Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-17-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
diamond3017
Minors (Single A)

How does a player's baserunning rating interact with the baserunning aggressiveness slider?

I've been pretty satisfied with the feedback I get from the stealing bases slider on the player strategy page. For example, let's say you have a hitter that averages 10 SB and 8 CS per season. You crank his slider all the way to the left, and now he attempts one steal every other season – a good result.

I'd like to use the baserunning aggressiveness slider as well, but I don't really know how it works, so I just leave it alone.

In the past, I thought it was basically the ability to successfully make aggressive baserunning plays (i.e., go from first to third on a base hit). You'd want a player with a good RUN rating to be more aggressive, because he was more likely to be successful on these plays, which would help your team score more runs.

But a player's RUN rating is actually "baserunning instincts" – which includes, I assume, the ability to know whether to be aggressive or not. So, it's not the ability to take an extra base, per se, but the ability to know whether or not to take an extra base.

My question is, how does a player's baserunning aggressiveness slider interact with his baserunning instincts rating? For example, if you crank the slider all the way to the right, does this override and neutralize his "instincts" by simply making him aggressive all the time?

diamond3017 is offline   Reply With Quote