Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-30-2018, 11:55 PM   #1
daves
Hall Of Famer

4-peat Doubledays!

Looks like I am the only one left standing to win a World Series in the 1st 4 PT seasons!
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:56 PM   #2
daves
Hall Of Famer

List of current owners. I am sure there will be other 4-peaters. But it feels different to win a WS in the 1st 4 seasons of Perfect team.
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2018, 12:44 AM   #3
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
List of current owners. I am sure there will be other 4-peaters. But it feels different to win a WS in the 1st 4 seasons of Perfect team.

What makes it even more cool is your team did it with only a .551 record over those 4 seasons.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:17 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Wow, that's what I call tons of luck! I hope you won't complain now that your lucky streak will most likely end...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:22 AM   #5
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
What makes it even more cool is your team did it with only a .551 record over those 4 seasons.
Yes, I only had over 90 wins once. Twice as a wild card and twice as a division winner in the worst division. But it's about making the playoffs that give you a chance. Plus I tend to update my team late in the year.;}

Old 12-31-2018, 07:23 AM   #6
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Wow, that's what I call tons of luck! I hope you won't complain now that your lucky streak will most likely end...
I expected my streak to end at every updated level. We will see what happens in the Perfect level?

It just amazes me to be the only 4-peat with over 5,000 competitors.

Last edited by daves; 12-31-2018 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:49 AM   #7
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I expected my streak to end at every updated level. We will see what happens in the Perfect level?

It just amazes me to be the only 4-peat with over 5,000 competitors.
Congratulations from the bottom of my heart. Anyone who knows me knows all I care about is winning a ring. I am not surprised that you are the only 4 time perfect winner. (Perfect meaning winning every season) I have seen teams who have won 120 games get swept in the playoffs. One season I won 114 games and lost in the first round . The playoffs are a different season. That’s why I do not believe in whale teams dominating rings because I believe once you get into the playoffs anything can happen. I just want to say congrats and that is a wonderful thing you have accomplished. It is a true Dynasty that should go down in OOTP history. I hope one day our swords will cross in a league. It would be a true honor competing with you my friend....
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:07 AM   #8
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Congrats! You obviously know how to motivate your team at the right time lol.
Hopefully you got an extra pile of points for a 4-peat!
Amazing!
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:45 PM   #9
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

I know you may not want to give away any secrets, but do you actively manage during the playoffs or set a roster and let it fly?
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:16 PM   #10
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
I know you may not want to give away any secrets, but do you actively manage during the playoffs or set a roster and let it fly?
I am constantly updating and improving the team near the end of the season and between series as needed. Made rotation changes based on matchups and the hot-hand. Utilized L/R matchups similar to Dave Roberts' management style. But most of all - really lucky,

Old 01-04-2019, 10:17 AM   #11
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am constantly updating and improving the team near the end of the season and between series as needed. Made rotation changes based on matchups and the hot-hand. Utilized L/R matchups similar to Dave Roberts' management style. But most of all - really lucky,
A little bit of artisanal management style, I see! I also like the little touch of the trophies getting nicer as the levels increase.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:55 PM   #12
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Congrats Daves! That is darn impressive. Just one more league to raise the trophy in. I want to know what offerings you give to the baseball Gods ;-)
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #13
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
That is really cool. So much for Whale teams. .551 is amazing.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #14
<Pion>
All Star Starter

My team's been making it tough for Auburn (10-5 so far this season), but they are currently in 1st. We are one of Auburn's victims in the playoffs in a previous season, not going to make it this year as we're below .500

Good luck on your 5th, maybe we'll meet again in a future post-season.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:26 PM   #15
daves
Hall Of Famer

Well the Doubledays quest for a 5 peat fell short in the Wildcard game. Partly due to me not resting my ACE for the playoff game while watching the NFL playoffs and partly because the other team destroyed my #2 starter.

Quest for the elusive Perfect trophy starts again next week.

The good news I actually will go to bed on time.

Last edited by daves; 01-06-2019 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:40 PM   #16
gemini615
All Star Reserve

I'll admit I was a tad bummed when you lost, but everyone on here knows what you accomplished, so your run of greatness shalt not be forgotten!
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #17
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well the Doubledays quest for a 5 peat fell short in the Wildcard game. Partly due to me not resting my ACE for the playoff game while watching the NFL playoffs and partly because the other team destroyed my #2 starter.

Good run my friend. I know what you mean about sleep. Sometimes it is almost a relieve to lose so you can get a little sleep on Sunday. (Sometimes. Lol) Again GREAT Job and wear those rings proudly......🍻
Old 01-08-2019, 02:25 PM   #18
Meg4byt3
Bat Boy

Quote:

You can take some solace in the fact you lost to the eventual champions.

Good luck on getting that Perfect Trophy.
Meg4byt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:03 PM   #19
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Good run my friend. I know what you mean about sleep. Sometimes it is almost a relieve to lose so you can get a little sleep on Sunday. (Sometimes. Lol) Again GREAT Job and wear those rings proudly......🍻
When it comes to the playoffs, I'm envious of those on the East coast. By the time I get done with things Sunday morning and can access my team, the Wildcard and second round is already done and some of my teams are already eliminated. I usually get to it a couple of games into the third round of playoffs.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #20
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
When it comes to the playoffs, I'm envious of those on the East coast. By the time I get done with things Sunday morning and can access my team, the Wildcard and second round is already done and some of my teams are already eliminated. I usually get to it a couple of games into the third round of playoffs.
The flip side is that in the East you potentially have to wait till after midnight to see all the end of season results, or you risk not seeing them in the morning with promotion/relegation taking place.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote