Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 11-20-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Penfold

Having taken some time to try and process this news it is with great sadness that I have to tell those who have got to know Matt through the forum that he passed away in hospital this morning. Matt had been very bravely battling cancer for over a year and throughout that time has been a contributor to the forums, a researcher and tester on FHM2. I'm sure your prayers and thoughts, like mine, will be with his family at this very sad time.
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:10 PM   #2
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

That's awful news. My condolences to all his family and friends.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:50 PM   #3
RoPa
All Star Reserve

Rest in Peace Matt.
RoPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:51 PM   #4
mschinner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That is awful. He always had something positive to say. He will be truly missed.
mschinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:05 PM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Wow, I'm just speechless at the moment. Just today I wondered about his silence on the research team and when I saw this thread I feared to open it.

We had big fights in the past over fhm 2014 before we just talked it through, he became part of the FHM family a few month before fhm 2 release when he joined the research team. He was a big part why FHM 2 made a big step up, he jumped in and took over many duties so we could concentrate on coding. He also was always in good mood, which helped us to stay calm in all the stressfull days leading up to release. He will leave a big, empty space on the team, which we will never be able to fill. He had so many dreams and wishes for the future of the game, it breaks my heart that he will not be around to see them come through in the future.

But we will continue to work hard on FHM, so he can look down on us and be proud of what he helped to get better every day, what he loved to play every day. We will make sure that he will never be forgotten and that he will always be part of FHM.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Matt was a great guy!

I lost my mom to cancer, now Matt ... **** cancer ...
Old 11-20-2015, 05:11 PM   #6
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

A sad loss, may God bless his family and friends with strength and comfort as they grieve their loss.
Justmeingardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:41 PM   #7
Duranium
All Star Starter

....a great, helpful, funny guy .......Godspeed, Matt

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #8
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

It is so hard to believe Sebastian. I last spoke to him on Monday and we exchanged a few texts before his surgery on Tuesday. His brother in law Jake had told me on Wednesday that he had come through the operation but was in intensive care in a stable condition. The phone call I got today was devastating and so unexpected.

He had a huge passion for FHM and even when we went to the hockey together we would spend ages discussing the game. I only knew him for about 16 months but he was a great friend and I will really miss him.

Last edited by Mickeyb37; 11-20-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #9
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

This is sad indeed.. My condolences to all of his family and friends.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:24 PM   #10
Cole
Hall Of Famer

So sorry to hear this. He was a fantastic team member and a very positive influence on the community. My deepest condolences.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:01 PM   #11
Spirits
Major Leagues

I haven't been here for long, but judging from the work he had done in here, you can tell he was really dedicated and he was extremely willing to help as well. This feels absolutely surreal to me and I don't think I can even express myself with words.

>> CZECH TIPSPORT EXTRALIGA MEGATHREAD

Last edited by Spirits; 11-24-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Spirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:04 PM   #12
Pwal
All Star Starter

So sad and so sorry to hear this. RIP Penfold. My sincere condolences to his family.
Pwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:21 PM   #13
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I'm shocked to hear this. He will be greatly missed here. My heart goes out to his kids and family. Thank you Mickey for letting us know.

Last edited by dave1927p; 11-20-2015 at 11:25 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:49 PM   #14
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I didn't know the Matt but I do remember him from the mod section of the forums and by the sounds of it he was a great guy. All i have to say is F cancer and my thoughts are with his family at this horrible time.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:19 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

Damnit. As Sebastian said, Matt had been a huge help in the last few months. The last time I talked to him last week, his main concern was getting Mickeyb37 on board with the research team to fill in while he was out with what he expected to be a long rehab after his surgery.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:38 AM   #16
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I'd just seen his post recently about how he would be taking a leave of absence for surgery and from my time with the beta testing, I got to see him a little more often before, along with just the general posting about the game before its release. It really seemed like he had a passion for this game and couldn't wait to see it succeed and play it and help make it better. It's tragic he won't get to enjoy the fruits of his labor any further, and just as a whole, terrible to hear this.

I was hoping this wouldn't be the news when I saw the topic, but it's good that we know what happened. I may not have known him personally or spoke to him myself, but seeing him around the forum and always positive and upbeat made it seem like we really did know each other. It's going to be hard to believe he won't be around anymore. As others have said, RIP Penfold and a big "F U" (to keep it clean) to cancer.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:07 AM   #17
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Damnit. As Sebastian said, Matt had been a huge help in the last few months. The last time I talked to him last week, his main concern was getting Mickeyb37 on board with the research team to fill in while he was out with what he expected to be a long rehab after his surgery.
He had been hassling me for months to get involved like a dog with a bone. However, the shifts I was doing and ferrying kids to various clubs etc made it impossible at the time. He kept saying 'you would be great doing this, you could do ratings, email Jeff'. He was always very positive. Behind the positivity though he never quite convinced me that he wasn't sicker than he was telling people he was. The last hockey game we were at he was very thin and we left during the first period as he was sore and uncomfortable in his seat. Being Matt he said 'I'm off to get a taxi you enjoy the rest of the game'. I left with him and drove him home and it was like he was just enveloped with pain as he started to get a really bad headache. Before that I really had no idea just how bad things were. It is so hard to believe the news partly because of his positive way and had he not got the headache he would have probably laughed going home off and said he was having a bad night but thinking about that night I felt that this wasn't a guy who was getting better. So sad. I hate that f'ing disease.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #18
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

Very sorry to hear. My prayers and condolences to his family. I appreciate the work he's done and the patience, understanding and the voice of reason he was during the rough days of FHM2014 and the lead up to FHM2.
nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:04 PM   #19
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

Thoughts and prayers are with his family during this difficult time, and with you Mickeyb37, it is hard to lose a close friend.

My older mods-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=28c2b...3&action=Share

My newer mods (updated logos)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Fg?usp=sharing
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:35 AM   #20
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

That's terrible. GREAT guy.. He'lll truly be missed. RIP Matt

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com