Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #121
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
Thanks for clarifying that player ratings/attributes will remain editable (phew!). FM does have a saved-game editor, where almost everything can be edited, but it is a bit unwieldy. OOTP 15 makes in-game editing very easy (in commissioner mode) so I am hoping for something more along those lines for FHM.
IIRC the saved game editor is not part of the package that is FM. It's a free util that's developed by a third party. The database editor comes with FM but the saved game editor is separate.

And yes, the in game editor in OOTP is very nice and it would be good to see it added to FHM at some point (if it isn't already? I haven't really played the game yet...)
Old 07-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #122
dsthom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Editing is not broken, we just have another vision about the game then you. So I fear you will not be happy with our changes to 2015 either. Just want to be upfront about it early.
If you have eliminated editing in the final 2014 patch that was in the initial game release, then you have removed essential functionality from the game -- functionality that was critical to my decision to buy the game. If it will not be in the final 2014 patch, then you must offer a refund. Otherwise you are guilty of bait and switch tactics.

Last edited by dsthom; 07-21-2014 at 12:21 PM.
dsthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:16 PM   #123
dmytron

OOTP is guilty so many times of this! Remember when they have promised real MLB teams and then removed them leaving fake ones?
Old 07-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #124
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
OOTP is guilty so many times of this! Remember when they have promised real MLB teams and then removed them leaving fake ones?
In Markus' defense, I have not patched OOTPB since the 3rd update but it was only team nicknames that were removed. They did, however, leave editing in there so changing them over to REAL team names takes only a couple of minutes depending on how fast you type. As long as the players are there, I'm cool with that personally. . .

More editing with the understanding that too much might effect the stability of the game would be nice for FHM and make it a touch more enjoyable though. . .

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #125
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
OOTP was forced to remove the Nicknames (as iOOTP before as well). In both games you can easily get them back, just take a look at this forums.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #126
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
They were forced to remove the nicknames by the MLB. I'll PM you a nice tip on it.

Last edited by dave1927p; 07-21-2014 at 08:16 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #127
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

So I decided to give this another shot, this patch seems somewhat better,but I still have players dissappearing from minor league rosters that say they are there in the contract screen. I've had this since 1.6.8 patch. Is this just me or are others still experiencing this.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #128
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

People are waiting on the next patch. I thought you were talking about a new patch but everyone is still waiting.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #129
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
People are waiting on the next patch. I thought you were talking about a new patch but everyone is still waiting.
I am playing with the current one, I more meant I had this issue since that 1.6.8 patch to now, sorry for the confusion.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #130
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheat42 View Post
I am playing with the current one, I more meant I had this issue since that 1.6.8 patch to now, sorry for the confusion.
That's ok. I figured the new patch would be here but they must be testing .
Old 08-18-2014, 06:25 AM   #131
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Malte finished the necessary changes to the online league mode. We will start to test it next week. The mode brings back memories for me, reminds me off my OOTP online league (and the reason why I'm here today, the league was the reason I met Markus/Andreas). The initial version will give dedicated Commishes the needed tools to setup online leagues, we will help them to get it more comfortable over time.

For the Match Engine changes I'm on the finish line, should be not to long before intensive testing can start.

The changes to the upper area navigation in 2015 made a big step this weel, we are almost able to hand our testers a version to give first feedback on it. They had some pretty cool ideas already and I'm really looking forward to the initial feedback.

I will now take off the next 2 days (+ the weekend) and travel to Vienna. Thats my only vacation this year so please have your fingers crossed for good weather.
Hi Sebastian

Its been almost a month since this update.. Could we have another one? Is it still being worked on or in the hands of testers for instance
TheAdamBn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #132
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdamBn View Post
Hi Sebastian

Its been almost a month since this update.. Could we have another one? Is it still being worked on or in the hands of testers for instance
Yep, I totally support this request. I'm checking this board daily since several weeks already waiting for the new patch to come out and every day there is neither the patch or at least a new update. It's getting very hard to stay patient, especially because FHM 2015 was announced a while back now.

Last edited by Puckhead; 08-19-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #133
Robert11729
Minors (Single A)

I agree with the people getting inpatient with the games final patch it almost seems like there isn't much of a point of it if 2015 will be out by the time this final patch is released. I know they are working hard on it and all but where are the updates about the final patch they were promising to keep us up to date.
Robert11729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #134
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert11729 View Post
I agree with the people getting inpatient with the games final patch it almost seems like there isn't much of a point of it if 2015 will be out by the time this final patch is released. I know they are working hard on it and all but where are the updates about the final patch they were promising to keep us up to date.
have to agree on this - although i´m a very patient guy there´s really no point to play the game in it´s current state anymore after getting torched again by a 5.0 player scoring 3 goals in 27 seconds in a SC Final game.
It´s almost september and no word on the match engine patch

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #135
Rich Tiger Fan
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
have to agree on this - although i´m a very patient guy there´s really no point to play the game in it´s current state anymore after getting torched again by a 5.0 player scoring 3 goals in 27 seconds in a SC Final game.
It´s almost september and no word on the match engine patch
It's hard to believe but the new engine patch was announced at the end of January. It's been a long time since January. I'm very patient myself and I know the track record of OOTP dev having played OOTPB for over 10 years but it's crazy how long this has taken and the constant lack of any info...
Old 08-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #136
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Tiger Fan View Post
It's hard to believe but the new engine patch was announced at the end of January. It's been a long time since January. I'm very patient myself and I know the track record of OOTP dev having played OOTPB for over 10 years but it's crazy how long this has taken and the constant lack of any info...
i think saying a constant lack of info is not entirely accurate but yes there has been no official update for a few weeks now. The only thing i can say is that when they appear "silent" they are working away at the game and still have members active on the forums.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #137
Rich Tiger Fan
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
i think saying a constant lack of info is not entirely accurate but yes there has been no official update for a few weeks now. The only thing i can say is that when they appear "silent" they are working away at the game and still have members active on the forums.
What I really meant to say was we often have these huge gaps where there is little or no info at all.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #138
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

+1

Updates take way too long.. I understand that most of the code they had to rewrite during the year isn't a 3 weeks patch-thing but at least include some smaller patches in between those long waits or do something.. Those smaller patches will not fix the game engine but they can fix smaller bugs and graphics, stuff like that doesn't have to wait this long.

People lose focus on this game and start doing other things. Play games they can really enjoy without troubles. Not to mention the complete lack of everything around FHM 15. This new game is probably released within 40-50 days and we still have ZERO information about that game. What's up with that?
How can you not give us information about a new game and expect us to blindly buy it when it releases out of the blue. ( most of us will because of our support but thats not normal ) So what will happen 7 days before FHM 15 releases we get a newsletter that say, Hey buddy FHM 15 will be out next week here is the list with new features have fun.

This feels like a very stealth approach of development that OOTP has at the moment. They probably don't like how the release of the first version went with all the talk about lots of features that would've included and in the end they end up rewriting 65% of the entire game code while they didn't even had time to thinking of adding feature during the year. Btw, I don't care about that, everybody can see how this game has improved from the october version till now but still.

I understand that they don't want us to pin them on something they have said, but this is just getting into a very very stealth approach of development, where it seems like they start coding on features and if they're ready or in some sort of condition that they can't fail anymore.. only then... they release it to the public as a feature of FHM 15.

I don't know if that's the right way of adding features. Look how dead/silence those forums have become because people have zero reasons to be here at all. It's sad, there is also barely any connection between people, while if you take a look at the baseball section those people are just stopping by because OOTP is a daily regular stop for them.

It's also bad how negative I have become but how can you stay positive and still visit on a daily base to nothing at all. There are no 'positive vibes' here, no info, nothing about FHM 15 to look forward to while the time is ticking.. It's normally not even in my nature to be negative about software. If software isn't good I'm out, delete it and never look back but that's the real problem, FHM has potential as a game, everybody can see this it's just that everything on the side is ( with all respect ) so plain amateur.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #139
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

If FHM 15 doesn't have more editing options and only contains updated rosters,then I will probably pass on the next edition.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #140
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
If FHM 15 doesn't have more editing options and only contains updated rosters,then I will probably pass on the next edition.
Next edition? They have not even fixed this edition. Who in their right mind would buy the next edition?.......................................... .........................Z
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote