Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-07-2020, 10:04 PM   #21
mayday10
Minors (Double A)

I agree with the trade process complaints. It's very rigid.

Historical mode minors needs work. I would like the teams to compile win-loss records of some sort. I realize nhl minors were all over the place, but maybe give the option to consolidate into an "ahl", bring in fictional "ahl vets" to fill rosters, and play a full schedule. Seeing all those zeroes breaks immersion, and it would be great to see my farm do well.

I also agree with make your affiliation a little more interactive. Nhl teams didnt have their meat hooks too deep into ahl/ihl teams until somewhat recently, but maybe provide some sort of interaction
mayday10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #22
Habitant4Life
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Everyone's brought up some good points. I don't know if I can add anything new, but I'll list what I'd like to see improved.

1. Historical minors need to be integrated better into the game. If I'm sending 19-year-old Brett Hull down to the Moncton Golden Flames (hometown name drop) I want to see him progress and go on a goal-scoring tear in the minors.

2. Defensive play doesn't matter as much as it should. When I first started playing the game, I would try to build my team around a philosophy that I felt would work, and that was to stock up on two-way forwards, grinders, defensive defensemen, etc. I didn't get the results I wanted to see from the boring trap hockey style that I implemented. I started experimenting by going heavy on offense and disregarding defense altogether, and that's what I've been using to breeze through the historical challenges I've completed. It just seems odd that a prime Bob Gainey averages game ratings in the mid-50s, while Paul Coffey, in the twilight of his career, can still hit the 80 range for game ratings.

3. Piggybacking off of my second point, the physical play seems nonexistent in this game. You'll never see a big open-ice hit change the momentum of the game, or a fight motivate either team and on most occasions, it seems like even if you deliver a bone-crunching hit, the recipient brushes it off immediately and still has possession of the puck. It's really a shame because the AI sees no value in keeping enforcers around, and enforcer stats aren't even calculated properly.

Bob Probert is rated higher as an agitator than he is as an enforcer. There has to be some middle-ground to be found, not every pest drops the gloves, and not every enforcer tries to be a pest. All of this you can argue doesn't matter for the current NHL, but this is such a crucial ingredient for historical play. I won't even touch a Broad Street Bullies playthrough because I know from my experience, the game engine favors offense far more than defensive or physical players.

4. Like everybody has mentioned, OOTP has a great feature to make trading a time-saver. It would be nice if we had something similar, or if we could get feedback from the GM on what he would like to acquire from us.
Habitant4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:26 AM   #23
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

- In the tactics screen for 4-on-4 and 3-on-3, there are still some 5-on-5 options available, like 2-3, 1-2-1-1, etc. That doesn't make sense when there are less players on the ice, it should be adjusted accordingly.

- We can only play with a 12+8 lineup, but it should also be possible to play with 13+7

- In the search screen, I'd like to be able to sort players by their role values. For example, I want to see who has the highest value as "Counterattacking Foward", or who as "Shutdown Defenseman", etc

- I'd like to be able to create my own preseason schedule

- The WJC should have the correct groups and schedule (not sure about the men's Worlds, I'm not that far yet)

- International tournaments should also exist in historical game. Okay, not in every year, that would take forever to build such a database. But maybe just add the big tournaments with NHL participation: Olympics between 1998 and 2014 + the Summit Series/Canada Cups/WCHs. For minor nations, such as Italy or Belarus, simply create the 23-man roster from the tournament.

- If i can take over a new club team in the middle of a savegame, I should also be able to do that with a national team

- National team rosters should be saved between the tournaments, not emptied. Saved lineups don't work with national teams, even if the same 23 players return.

- A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, and has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b) - this is not the case in the game, demotions always require waivers

- The player search screen is veeery rudimentary, the filters should include much more variables. Random example: I want to search for a LW who has at least 14 in Offensive Read, a cap hit of max 5M, and is under contract for at least the next 3 years.

The latter four things work in Eastside Hockey Manager, which is an older game, so it's possible

Last edited by Irr11; 04-10-2020 at 09:17 AM.
Irr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:08 PM   #24
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

1. Injury Setting

2. Training Camps
SirMichaelJordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:48 PM   #25
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teloch View Post
1) Better filters for staff/player search. F.ex. if I want to find an assistant coach with four specific attributes at 14+, I don't want to scroll through pages and pages of people who don't fit that specific category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Please can you consider things like l'ooking to rebuild through the draft', or 'wants to add bottom six forward depth' etc to indicate what a team's needs are. It would also be good if we could also set out our trade intentions using similar terms.

In game this could be on the trading screens but also as a news item i.e.: 'A respected hockey insider is reporting that TEAM A want to add a top-four defenceman'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekcut View Post
2) More filter options. I want to find a guy with 15 Speed, 15 Hitting, who scored 20 goals last year making under $6mil with more than 1yr left on his contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
Adding the number of 3 star selections of a player for each season in one of the player's info screens
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwcu View Post
More options for playoffs - currently I have 24 teams with 8 team playoff, 4 per conference. I can't set division winners to automatically have a spot. So with three divisions, one had three teams, one had one team, and one division had no team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irr11 View Post
- In the search screen, I'd like to be able to sort players by their role values. For example, I want to see who has the highest value as "Counterattacking Foward" value, or who as "Shutdown Defenseman", etc.
- The player search screen is veeery rudimentary, the filters should include much more variables. Random example: I want to search for a LW who has at least 14 in Offensive Read, at least 12 in Checking, and has a cap hit of max 5M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
2. Training Camps
I agree with all of these. The game is still light years better than FHM 4.
On the corpse. My question is...
No, my question. I get to go first. Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on corpse?
Quote:
Cause there's a 50-50 chance a malnourished monkey is gonna pop up out of a toilet, shoot you in the face with a speargun.
johnnybourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:14 PM   #26
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybourbon View Post
I agree with all of these. The game is still light years better than FHM 4.
But it's light years behind FHM6.
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:13 PM   #27
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

This one existed in the old EA Sports Football/Soccer Manager: you could "talk" to players, i.e. you had standard sentences you could tell them. For example, "great game". Usually, this would increase the mood of the player, but it could also make him complacent. Or "I expect more from you!". Depending on how he can handle criticism (and I think this rating exists in FHM), he'd either be offended or it'd increase his motivation to be better next time. There were many more of these interactions that would affect the mood of the players, but you still had to be careful: for example, if you repeated a motivational sentence too often, it'd get annoying and thus have a reverse effect.
There was also the option to say something to your team before a game, especially before rivalries, which would fit well with FHM6's new feature. It increased their intensity for that game. You could also talk at half-time. If you were down by a few goals you could yell at them and it'd fire them up.
And you also had the option "this is the game of the year!", which you could use only once per season but the effect was like the mushroom in Super Mario.

In summary: I miss interacting with players in FHM.

Last edited by Irr11; 04-14-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Irr11 is offline   Reply With Quote