Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

New Fictional League Seeking Founders/GM's

After weeks of searching, both for OOTP 14 AND 13, I have not found many leagues that have suited my preferences. As such, I am looking into the idea of starting a brand new fictional league for OOTP14, and I am writing this post in hopes of finding an individual or group of individuals who would like to help shape this league from the ground up, either from a Co-Commish, "Board Member", or even as a regular GM who would like a say in league matters from the ground up.

Hopefully, at this point, I have garnered your interest, but if not, I urge you to read on.

About Me:

I have been playing OOTP since version 8, and have been involved in online leagues on and off since then. I was lucky in that the first league I ever joined in OOTP 8 was the best league I have ever played in hands down. Since then, I have had trouble finding a league that not only is able to stay for the long haul, but that also meets the same immersiveness. A few leagues I have been a part of have had the potential, but for one reason or another have died out. I have a lot of experience as a GM, but more importantly, in shaping leagues from the foundation up. I have been a Commish previously and know what it takes to create an amazing league that is fun for everyone to participate in. I know some amazing leagues currently exist, but if you are like me, you want to be a part of creating the league's history, and not necessarily jumping in 20 years down the road.

About the New League:

Many things will be up for negotiation and discussion among founding members, but some things will not. Among things I will not bend on are the following:

OOTP Version: OOTP14
Game Needed: Yes
Players: Fictional
League Time Per Sim: 7 Days
Scouting: OFF
Coaches: OFF
Ratings: 1-10 (Current and Potential)
Season Length: 120-140 or so. The point is to not use 162 so that league records are unique to OUR league.

Some other elements I am very particular about because I understand that creating an amazing league is not only about the present but about anticipating the future. I have kickstarted many new initiatives in my leagues that are original and increase fun and activity. I love focusing on history and records and the league develops. Will that all-time HR record ever be broken? Which players will be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

Why Fictional Players?

I have played in both fictional and real MLB leagues over the years and it is my opinion that fictional leagues are hands down the best. They allow for parity among teams on a financial and competitive level and seem to have a greater potential to last longer. In a great fictional league the players almost develop into real people, and there are no expectations of how a player SHOULD perform based on real life.

Still Interested?

Reply to this thread or send an email to spider_monkey_224@hotmail.com.

I am looking for people who are interested in the following positions or can help out with the following:

- Co-commish (possibly able to run sims)
- Board Members (a smaller group of GM's who focus on league growth and rule development/changes before they are presented to the rest of the league)
- Regular GM's
- Someone who can webhost (I can find my own if necessary)

I look forward to hearing from many interested people who are looking to create one of the best and longest-lasting fictional leagues around.
spider_monkey_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

I'd be interested in being a regular GM
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

Hi ezpkns34. If you have AIM please add me at hanoverhurricane.

I am compiling a list of all those interested in the new league and sorting out roles so that those who wish to partake in league setup discussion can get going.

I have had quite a few people interested who replied by email, and am pleased with the number who are interested in being a co-commish.

Anyone else interested can also add me on AIM at hanoverhurricane and we can get some more discussion going.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

The league is quickly taking shape!

Right now the plan is to run 3 or 4 separate leagues of 8 teams each. We would run on a modified schedule of 120 games.

Each league would be based in a specific nation with the top 3 teams from each nation making the playoffs. The first place team would receive a bye while 2nd and 3rd would play a series for the right to battle 1st for the National Title.

Now the cool part...national champions from each league would then face off to crown the ultimate world champion!!!

We will start with either 24 or 32 teams depending on interest. About 8-9 teams are already claimed.

Email me at spider_monkey_224@hotmail.com to get in on this awesome league!

League file and website/forum are in progress.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Will all the leagues be using the DH?
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
Will all the leagues be using the DH?
At present, none of the major leagues will use the DH.

However, that is based on my own personal preference and that of another league member I spoke with last night. It would certainly be a topic I would be open to changing based on league member's desires.

So, no DH for the major leagues, but all minors would use a DH in order to get more at bats for developing hitters, but that can be modified based on strong league preference.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

Just to elaborate, part of the reason for suggesting no DH is that it makes managerial decisions more challenging. Is a big bat with a fielding liability worth playing? Can that player be moved to 1B to keep his bat in the lineup?

I think it puts an equal emphasis on offense and defense when deciding on lineups.

But as I mentioned in my above post, if dudes like the DH we can have the DH. I'm flexible on this one.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #8
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_monkey_b View Post
Just to elaborate, part of the reason for suggesting no DH is that it makes managerial decisions more challenging. Is a big bat with a fielding liability worth playing? Can that player be moved to 1B to keep his bat in the lineup?

I think it puts an equal emphasis on offense and defense when deciding on lineups.

But as I mentioned in my above post, if dudes like the DH we can have the DH. I'm flexible on this one.
Well, the reason I asked Is because I HATE the DH for all the reasons you mentioned and more!

SO I have a go at it... Put me down for a regular GM and I can probably handle helping as a Board member too If you need another guy for that.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

I'm interested....My aim is LisaKidsNPoker
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
Well, the reason I asked Is because I HATE the DH for all the reasons you mentioned and more!

SO I have a go at it... Put me down for a regular GM and I can probably handle helping as a Board member too If you need another guy for that.
Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKomrska15 View Post
I'm interested....My aim is LisaKidsNPoker
I'll reserve a spot for each of you. I have got web hosting as of this morning and will be working on a forum/website that will hopefully be ready for Sunday night.

Can I get an email address from each of you so I can send league wide updates?

If you don't want to post it publicly, send me an email at spider_monkey_224@hotmail.com so I can get your address.

Thanks again, and we still have open spots!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_monkey_b View Post
Excellent!

I'll reserve a spot for each of you. I have got web hosting as of this morning and will be working on a forum/website that will hopefully be ready for Sunday night.

Can I get an email address from each of you so I can send league wide updates?

If you don't want to post it publicly, send me an email at spider_monkey_224@hotmail.com so I can get your address.

Thanks again, and we still have open spots!

e-mail sent
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 05-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

Email sent
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
hendersondayton
Minors (Single A)

Email Sent.

Last edited by hendersondayton; 05-24-2013 at 01:40 PM.
hendersondayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #14
CUBEicle
Minors (Single A)

Email sent.
CUBEicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

Everybody who has replied to this post has been contacted.

At present we have about 18 GM's signed up. If we fill the 3rd league, we'll expand to 4 leagues and 32 teams prior to opening day.

Also, proper post with forum/site coming later this weekend.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
mrking81012
Minors (Single A)

Email Sent.
mrking81012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #17
drprestwood
All Star Starter

email sent.
drprestwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #18