots and then cut the extra stuff to make it look good. You can download paint.net for free and use it for the editing... It ends up looking like this...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE

Last edited by Dark Horse; 12-21-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote