Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-07-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
Dington
Minors (Single A)

Victor Robles - Live vs Future

Victor Robles Diamond - 96
Victor Robles Live - 88

But the ratings are virtually identical...can someone explain the difference in overall rating? Sorry, can't seem to paste screen grab to compare the players
Dington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:54 PM   #2
LandiHero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not really an answer, but I saw both in my league so I figured I should post the comparison. Identical defensive ratings to max CF at 84, and FWIW the future legend Robles has one more control in his pitching ratings (to bring him to 11). Maybe it's because the future legend ratings won't move based on irl performance, but I wouldn't think that should result in an 8 rating jump. Live Robles on the left, Future Legend on the right.
Attached Images
Old 05-07-2019, 10:04 PM   #3
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I have long thought that a card's eye rating carries far more weight towards the OVR than any other singular rating. This does nothing to contradict this belief.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:23 PM   #4
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Future Legend card is fixed upon release.

LIVE card is going to change based on ZIPS projections changing during current MLB season. So ZIPS must like what it is currently seeing out of Robles.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #5
Semtextual
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Seems like a lot of the Live cards are getting better than their future legend cards. Not sure if that is intended, Live Robles for me is currently beasting the last 3 seasons.
Semtextual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
Future Legend card is fixed upon release.

LIVE card is going to change based on ZIPS projections changing during current MLB season. So ZIPS must like what it is currently seeing out of Robles.
Live cards change based on the stats a player produces, not by any changes in projections.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:17 PM   #7
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Your explanation does not make sense in light of Pete Alonso being downgraded to gold from diamond this week.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
Your explanation does not make sense in light of Pete Alonso being downgraded to gold from diamond this week.
He was 5/27 with 1 HR and 2 walks last week. .185 avg, .241 OBP. That's enough to move his batting ratings down a notch.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #9
Dington
Minors (Single A)

Matt, can you shed some light on the 8 point overall discrepancy with such little rating difference between the two Robles cards?
Dington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:46 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dington View Post
Matt, can you shed some light on the 8 point overall discrepancy with such little rating difference between the two Robles cards?

I try not to dig too deep into the PT rating algorithms, and prefer to leave that to Markus I know cards are rated on slightly different scales in some situations, but I can't tell you when or how or why since I don't have those answers. If you think the cards are roughly equal, then I'd suggest simply investing in the cheaper one.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:44 PM   #11
ruffyen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I have long thought that a card's eye rating carries far more weight towards the OVR than any other singular rating. This does nothing to contradict this belief.
And it looks like you wouldnt be entirely wrong...using a small sample of players from my current league (DiL)

It would seem that Eye and Power have the highest correlation with Value. With Bunt for Hit and Avoid K's actually having a negative correlation. CON17 is Contact for hitters and CON26 is Control for pitchers. There is probably some work I could do to isolate hitters from pitchers here...but this is just a quick review.

Last edited by ruffyen; 05-08-2019 at 08:46 PM.
ruffyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:51 PM   #12
ruffyen
Minors (Single A)

Ok decided to look a little deeper...

This is filtered to only hitters...Pow, Eye, Gap, Contact, Avoid K's in that order for Card value....in my sample of players.

ruffyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:53 PM   #13
joehart
All Star Starter

I really hope you can continue to produce such data once you hit Perfect league and lock down the data to a single type of league over multiple seasons.

It is always nice to see how data starts to make more sense (and support some of our arguments) as we have more season.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote