Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Announcing OOTP 21, Pre-Order Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2019, 04:28 PM   #41
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,459
Thanks: 104
Thanked 9,997x in 3,486 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDawg View Post
How do I add/distract/swap teams in historical mode? I now you can only do this only on July 1, but cant seem to find the right setting. Suppose I want to keep the Senators in the NHL in 1934, I don't see a possibility to do so in the offseason. I would like to change the divisions too.Thanks.
On July 1, on the league menu choose the Edit option (at the bottom), then the Structure tab on that screen.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:52 PM   #42
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,390
Thanks: 519
Thanked 655x in 445 posts
Couple of questions before I think about buying the game:

1. Are column widths customizable? I still see the HUGE gap between team name or player name and the first statistical column. It'd be nice if that was smaller to make the page easier to read.

2. Regarding Corsi (or shot attempts, whatever you like to call it) I understand that goals and penalty minutes, for example, are pretty close to what the NHL is doing right now, but how do shot attempts compare? There seems to be a pretty heavy, almost 50% higher rate, of blocked shots that I've seen reported. How much higher is the shot attempt rate than what is being seen in the NHL?
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:17 PM   #43
Savoie45
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 313
Thanks: 36
Thanked 92x in 59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Couple of questions before I think about buying the game:

1. Are column widths customizable? I still see the HUGE gap between team name or player name and the first statistical column. It'd be nice if that was smaller to make the page easier to read.

2. Regarding Corsi (or shot attempts, whatever you like to call it) I understand that goals and penalty minutes, for example, are pretty close to what the NHL is doing right now, but how do shot attempts compare? There seems to be a pretty heavy, almost 50% higher rate, of blocked shots that I've seen reported. How much higher is the shot attempt rate than what is being seen in the NHL?
Don't believe there's any way to edit the column width and the shots seem pretty close from what I've seen with teams generally averaging in the 30's. Right now in my franchise, the Sharks are averaging the highest at 38 per game and the Islanders the lowest at 29.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:31 PM   #44
AlpineSK
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bear, DE
Posts: 1,390
Thanks: 519
Thanked 655x in 445 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
Don't believe there's any way to edit the column width and the shots seem pretty close from what I've seen with teams generally averaging in the 30's. Right now in my franchise, the Sharks are averaging the highest at 38 per game and the Islanders the lowest at 29.
I understand shots are where they are, I am asking about shot attempts. Here is the link to Natural Stat Trick looking at team rates normalized to /60 minutes for all stats. The columns labeled "CF" and "CA" are Corsi FOR and Corsi AGAINST which is a measure of shot attempts, so its a total of shots on goal, shots that go wide, and shots that are blocked. Its essentially a measure of possession. With the block rate as high as we are seeing, I am asking if the shot attempts / game rates are anywhere near the NHL average.
__________________
Check out my Sims!!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:40 AM   #45
Savoie45
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 313
Thanks: 36
Thanked 92x in 59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
I understand shots are where they are, I am asking about shot attempts. Here is the link to Natural Stat Trick looking at team rates normalized to /60 minutes for all stats. The columns labeled "CF" and "CA" are Corsi FOR and Corsi AGAINST which is a measure of shot attempts, so its a total of shots on goal, shots that go wide, and shots that are blocked. Its essentially a measure of possession. With the block rate as high as we are seeing, I am asking if the shot attempts / game rates are anywhere near the NHL average.
While from what I'm seeing from end of season stats things look pretty good, not pin point accurate, but solid for a sim. I don't think total shots attempted is tracked in the game, just shots on goal, which seem to match up well. From my season stats from my first year of my franchise, Suter had 156 total blocks. Last year he had 109 in reality, just at even strength, so I don't think the shot block totals are really that high.

Last edited by Savoie45; 10-15-2019 at 02:54 AM.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:42 AM   #46
TeppoWInnipeg
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hi! wanted to ask: If i mostly simulate my games, is allocating points to the " in game tactics " slot useless, or does it somehow influence what happens during games even if i simulate them. thx

Last edited by TeppoWInnipeg; 10-15-2019 at 08:43 AM. Reason: typo
TeppoWInnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:19 PM   #47
GDawg
Minors (Single A)
 
GDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 67
Thanks: 16
Thanked 12x in 11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
On July 1, on the league menu choose the Edit option (at the bottom), then the Structure tab on that screen.
Thanks. My game is crashing repeatedly on 'go to next day' though, after I enter the (new) leaderboard/standings screen.
GDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:20 PM   #48
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,459
Thanks: 104
Thanked 9,997x in 3,486 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeppoWInnipeg View Post
Hi! wanted to ask: If i mostly simulate my games, is allocating points to the " in game tactics " slot useless, or does it somehow influence what happens during games even if i simulate them. thx
Only if you're playing as GM-only. If you're GM/Head Coach, it will still have an effect in games even if you're simulating them.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
TeppoWInnipeg (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #49
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,459
Thanks: 104
Thanked 9,997x in 3,486 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDawg View Post
Thanks. My game is crashing repeatedly on 'go to next day' though, after I enter the (new) leaderboard/standings screen.
A couple of possibilities:

-Did you remove any teams? There's an issue with this at the moment that can cause a crash, it'll be fixed in the first update.
-Did you generate a new schedule after adding/removing teams? Not having done that usually won't cause a crash, but could in some circumstances.

If it's not those, then could you upload the save (instructions here) and we'll have a look at it to see what's wrong?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:19 PM   #50
GDawg
Minors (Single A)
 
GDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 67
Thanks: 16
Thanked 12x in 11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
A couple of possibilities:

-Did you remove any teams? There's an issue with this at the moment that can cause a crash, it'll be fixed in the first update.
-Did you generate a new schedule after adding/removing teams? Not having done that usually won't cause a crash, but could in some circumstances.

If it's not those, then could you upload the save (instructions here) and we'll have a look at it to see what's wrong?
Thanks, last time it worked, so it's not always happening. I generated a new schedule and draft, yes. I see if I can upload save later.
GDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #51
renojedi
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chester, VA
Posts: 168
Thanks: 39
Thanked 31x in 20 posts
When considering line combinations, are there some roles that work well with others and some that conflict with others?

Trying to figure out if I just pick the best role for a player or if I have to consider what his line mate's roles are.
renojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:00 PM   #52
igor7111
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 70
Thanks: 53
Thanked 8x in 4 posts
I still don't know how to move players around. I thought checking the players checkbox (in the pre-game menu) but what then?
How do I re-assign my starting goalie? I've checked the backup goalie but how do I assign him into the starting lineup?
igor7111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:59 PM   #53
CubzFan73
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Orygun
Posts: 79
Thanks: 170
Thanked 31x in 25 posts
Can the Memorial Cup only be played 2019 and thereafter? If so, is there any plans to make it possible to change the year?

Last edited by CubzFan73; 10-15-2019 at 08:00 PM.
CubzFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:39 PM   #54
TeppoWInnipeg
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Are the only attributes that matter when choosing a trainer; how good they are at the actual trainer job and their training skill. thx
TeppoWInnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:39 PM   #55
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,459
Thanks: 104
Thanked 9,997x in 3,486 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi View Post
When considering line combinations, are there some roles that work well with others and some that conflict with others?

Trying to figure out if I just pick the best role for a player or if I have to consider what his line mate's roles are.
Yes, there are combinations that are better together. One big thing to avoid: overstacking multiple passing- or shooting-oriented roles on a line. Better to keep a mixture so there's somebody to make the plays and somebody to shoot, rather than 3 guys all trying to shoot or pass all the time.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:40 PM   #56
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,459
Thanks: 104
Thanked 9,997x in 3,486 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubzFan73 View Post
Can the Memorial Cup only be played 2019 and thereafter? If so, is there any plans to make it possible to change the year?
Not sure I understand the question. The Memorial Cup is played every season, you wanted to delay it or have it less often than that? Or are you talking about adding it to historical and/or custom mode?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:46 PM   #57
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,459
Thanks: 104
Thanked 9,997x in 3,486 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeppoWInnipeg View Post
Are the only attributes that matter when choosing a trainer; how good they are at the actual trainer job and their training skill. thx
The training skill is by far the most important, to the point where it's probably better to pick someone with a small advantage in that skill over someone who's better in multiple other ratings.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:49 PM   #58
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 11,459
Thanks: 104
Thanked 9,997x in 3,486 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igor7111 View Post
I still don't know how to move players around. I thought checking the players checkbox (in the pre-game menu) but what then?
How do I re-assign my starting goalie? I've checked the backup goalie but how do I assign him into the starting lineup?
Click the checkbox on the dressed list (to the left of the lines) and then click the spot in the lines you want the player to move to (not the role, the black-backgrounded spot above that.) To choose the goalie, do the same thing on the Goalies list below the lines.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
igor7111 (10-16-2019)
Old 10-16-2019, 01:29 AM   #59
CubzFan73
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Orygun
Posts: 79
Thanks: 170
Thanked 31x in 25 posts
Quote:
Not sure I understand the question. The Memorial Cup is played every season, you wanted to delay it or have it less often than that? Or are you talking about adding it to historical and/or custom mode
I guess I wasn't clear enough, sorry. I'm doing a historical fictional league starting in 1986. I used the 2019 CHL as the base for my junior league. The events calendar for the CHL shows all the dates as 1986, and then the Memorial Cup isn't until 2019. Is there any way to make the Memorial Cup usable earlier than 2019?
CubzFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:57 PM   #60
Bigdummie
Minors (Triple A)
 
Bigdummie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 278
Thanks: 117
Thanked 36x in 22 posts
I am the GM only, is there a way in preseason to dress my prospects? My coach only uses the regular players, its preseason, need to look at the American Hockey League guys. Thanks.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments