Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
oaklandmike
Bat Boy

Wow this game is hard.

The manual is like 600 pages and I am getting a little discouraged. All I want to do is import about 300 top seasons from Hall of Fame or close to Hall of Fame players and put them on like 8 dream teams and play a league with some buddies. Seems like rocket science just to do that. Where do I start. I actually figured out how to import the 300 players but getting them on teams without having to deal with all the contract garbage is beyond me. HELP !!!!!!!!
oaklandmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

To force them onto a team, make sure you are in Commissioner mode. Once you're the Commish, go to the Player Editor tab on a player's page (top right corner) and on the left side of the player editor screen you should be able to assign them to a team. Or you can just run an initial draft and let everyone pick teams that way.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
rem
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandmike View Post
The manual is like 600 pages and I am getting a little discouraged. All I want to do is import about 300 top seasons from Hall of Fame or close to Hall of Fame players and put them on like 8 dream teams and play a league with some buddies. Seems like rocket science just to do that. Where do I start. I actually figured out how to import the 300 players but getting them on teams without having to deal with all the contract garbage is beyond me. HELP !!!!!!!!
It's going to be a bit tedious for you to import each player separately and then assign them to a team. You might want to try importing great teams, i.e. the '27 Yankees, and go about it that way. Let me know if you want to do that and I or someone else will tell you how.

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0

Last edited by rem; 12-28-2008 at 05:11 PM.
rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
oaklandmike
Bat Boy

Yes please can you tell me how to import an entire team. That would be great. Thanks
oaklandmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
9tails
Bat Boy

To be honest, I just started with fictional leagues. I like the idea of managing the Mariners better than Bavasi did as much as the next person, but it was just somehow unsatisfying.

I turned off scouting, coaching, morale, personality, and had no minor leagues, just a reserve roster for prospects, and went from there. Such a game actually provides a nice lightweight entry to playing while retaining a strong 'I'm the GM' feel. When I got more experienced, I started turning things like morale and personality back on, as well as tightening up the AI so that I couldn't pillage their best prospects for (legitimately amazing) 33-year-olds making $25 per year for the next six years.
9tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
rem
Hall Of Famer

talked to the OP on aim

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0
rem is offline   Reply With Quote