Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #21
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Did Andreas say when the new Mac patch would be out? Or is it out already and I missed it?
Well, IDK if it was Andreas who replied to me directly, but I was sent a link to the patch on the email.

Here it is:

http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...ller_debug.dmg

Hope this works for you.
Marberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #22
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

I am now experiencing random crashes as well. I've never had a crash before now. Any way to roll back to the previous patch?
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #23
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Tech Support sent me an email earlier which I quote here:

"this special debug build does not fix the crash problem. It's designed to help figure out what the problem is. So if it does crash (and it sounds like it will considering the crashes you've had), then it will generate a report that should help them to figure this out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by akw4572 View Post
I am now experiencing random crashes as well. I've never had a crash before now. Any way to roll back to the previous patch?
Yeah, I thought about this too. But with the quote above in mind, it looks like the best option we Mac users may have at this point is to install the debug, run a few tests and keep TS updated so they can get on top of the problem and come up with a solution.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #24
boshk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Um, in the end, OOTP 14 is made for macs. I have a Mac. If the game is advertised for Macs, it should work for Macs. I'm not having a problem with the game, but that answer is way off base. To the OP, keep at it, contact tech support, I'm sure they'll help you out.
try playing a bethesda game on PS3. because microsoft throws millions upon millions of dollars to these gaming companies to make games for the x-box. ps3 becomes an afterthought and they have to convert everything from x-box to ps3. the games are then riddled with bugs, glitches and other problems. so at the end of the day, the game was designed for PC. while they may have sold it for mac, it is an inferior computer made for old people and schools and nobody has any business playing games on them. let alone complaining that the game does not work right on it.
boshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #25
Zlax45
Bat Boy

Same problem here...
Zlax45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #26
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Edit: Didn't read the whole thread! See post below.

Last edited by old timer; 04-28-2013 at 06:15 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #27
old timer
Hall Of Famer

OK, I just read through this thread and saw the link for the debug build posted above. If any of you use it, please come to support and provide us with a crash report if you get one. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Many thanks old timer

Already working on this with Support via email, but I'll make sure to post anything I think can be helpful to other users here (i.e: the link to the debug).
Old 04-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #29
phenom
Hall Of Famer

I had a couple crashes on my MacBook today and saved the Mac-generated report. Who can I email this to for evaluation? I can't get the support site to load.

FYI - I've been running OOTP on Macs since the 2006 version. This is a new problem that's 14-related.

phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #30
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom View Post
I had a couple crashes on my MacBook today and saved the Mac-generated report. Who can I email this to for evaluation? I can't get the support site to load.

FYI - I've been running OOTP on Macs since the 2006 version. This is a new problem that's 14-related.
Yeah, Tech Support's confirmed to me that the problem is a bug in the latest patch. In fact, they just wrote to inform me that they seem to have found it and sent a link to the newest beta build:

http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...4Installer.dmg

I suggest you give it a try and see how it works for you.

You can contact them at support@ootpdevelopments.com. This is how I got in touch with them, since I also couldn't gain access into the site.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #31
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marberi View Post
Yeah, Tech Support's confirmed to me that the problem is a bug in the latest patch. In fact, they just wrote to inform me that they seem to have found it and sent a link to the newest beta build:

You can contact them at support@ootpdevelopments.com. This is how I got in touch with them, since I also couldn't gain access into the site.
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #32
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Glad I could help, but in truth, it's the Support crew who's to be thanked. Those guys are truly first rate.

Ever since I reported the issue, they've kept following up on it every day and sending me the files with the debug and beta build. I'm just passing their info along in this thread, hoping it can be helpful to other Mac users.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #33
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Glad I could help, but in truth, it's the Support crew who's to be thanked. Those guys are truly first rate.

Ever since I reported the issue, they've kept following up on it every day and sending me the files with the debug and beta build. I'm just passing their info along in this thread, hoping it can be helpful to other Mac users.
Again, very glad there's an answer in sight. Without meaning to take any air out of the balloon, yeah, Tech Support guys are often underrated and very underappreciated. They try best they can in all things. Now, to the part of the picture you don't always see: the other thing they have to stay on top of is the developers, making sure that priorities are made priorities and that as quickly as possible, things get fixed and posted publicly that the answer has been discovered. With that, just saying be patient, because they're just one step in the process. A few us spend a great deal of time just prodding and asking, poking and inquiring, working together to get the right thing in the right hands. Me? I just manage to be a PITA most of the time, but I'll admit to that being my part. Anyway, hang in there and trust these guys to see it through to the end. They're not only good at doing what they do, don't lose sight they're good men, too. They really want the best for you.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #34
Perceptor
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks Marberi for your efforts. I too play on a Mac and hoping this gets fixed soon
Perceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #35
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I played several games last night with this build and had zero crashes. It was with a league that had previously crashed as well.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #36
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
Thanks Marberi for your efforts. I too play on a Mac and hoping this gets fixed soon
Well, to be totally honest, I only opened this thread to see if I could catch someone's attention to fix my own issues. Never thought it'd become sorta like the extraofficial "Mac bug-solving thread" lol.

But in the end, it's good to see that this thread has been helpful to others. Also, it's the Tech Support guys who've kept on their toes. In this case, kudos to old timer, who has been following up on this like a hound and to Andreas, who's been working hard to get that damn, pesky bug fixed.

Quote:
I played several games last night with this build and had zero crashes. It was with a league that had previously crashed as well.
Great to hear this

After installing the build, I simmed a full season with a league that had previously crashed. I created it from a quickstart I had made earlier, played a couple of PBP games, messed around with lineups, depth charts, etc. and had no crashes whatsoever at any point either.

IMO, it may be a little too soon to start celebrating, but I'd say we're definitely headed in the right direction.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #37
rp03ev
Bat Boy

I have a high end PC with win7 and still experiencing crashes mid game...usually right after the ball is hit.
rp03ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #38
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp03ev View Post
I have a high end PC with win7 and still experiencing crashes mid game...usually right after the ball is hit.
The latest PC beta build should help: http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...otp14setup.exe

Last edited by old timer; 04-30-2013 at 06:27 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote