Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 24 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2023 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA and the KBO.

Old 02-28-2024, 09:02 PM   #1
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

How to create a monster team in OOTP 24?

Hi all,

Before this, understand I have many "in game" years of experience in OOTP 24. I started by non cheating to win world series with the worst team (Oakland). I did so in the second season (challenge mode second season, non challenge mode first season, all without adjusting settings), after that it became about playing around with the game.

Thought/Question: I assume (gather, hypothesize, etc) that there is some setting in the game that prevents teams from winning too many games (even not in challenge mode). Does anyone know how to adjust the settings to win more games in OOTP 24?

I have played many baseball games before including 4 different versions of OOTP. Each of those games I could create a team that repeatedly won 120+ games, except for OOTP 24. With OOTP 24, regardless of how stacked my team is I struggle to win more than 105 (111 is my most so far). Once I had 110 wins with 10 games to go. My teams regularly are number 1 in Runs scored and ERA and top 5 with DEF. I finished the seasons 1-9 (with a historic monster team). If my offense is stacked my SP's don't do as well, if my offense isn't stacked my SP's have an era under 2.00. It seems the game attempts to create balance in the league, to prevent a historic team from winning to many games.

In previous versions of OOTP I'd have the same problem of when my teams runs scored goes up so does my team ERA, but I could still win 120+ games a year every year.

Almost every year I have a monster offensive/pitching/defense team that in a three game series against the worst team in the league, terrible offense and pitching staff scored 2 runs in 3 games losing all three, while giving up over 7 runs a game each game.

Last edited by Samueltbaum; 02-28-2024 at 10:24 PM.
Samueltbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 09:42 AM   #2
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samueltbaum View Post

Thought/Question: I assume (gather, hypothesize, etc) that there is some setting in the game that prevents teams from winning too many games (even not in challenge mode). Does anyone know how to adjust the settings to win more games in OOTP 24?
You can believe it if you want, but... no.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 01:16 PM   #3
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
You can believe it if you want, but... no.
Thank you for the post. Have you ever won 120 games in a season once or regularly, editing players? Again, 24 is the only baseball MGMT Game I've ever played that I have not been able to do it.

If so how do you do it without?

I've literally stacked teams with the best players at every position, all the best SP's in the game, with a monster bullpen. 111 was the best so far. I had 111 wins 3 out of 4 seasons, the 4th season was 106. I lost in the first round of the playoffs 3 out of 4 times. Each of those seasons I had the most runs scored, the lease runs given up, top defense 2 of the seasons, and top 5 the other two seasons. All of those 111 teams lost in the first round of the the playoff against teams who 85-88 win teams. Once I had 110 wins with 5 games left to go, went 1-4 against two of the worst teams in the game.

Would enjoy any feedback to help me on this quest.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:57 PM   #4
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
No, but then I never edit players. I don't see the fun factor, but you must and that's ok too. It's your game, play it how you want.

OOTP doesn't have two engines, though some will claim it does, or a governor limiting performance. Challenge mode, as you know, limits things a user can do. But doesn't alter actual performance.

I don't try to get under the hood and make a math game out of OOTP. My thought is random chance is the cause of your results. I understand, but am not an expert at statistical probabilities so couldn't comment on what the odds are to "win big" even with a stacked team.

The most games I've won is 124, but not sure which version that was. I manage every inning of every game (including spring training) and get in 2-3 seasons per version, import into the newest when released, and continue the same game. I've done this since v4 which released in 2002. Looking at my history, and counting back, I would guess in was v21 (but could have been v22). Keep in mind though that no players were edited. The season I won 124 I went on an early season win streak. I won 43 straight, without a stacked team. Shows what random chance can do. I'd guess my longest streak other than that might stretch to 14 or 15? And anything like that would be rare.

It has become harder to win over the years with upgraded AI, roster rules, under the hood functions, etc. etc.. Such as rule5, Qualifying offers only allowed to offer once, minor league FA, the new hard trading with reputation that came in v24, etc. etc. Some of these rules weren't in previous versions, others were tightened up to match real life rules making it harder to stack your team. This is a good thing. Before these rules were added/tightened up I had 11 consecutive seasons of 100+ wins.

Since v23 I've had one and that was my first season in v23. First two seasons in v24 I've won 87 and 92. In my third season, I'm trying to complete before
March 15, I'm on pace to win 108. But some key injuries have hit so we'll see where it goes.

Sorry, that's all I've got.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 02:53 PM   #5
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
No, but then I never edit players. I don't see the fun factor, but you must and that's ok too. It's your game, play it how you want.

OOTP doesn't have two engines, though some will claim it does, or a governor limiting performance. Challenge mode, as you know, limits things a user can do. But doesn't alter actual performance.

I don't try to get under the hood and make a math game out of OOTP. My thought is random chance is the cause of your results. I understand, but am not an expert at statistical probabilities so couldn't comment on what the odds are to "win big" even with a stacked team.

The most games I've won is 124, but not sure which version that was. I manage every inning of every game (including spring training) and get in 2-3 seasons per version, import into the newest when released, and continue the same game. I've done this since v4 which released in 2002. Looking at my history, and counting back, I would guess in was v21 (but could have been v22). Keep in mind though that no players were edited. The season I won 124 I went on an early season win streak. I won 43 straight, without a stacked team. Shows what random chance can do. I'd guess my longest streak other than that might stretch to 14 or 15? And anything like that would be rare.

It has become harder to win over the years with upgraded AI, roster rules, under the hood functions, etc. etc.. Such as rule5, Qualifying offers only allowed to offer once, minor league FA, the new hard trading with reputation that came in v24, etc. etc. Some of these rules weren't in previous versions, others were tightened up to match real life rules making it harder to stack your team. This is a good thing. Before these rules were added/tightened up I had 11 consecutive seasons of 100+ wins.

Since v23 I've had one and that was my first season in v23. First two seasons in v24 I've won 87 and 92. In my third season, I'm trying to complete before
March 15, I'm on pace to win 108. But some key injuries have hit so we'll see where it goes.

Sorry, that's all I've got.
Thank you for this. Update I started a new league, just now, stacked all 26 players with 75 (5star) + players. The team had the same average runs score/era that my long sim had but won 125.

I gathered that OOTP 24 was made harder to win. As the previous 3 versions I had It was easy to win 120+ games. While playing them out for a full season, I'd have 140 + wins, even with not monster teams.

So when I first buy any baseball game my first quest is to win a world series as fast as I can with the worst team without any adjusting settings/players, or forcing trades. While simming, playing them out takes a long time, and much easier to win games. I did this with in 24 (2 seasons on challenge mode,1st season non challenge mode). After that its more about playing around with the game to spark new interest for me.

Thank you again for you input! I hope you win 110 wins in your current season.

Last edited by Samueltbaum; 02-29-2024 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:20 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Turn on draft pick trading.

Make sure you get the top 3-5 picks in the draft each year.. you can really abuse the heck out of this by signing FA and trading them, but you can achieve the top 3-5 picks without full abuse, lol.. consolidate your existing picks, then pacakge those up with prospects that slip for better picks (you'll have a cavalcade of teh "Best" players and can have a very high bar as far as what you trade away).

keep recylcing.. trade away aging HoF players that have a suitable prosepct moving up.. you can also keep a regular rotation of cheap premium club-controlled contracts to keep salaries down if you have a cap.

sometimes you have to trade those guys with 1-2 or emore really good years before worrying about age. make sure to not screw yourself with contract lengths or structure... front-load contracts when it makes sense as often as when you backload.. in fact i rarely kick the can down the road.. rather get things paid for now, but sometims it can result in greater financial efficiency to backload occasionally.

When you start winning 130+ games a year, really jack up those ticket prices. May not be able to do it in april and may, but as the wins pile up you might get upto 50/ticket by august etc.. keep testing higher in playoffs... set season ticket prices at your high-water mark. Earn an extra 50M in some contexts.. if you have gate sharing that'll lose a chunk but still worth it.

You can basically do this without draft pick trading but is more difficult.. won't be as deep of a team so injury plagued years might prevent you from winning 120-130+.

be smart with money. spend it efficiently. never paint yourself into corners... try to make future decisiosn have multipl options and when appropriate jump at better options slightly early to avoid a forced decisions at the latest possible moment.. sometimes giving up 1-2 prime yeears keeps you more competitive in the next 5-6+ years.

Big markets should be able to spend their way to 120+ win seasons every year. Small markets will not be as dominant with fewer spots for expensive players.

once you really iron out your revenue streams, you can know how many big-time players you can afford at 30-50M or whatever the scale is of your financial system. you can know when to bail early or trade a guy in prime or not extend etc.... i generally won't sign an expensive long-term contract if they develop late, hit ml mid-20s because half of that contract will be a dumpster fire very often... avoid bonuses pay a little extra so you can avoid as many penalties as possible when you trade someoen like that, if a sign and trade type situation.. .get a coupel years, trade when he has value. never lose a valueable player without getting something in return.

any prospects that start to slip in potential i generally test trade market and if i can get a good return for a player liekly dropping off a cliff, i'll do that too.

less trading games as with draft pick trading, but packing prospects together that you won't use to get somethign you will use -- even if just a cheap 3-year bench player at league minimum or some depth at AAA with no ml-contract until called up is still useful.

maximize elite core of team.. spend as little as possible on stuff that is more geared toward attrition of regular season.. Theplayoffs are what matter.. maximize starating 9 fiedlers, 3-4 SP and 3-4 RP... the rest will barely play in any postseason you are likely to win games.

A top market team can afford 12-15 elite players in these positions...try to keep a steady amount of them on club-controleld contracts as you can.. i've even pre-emptively traded playes due to clumping of ages to avoid a major problem 3-4 years in future. maximize this year, but never mortgage the future either.

Some good carryover strategies from me 'new to the game' post in ootp19 forums. stickied at top. It's just more of the same.. maximizing value.. maximizign devleopment, etc etc.. don't spend on stupid stuff... be realistic about depth.. it's going to be crap layers, so don't spend 5-10m on a crap player on the bench. avoid platoons as athey cost more than they are worth. sometimes it happens.. these are not written in stone and need some gist of what value is.. every context dictates best path. evolve/ adapt as necesary to situation.

Last edited by NoOne; 02-29-2024 at 11:24 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 01:28 AM   #7
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post

Make sure you get the top 3-5 picks in the draft each year.. you can really abuse the heck out of this by signing FA and trading them, but you can achieve the top 3-5 picks without full abuse, lol.. consolidate your existing picks, then pacakge those up with prospects that slip for better picks (you'll have a cavalcade of teh "Best" players and can have a very high bar as far as what you trade away).

keep recylcing.. trade away aging HoF players that have a suitable prosepct moving up.. you can also keep a regular rotation of cheap premium club-controlled contracts to keep salaries down if you have a cap.

sometimes you have to trade those guys with 1-2 or emore really good years before worrying about age. make sure to not screw yourself with contract lengths or structure... front-load contracts when it makes sense as often as when you backload.. in fact i rarely kick the can down the road.. rather get things paid for now, but sometims it can result in greater financial efficiency to backload occasionally.

When you start winning 130+ games a year, really jack up those ticket prices. May not be able to do it in april and may, but as the wins pile up you might get upto 50/ticket by august etc.. keep testing higher in playoffs... set season ticket prices at your high-water mark. Earn an extra 50M in some contexts.. if you have gate sharing that'll lose a chunk but still worth it.

You can basically do this without draft pick trading but is more difficult.. won't be as deep of a team so injury plagued years might prevent you from winning 120-130+.

be smart with money. spend it efficiently. never paint yourself into corners... try to make future decisiosn have multipl options and when appropriate jump at better options slightly early to avoid a forced decisions at the latest possible moment.. sometimes giving up 1-2 prime yeears keeps you more competitive in the next 5-6+ years.

Big markets should be able to spend their way to 120+ win seasons every year. Small markets will not be as dominant with fewer spots for expensive players.

once you really iron out your revenue streams, you can know how many big-time players you can afford at 30-50M or whatever the scale is of your financial system. you can know when to bail early or trade a guy in prime or not extend etc.... i generally won't sign an expensive long-term contract if they develop late, hit ml mid-20s because half of that contract will be a dumpster fire very often... avoid bonuses pay a little extra so you can avoid as many penalties as possible when you trade someoen like that, if a sign and trade type situation.. .get a coupel years, trade when he has value. never lose a valueable player without getting something in return.

any prospects that start to slip in potential i generally test trade market and if i can get a good return for a player liekly dropping off a cliff, i'll do that too.

less trading games as with draft pick trading, but packing prospects together that you won't use to get somethign you will use -- even if just a cheap 3-year bench player at league minimum or some depth at AAA with no ml-contract until called up is still useful.

maximize elite core of team.. spend as little as possible on stuff that is more geared toward attrition of regular season.. Theplayoffs are what matter.. maximize starating 9 fiedlers, 3-4 SP and 3-4 RP... the rest will barely play in any postseason you are likely to win games.

A top market team can afford 12-15 elite players in these positions...try to keep a steady amount of them on club-controleld contracts as you can.. i've even pre-emptively traded playes due to clumping of ages to avoid a major problem 3-4 years in future. maximize this year, but never mortgage the future either.

Some good carryover strategies from me 'new to the game' post in ootp19 forums. stickied at top. It's just more of the same.. maximizing value.. maximizign devleopment, etc etc.. don't spend on stupid stuff... be realistic about depth.. it's going to be crap layers, so don't spend 5-10m on a crap player on the bench. avoid platoons as athey cost more than they are worth. sometimes it happens.. these are not written in stone and need some gist of what value is.. every context dictates best path. evolve/ adapt as necesary to situation.
Thanks for this!! Be mindful OOTP 24 is only time ever I've had an issue of not being able to consistently/easily win over 120 wins, while simming. and appreciate feedback. Below are some responses.

I already had the trade draft picks set up set up. I think one of the things that held me back was I didn't want to hinder other players chances for the Hall of Fame, so I stopped holding onto the best prospects in the league. They make my team when they turn 25, but could've made another team by 21. I also didn't have my bench loaded/Middle Relievers/Long relief jacked (their era was still around my team average though 3.00 ERA.)

With major prospects I'd sign them to 15 year contracts for $5,000,000 or less a year. If they pan out phenomenal steal, if not I just trade them away.

I'm confused how to get 130+ wins though. I started a new league, only played one season of it so far, all 26 players with all the best players in the game at their position, and still only won 125. What gets it up to 130? I adjusted all teams fields to equal effect, so that team shouldn't matter. Does it still matter what team I start with? I always play Oakland, because it was the worst team to start.

I turned off injuries, stopped paying attention to the draft, and simply started trading for the best players at each position. Once they get old, and stats decrease, I swap them out for the next new young monster.

Small market never impacted me, once I started winning 100+ wins a season, budget and market size increased. Most all of the stars make $5000000 or less a year, so budget not to big of an issue, a little higher for offensive players.

My teams generally have the top 3 best player at each position for lineup, 5 of the best SPs, and 3 of the best Relievers. Still with this, I'd often get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs (team with best offense and pitching by a lot in the majors). with a 111 team that loses to an 86 win team (that isn't close to the talent I have on my team).

Thanks again for the feedback.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:32 AM   #8
Iu29
Bat Boy

In the games you play out, did you (1) manage both teams, (2) let the computer manage both teams, or (3) manage "your" team and have the computer manage the other team ? Coming from a "cards and dice" background, I like to manage both teams (and, to be fair, I make a list of possible strategy moves for all the teams in advance). If you let the computer manage the "other" team, does it seem to do worse than the teams managed by humans?

In OOTP24 with the computer managing all the teams, I added four teams of very good to very great players to the 1977 American League, 170 game season- the best of the four teams averaged 151 wins and 19 losses, with the others averaging 146-24, 101-69, and 97-73.

In OOTP23, playing out the games of one "super" team of all-time greats (in a league with 15 all-time great teams based on 3-year record, and 16 "regular 2022 teams), and managing both teams in "my" team's games, the "super" team is currently 73-8.

Using various versions of OOTP and playing 154 game seasons, acting as the GM and setting starting lineups of one particular team, and simulating all games, except if "my" team is still in contention, I play out the last ten regular season games and World Series for "my" team (I manage both teams in those games I play out)- in 14 seasons so far from 1976-89, "my" team (using recalc based on real-life stats) has won 6 pennants and 4 WS (with only one losing season) but has never won 100 games in a season (99-55 is my best record so far).

Last edited by Iu29; 03-01-2024 at 02:33 AM. Reason: adding info
Iu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 02:58 AM   #9
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iu29 View Post
In the games you play out, did you (1) manage both teams, (2) let the computer manage both teams, or (3) manage "your" team and have the computer manage the other team ? Coming from a "cards and dice" background, I like to manage both teams (and, to be fair, I make a list of possible strategy moves for all the teams in advance). If you let the computer manage the "other" team, does it seem to do worse than the teams managed by humans?

In OOTP24 with the computer managing all the teams, I added four teams of very good to very great players to the 1977 American League, 170 game season- the best of the four teams averaged 151 wins and 19 losses, with the others averaging 146-24, 101-69, and 97-73.

In OOTP23, playing out the games of one "super" team of all-time greats (in a league with 15 all-time great teams based on 3-year record, and 16 "regular 2022 teams), and managing both teams in "my" team's games, the "super" team is currently 73-8.

Using various versions of OOTP and playing 154 game seasons, acting as the GM and setting starting lineups of one particular team, and simulating all games, except if "my" team is still in contention, I play out the last ten regular season games and World Series for "my" team (I manage both teams in those games I play out)- in 14 seasons so far from 1976-89, "my" team (using recalc based on real-life stats) has won 6 pennants and 4 WS (with only one losing season) but has never won 100 games in a season (99-55 is my best record so far).
Thanks for response. Whatever version I actually play out the game I always manage only my team. My goal is to wrack up stats and win as much as I can without cheats. So option 3. I've only played 10 games (10-0) in OOTP 24, but have played out years in previous versions. Losing was a rarity when I played out years after I trade up to a monster team. Don't remember most wins, but it was regularly over 140 wins, maybe 150 but don't remember.

In the 10 games I played out in OOTP 24 in challenge mode, it seemed to be just as easy to win when playing out. My strategy was always take all pitches until strike 2, then swing away. Can still hit over .300, but OBP can get up past .500 with great players, while many games score over 20 runs because all opposing pitchers get tired, and batters start to pitch, then I standardly wreck havoc. Never more than 40 runs though. At some point the opposing batters tend to turn into cy young pitchers and shut my team down once I've scored 30+ runs.

Pitching I could go entire seasons with giving up less than 1 walk a game, many players give up no walks. pitch-pitch, simply pitch each pitch (number 1), then once 3 walks pitch to contact. Rarely give up a walk, even with terrible control pitchers. ERA in previous versions often under 3 with solid players, and under 2 for great players.
Old 03-01-2024, 04:32 AM   #10
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you for the post. Have you ever won 120 games in a season once or regularly, editing players? Again, 24 is the only baseball MGMT Game I've ever played that I have not been able to do it.

Yes I have. Also has teams loose that many as well. Had seasons with two 130 game winners once as well.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 12:40 PM   #11
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post

Went back into my longs career, first season back. Reloaded my team with monster players at every position. Preseason predicitions had my team winning 122. Before the last month my team had a .650 winning percentage (still great, but not close to 122 pace).

That team ended up finishing the last month and a couple days with 7 losses to finish with 110 wins. Still great, but not in the 120s.

My coaching staff is loaded as well with legendary pitching, hitting, Development, Aging, Mech, teaching skills, at their perspective positions, with all excellent cohesion..

Last edited by Samueltbaum; 03-01-2024 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:54 PM   #12
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

In that first season back I just lost in the playoffs in the Al championship series in 6 games.

My team had the best ERA by a lot, the most runs, best BA, Most home runs in the league by alot....

I don't get think about it as much if I lose to a great team...

I lost to a team that had 90 wins.... the 26th best era in the league 5th best in ba, 20th in home runs..... Now that wouldn't confuse me if I lost while still scoring a lot of runs..... In the 6 game series, One of the worst pitching staff in the league shut out the best offense in the league twice, and had a third game that I only scored 1 run (this was simming, I have no doubt I would've destroyed if I actually played the game out).
Old 03-01-2024, 01:04 PM   #13
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

hahahahh, just simmed the world series.

That much weaker team I got wooped by just lost in the World series to the St. Louis Cardinals 4-1.. To a team that was 80-82, had the 24th best BA in the league, 21st in runs scored, 10th in era, 29th in defense..... I get anything can happen in baseball, but this is just absurd....
Old 03-01-2024, 02:18 PM   #14
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
hahahahh, just simmed the world series.

That much weaker team I got wooped by just lost in the World series to the St. Louis Cardinals 4-1.. To a team that was 80-82, had the 24th best BA in the league, 21st in runs scored, 10th in era, 29th in defense..... I get anything can happen in baseball, but this is just absurd....
What's absurd is letting an 80-82 team into the playoffs.

Pirates Play Moneyball 1951 to 2008 46,000 views and counting!
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 03:12 PM   #15
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

With the way the playoff structure is designed, an 80 win team could win their division. The St. Louis Cardinals in 2006 won world series with 83 wins. Initially when I saw this I was agitated, but then I realized that none of the teams they beat were monster teams (might've won 90+ wins, but nothing to write home about).

My confusion with this game specifically ootp 24, is how a team full of all-stars could lose to junk teams, regularly in the regular season and postseason. There has to be something I am missing.

Again if I actually played the games I would destroy, but and currently focused on making a whole lot of players Hall of Famers, and trying to break career records. Playing the games, take too long for current quest.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:50 PM   #16
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

I've attached a few photos. In this sim I have a team loaded with players like this that should be Aaron Judge, and turn into Austin Riley. But realistically a team filled with 9 Austin Rileys numbers would completely destroy the league. My entire team is loaded with players that show their resulting ratings are this or better. The players still end up doing well for their careers but rarely if ever touch that stats their profile say they will get.

I don't edit any of their ratings in this sim session, as I want it more realistic. But even without editing they are complete monsters, that should be hitting .300/.400/.600 regularly. Instead of this they hit, .275/.360/.500 in their prime.

A team loaded with Aaron Judges and Justin Verlander would completely wreck havoc (and has in previous versions of OOTP). But with this league its a struggle to win 110 wins. While getting swept/shut out giving up 10 runs to the worst teams in the league every year many games.

I have already been doing advice given to win 130+ wins, and never win more than 111. Only time I did win 120+ was starting a new league, played one season with 26 players that were all 75+, most of which 80+.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong to not have my players live up to their potential? My coaching staff is legendary with great relationships with players as well.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Samueltbaum; 03-01-2024 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:57 PM   #17
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
With the way the playoff structure is designed, an 80 win team could win their division. The St. Louis Cardinals in 2006 won world series with 83 wins.
If you repeat the mistakes of MLB that's on you.

Old 03-01-2024, 04:00 PM   #18
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong to not have my players live up to their potential? My coaching staff is legendary with great relationships with players as well.
Based on your stated success with OOTP22 and 23 and your lack of success with 24 which you attribute to some sort of change in the program that penalizes good teams, what you're doing wrong is playing 24 instead of 22 or 23.

Old 03-01-2024, 04:03 PM   #19
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
If you repeat the mistakes of MLB that's on you.
What mistakes? That 80 win team was a wild card team. The division the NL was just weaker that year. and that wasn't even the team that beat me.
Old 03-01-2024, 04:11 PM   #20
Samueltbaum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
Based on your stated success with OOTP22 and 23 and your lack of success with 24 which you attribute to some sort of change in the program that penalizes good teams, what you're doing wrong is playing 24 instead of 22 or 23.
21 was the last version I had, no idea if 22 or 23 was any different. I'm simply curious if there is some setting that I can change to have players live up to their potential? Again, this save is simply me playing around try to destroy the league, and records that I've been able to do in every other baseball game I've ever played.

In 21 I'd have team filled with Mike Trouts and Justin Verlanders (Best players at all positions). My offense would completely destroy, all the hitters would have a career of years that their stats lived up to their ratings. My pitchers in 21 wouldn't they'd have era's under 3.00 before joining my team, the second any of them joined my team, their era would skyrocket to 4.00+ every year.

With that version I simply understood there was some sort of setting that evened out my offense and pitching. Great offense team resulted in ERA increase. Weak offense team resulted in Great ERA teams. But I still was able to win 130+ games a year every year.