Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Fighter Database

Old 10-18-2004, 10:10 AM   #1
TB Database

George Chuvalo (000119)

Old 12-12-2004, 10:51 AM   #2
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Chuvalo was born in Toronto, Ontario Canada September 12, 1937. He had a wing-span of 76 inches and at his peak weighed in at 215 lbs. His chief trainer was Ted McWhirter and his manager was Irv Ungerman. One of his nicknames was The Toronto Tank.

Last edited by Cap; 12-12-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #3
Mad Bomber
All Star Starter

Chuvalo's Cut Men during his career were Freddie Brown and
Whitey Bimstein.

Greg

There are three things that go on a fighter, first your reflexes go, then your chin goes, and then your friends go.

Willie Pep
Mad Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I've been watching old videos of Chuvalo at his best in the mid '60s (DeJohn, Jones, Patterson, etc) and really believe the guy's defence was underrated. He didn't get hit flush anywhere near as often as many of the bonehead Toronto sportswriters would have you believe. He slipped some, blocked a lot and took plenty on his shoulders. He had a good jab too, better than a lot of modern heavies. A few of his losses in those days can be blamed on pure bad luck and weird circumstances (read his autobio). Claims he was a dirty fighter were based on the fact he was a body-puncher who threw in volume, some of which are going to stray with the other guy moving too. It was also the cause of some of his points losses, as even then judges were more impressed by head shots than belts to the guts.

Cap
Attached Images

Last edited by Cap; 12-29-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
I've been watching old videos of Chuvalo at his best in the mid '60s (DeJohn, Jones, Patterson, etc) and really believe the guy's defence was underrated. He didn't get hit flush anywhere near as often as many of the bonehead Toronto sportswriters would have you believe. He slipped some, blocked a lot and took plenty on his shoulders. He had a good jab too, better than a lot of modern heavies. A few of his losses in those days can be blamed on pure bad luck and weird circumstances (read his autobio). Claims he was a dirty fighter were based on the fact he was a body-puncher who threw in volume, some of which are going to stray with the other guy moving too. It was also the cause of some of his points losses, as even then judges were more impressed by head shots than belts to the guts.

Cap
Haven't spent much time looking at Chuvalo. Remember you running him against a post-prime Liston and getting the stoppage win.

How you done your own rating for him Cap?

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson
bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
Cap
Hall Of Famer

This is what I have for George. I don't recall where this came from or if I've altered it.

Cap
Attached Images
Old 01-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

He's at Beginning career stage there Cap. A screenshot of Prime career stage be great.

"I occasionally agreed to carry an opponent, almost always in what is known as a tune-up fight. I never considered it morally wrong as long as I was winning the fight. I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me." Sugar Ray Robinson
Old 01-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #8
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_bask View Post
He's at Beginning career stage there Cap. A screenshot of Prime career stage be great.

Well....I'll be dar......you're right. I'll be right back.

Cap
Old 01-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #9
Cap
Hall Of Famer

This says default. I'm taking this from the latest version of the game as I'm less likely to have tinkered with it.....but you never know.

That fight on ropes actually should be set to the highest possible because that was where Chuvalo really liked to work.

Cap
Attached Images

Last edited by Cap; 01-01-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #10
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for that Cap. That looks to be your version of Chuvalo. I've copied ratings and attached.

Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Chuvalo_George.tbdx3 (1.8 KB, 363 views)