Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #41
fiji32
Bat Boy

I purchased OOTP 15 yesterday, finally, using the discount through STEAM. After finally being able to download the STEAM program I am able to get into OOTP 15. My question is, do I have to be connected through the internet to STEAM in order to play OOTP 15? Am I not allowed to play offline once OOTP 15 has been downloaded to my computer?
fiji32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #42
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiji32 View Post
I purchased OOTP 15 yesterday, finally, using the discount through STEAM. After finally being able to download the STEAM program I am able to get into OOTP 15. My question is, do I have to be connected through the internet to STEAM in order to play OOTP 15? Am I not allowed to play offline once OOTP 15 has been downloaded to my computer?
You do not have to be online to play the Steam version of OOTP.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #43
Yanksrock02
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiji32 View Post

Edit: I was a little too slow.
Yanksrock02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #44
fiji32
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
You do not have to be online to play the Steam version of OOTP.
Ahhh, figured out that you can click the box for offline. Thanks! Excited to play after taking a year off.
fiji32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #45
robgraves
Bat Boy

I just bought this, OOTP Baseball 15 on steam, looking forward to getting into this
robgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #46
itsmedave
Bat Boy

I registered just to ask this. If we purchase the game on the website are we able to download both the Mac and PC versions or is that exclusive to Steam? I have a both computers and would love to be able to share back and forth between the two. Thanks
itsmedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #47
Andreas Raht
Administrator

If you purchase the license for PC and Mac through our web store, you'll get two "activations", i.e. you can install the game on up to two computers at the same time, PC and/or Mac.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:02 PM   #48
ObtuseMoose
Bat Boy

New purchase

Hello, I purchased OotP 15 today via Steam upon the suggestion of a friend. He has been running a league for us and I wanted to show my support and see how I can interact with the league. He said that when he purchased his version (pre-order from the website) he got two licenses for the game. I looked around the website and somewhere it said that purchasing the game gives two licenses. Is this true for Steam versions or was I missing qualifier such as website only or pre-order only.

I am excited to start playing and am psyched that you're going to make an American Football game as I have been looking for a new one since Madden let me down.
ObtuseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #49
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Steam gives you infinite licenses, as long as you're logged in on that machine.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #50
ObtuseMoose
Bat Boy

So any other machine I want to play OotP on has to have Steam, correct? I want to be able to make the right recommendation to anyone else playing in the league with us. Some of them have said they do not have Steam.

Thank you for your help!
ObtuseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #51
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObtuseMoose View Post
So any other machine I want to play OotP on has to have Steam, correct? I want to be able to make the right recommendation to anyone else playing in the league with us. Some of them have said they do not have Steam.

Thank you for your help!
Yes. But Steam is free and very useful and benign, so unless your league is made up of paranoids you shouldn't have any problems.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #52
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I love the nounjective there.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:19 AM   #53
Swprod
Minors (Double A)

WTF -- Steam

I didn't ask for Steam. I don't like Steam. I don't want Steam. I don't want to wait everytime I start my computer while Steam looks for updates. How do I play OOTP15 without it?
Swprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #54
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swprod View Post
I didn't ask for Steam. I don't like Steam. I don't want Steam. I don't want to wait everytime I start my computer while Steam looks for updates. How do I play OOTP15 without it?
Buy the game directly from OOTP then. No Steam.

You can set up Steam so that it doesn't come on when you start your computer. Shocking knowledge, eh?

75 million of us use Steam. You surely do not have to.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #55
Assos
All Star Starter

There are times I regret not getting the Steam version..... It is nice to have the ability to log on to any machine, but not with my Eve Online account.
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #56
GrimmyDee
Major Leagues

License Question

Ok, here is the scenario. I bought OOTP15 through your site, but unfortunately lost everything some time later to a hard drive crash. I have replaced the hard drive but everything has been restored to the factory settings.

2 Questions:

First, Does the fact that my hard drive crashed before I could uninstall essentially kill one of my activations?

Second, and this may be pretty obvious, but must I repurchase the game from Steam if I want to play on Steam? I have read that pre-orders got Steam keys, but if I read correctly - you choose one install or the other, you cannot get both for one purchase price.

Thanks again!
Grimm
GrimmyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:50 AM   #57
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmyDee View Post
Ok, here is the scenario. I bought OOTP15 through your site, but unfortunately lost everything some time later to a hard drive crash. I have replaced the hard drive but everything has been restored to the factory settings.

2 Questions:

First, Does the fact that my hard drive crashed before I could uninstall essentially kill one of my activations?
No, you can get that activation back. Please send me a request via email or PM with your order ID and product name and I'll reissue the license.

Quote:
Second, and this may be pretty obvious, but must I repurchase the game from Steam if I want to play on Steam? I have read that pre-orders got Steam keys, but if I read correctly - you choose one install or the other, you cannot get both for one purchase price.

Thanks again!
Grimm
Yes, you're right. There's no way to get Steam key and eSellerate license with a single purchase.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #58
tdelotell
Bat Boy

Quote:

2 Questions:

This is, in my opinion, the main benefit of Steam. The OOTP guys obviously are amazingly helpful and will be glad to give you another code for activation, but even more convenient is logging in to Steam and seeing every game you've ever activated. All you have to do is install and you're good to go.
tdelotell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #59
rj58
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Long time customer here. Purchased April 14th, paid full price, not ticked at all. I hope the Steam sale is a huge success. Markus and Andreas deserve it.
I've more than happily paid full price for everything I've bought from OOTP Developments. These guys are more than deserving.
rj58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:54 AM   #60
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

The advantage of being able to install OOTP on any hard drive on any machine at any time is what makes a Steam purchase so valuable to some of us.