Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 09-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #21
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Is it possible for the gradiants to be the two team colors used in game rather than the team color #1 and white?
I actually tried this initially, but OOTP doesn't seem to lay the team colors over the PNG gradient while maintaining opacity. The way these cards work is that the team color is full border, and the white gradient layer (fading white to transparent) is put on top of it. When I applied the team color to the white gradient layer, it covered the full border as well, instead of fading it out. I haven't tried this with a red/green trialpha layer yet. I'll give that a go in the near future if no one else gets to it before I do. It also may work by fading to black, since the trialpha layers assume black to be transparent. Haven't tried that yet either, but it'd be pretty easy for me to test since I've got the original GIMP files for all the layers (they're actually in the zip file, too).
Old 09-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #22
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
I actually tried this initially, but OOTP doesn't seem to lay the team colors over the PNG gradient while maintaining opacity. The way these cards work is that the team color is full border, and the white gradient layer (fading white to transparent) is put on top of it. When I applied the team color to the white gradient layer, it covered the full border as well, instead of fading it out. I haven't tried this with a red/green trialpha layer yet. I'll give that a go in the near future if no one else gets to it before I do. It also may work by fading to black, since the trialpha layers assume black to be transparent. Haven't tried that yet either, but it'd be pretty easy for me to test since I've got the original GIMP files for all the layers (they're actually in the zip file, too).

Pretty sure this will work using one layer with the trialpha colors overlaying the top and have true black in area that you want to be transparent to show the layers below. That is similar to what I did with these cards. The trialpha layer is the top layer. I'll give it a try with the trialpha gradient tonight.
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #23
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Some game created logos have gradiants so it should work.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #24
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Yep, just tested a gradient from trialpha_red=[%TEAM_BG_COLOR] to trialpha_green=[%TEAM_TEXT_COLOR] and it worked just fine.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #25
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Yep, just tested a gradient from trialpha_red=[%TEAM_BG_COLOR] to trialpha_green=[%TEAM_TEXT_COLOR] and it worked just fine.
Yeah, I think it makes this design look great. I moved the name and position to the team text color in case the background color is too dark for it to show.

This is really a great design and will enter my card rotation. Thanks for posting FHOMESS.
Attached Images

Last edited by blueturf; 09-17-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #26
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Anyway either one of you could explain how to or ship out the changes so I can use them, please? Thanks.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
Old 09-18-2010, 09:47 AM   #27
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueturf View Post
Yeah, I think it makes this design look great. I moved the name and position to the team text color in case the background color is too dark for it to show.

This is really a great design and will enter my card rotation. Thanks for posting FHOMESS.
That's what I was looking for, except the font color on the back.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #28
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Anyway either one of you could explain how to or ship out the changes so I can use them, please? Thanks.
FHOMESS may have a better way to do it. Here is the code I changed and how the Photo Data Front section of the XML looks.

<!-- Photo Data - Front -->
<ELEMENT type="image" x="8" y="7" zorder="1" width="205" height="281" content="PICTURE" />
<ELEMENT type="image" x="0" y="0" zorder="10" content="1996_fhomess_front_base.png" trialpha_red="[%TEAM_BG_COLOR]" trialpha_green="[%TEAM_TEXT_COLOR]" trialpha_blue="#000000"/>
<ELEMENT type="image" x="0" y="0" zorder="11" content="1996_fhomess.png"/>

Then I changed the 1996_fhomess & 1996_fhomess_front_base photos to the following. With this setup you no longer need the fhomess_border_front.png.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: xml default.xml (8.5 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by blueturf; 09-18-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #29
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

That's what I'm looking for, thanks.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #30
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

nm

Last edited by cephasjames; 09-19-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:13 AM   #31
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Anyone know of a way around the problem of card width for cards with horizontal fronts and backs? Making the cards smaller would make the stats unreadable.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #32
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

I'd ask Andreas. I bet there's a width limit that allowas for horizontal fron and vertical back but no more.

EDIT: As for your design. Nice job. It's hard thinking up good designs. I would suggest putting your brand name somewhere else that doesn't overlap with text. Maybe top left corner or lower part of the player photo.

Last edited by cephasjames; 09-23-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #33
davwms
All Star Starter

You should be able to put the bottom of the card below the top. I have created a "card" that is 500px tall. See picture... to see what I mean, I will attach a little mock up.. I'm not at home to actually try this right now though...

Attached Images
Old 09-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #34
davwms
All Star Starter

So, you list the team name several times then put a white-to-clear gradient above that text? nice..

Now, to pick on you just a little bit...

I think that the designs that you have come up with are amazing and original.. You'd think that someone with this huge amount of originality and the ability to think of such things would have thought to just move the back of the card to below the top of the card to fit it in! LOL

Please, forgive me.. I am only teasing.. great layout by the way. I have been thinking about how to create a landscape card but had trouble with filling in the background to look best with the photo background.. I was thinking that I could just take the backgrounds out of the facegen folder to have the pictures be generated with transparent backgrounds and then you can do whatever you want for the background of the card. I haven't done this yet, but I do believe it will work. Anyone else want to give that a shot? :-)

Last edited by davwms; 09-23-2010 at 10:37 AM.
davwms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #35
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davwms View Post
So, you list the team name several times then put a white-to-clear gradient above that text? nice..

I think that the designs that you have come up with are amazing and original.. You'd think that someone with this huge amount of originality and the ability to think of such things would have thought to just move the back of the card to below the top of the card to fit it in! LOL

Please, forgive me.. I am only teasing.. great layout by the way. I have been thinking about how to create a landscape card but had trouble with filling in the background to look best with the photo background.. I was thinking that I could just take the backgrounds out of the facegen folder to have the pictures be generated with transparent backgrounds and then you can do whatever you want for the background of the card. I haven't done this yet, but I do believe it will work. Anyone else want to give that a shot? :-)
Are you able to see all of the "long" card in game though?
Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #36
davwms
All Star Starter

Quote:
Are you able to see all of the "long" card in game though?
Phhfff... who looks at them in game? I print them out on card stock and pretend they are real!

Actually.. I think the one that I did might not show completely, but one that is only 422px high might show up.. another option would be to have them overlap slightly.... but I doubt too many would want that.. Here are a mockupfor what it might look like with the image being 311px high (which is the same height as a "normal" portrait card) . You could with the top card on top or the back card on top to show the stats completely...

but I think the the image that is 422px will show on screen in the game.. (maybe) but it looks like the limitation is set at 537 because this is the size of a default card with the front portrait and the back landscape plus a few pixels to seperate the cards. I have to believe that it could be increased within the game.
Attached Images
Old 09-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #37
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I... uh... figured if you couldn't expand sideways, you couldn't expand vertically either. Yeah, that's it.

Quote:
I've tried a transparent background (as well as all black, which has the same effect) and found that it messes up the FaceGen pic somewhat. I really don't understand why it would do this, but I ended up with weird gaps in the head and cap. If anyone else has a different experience, I'd love to hear about it.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #38
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Phhfff... who looks at them in game? I print them out on card stock and pretend they are real!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #39
griffeyin98
Major Leagues

Quote:
Anyone know of a way around the problem of card width for cards with horizontal fronts and backs? Making the cards smaller would make the stats unreadable.
Are these available yet? This is the best design I've seen yet, better than most of the real ones too, great work
griffeyin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #40
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffeyin98 View Post
Are these available yet? This is the best design I've seen yet, better than most of the real ones too, great work
No. I'm pretty sure fhomess is still working on it.