Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:45 PM   #1
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

question...not sure where to post this

my computer's hard drive lost everything last weekend. I don't remember my OOTP 18 license number. How much is a new license?
bcduggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
Juggernt
Major Leagues

It should be in your email, which I assume is saved somewhere other than your hard drive.
Juggernt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:51 PM   #3
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernt View Post
It should be in your email, which I assume is saved somewhere other than your hard drive.
A fellow OOTPer gave me a license last year. I just copied and pasted it over. I never wrote it down or unlicensed it before my hard drive erased everything.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:10 AM   #4
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan View Post
A fellow OOTPer gave me a license last year. I just copied and pasted it over. I never wrote it down or unlicensed it before my hard drive erased everything.
Wait? What? Someone gave you their extra license?
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:27 AM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

yeah, i don't think you should post that here, lol. i've seen others say they gave their 2nd one to a family member before.. so i don't think you need to lock your doors or anything, lol.

just might not get help if it violates their eula.

i'm all for the concept that once you buy somethign it's yours to do with as you please. 'legal' most certainly does not equal 'just'.

apple is a profound violator of eula nonsense. ootp, not so much unless we catch them snooping or something.

back in the dos days i used a program called "no-cd.exe". kinda stupid to have a cd-rom spinning when nothing is being used off of it. loud, annoying, uselss = don't give 2 cents about doing as i wish with my property.

had a cdma razr on verizon long before other people. wow, time is flying!
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #6
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
yeah, i don't think you should post that here, lol. i've seen others say they gave their 2nd one to a family member before.. so i don't think you need to lock your doors or anything, lol.

just might not get help if it violates their eula.

i'm all for the concept that once you buy somethign it's yours to do with as you please. 'legal' most certainly does not equal 'just'.

apple is a profound violator of eula nonsense. ootp, not so much unless we catch them snooping or something.

back in the dos days i used a program called "no-cd.exe". kinda stupid to have a cd-rom spinning when nothing is being used off of it. loud, annoying, uselss = don't give 2 cents about doing as i wish with my property.

had a cdma razr on verizon long before other people. wow, time is flying!
You do realize ootp offers volume discounts, right? Not sure how many minimum need to be bought for volume discounts, but pretty sure one doesn't not need to have 10 for themselves. Some people buy multiple so that they can share and promote the game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #7
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
my computer's hard drive lost everything last weekend. I don't remember my OOTP 18 license number. How much is a new license?
currently, as of this morning, OOTP is on sale for $19.99. you'll get your own license with your purchase.

https://store2.esellerate.net/store/...ageCatalog.htm
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:00 AM   #8
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You do realize ootp offers volume discounts, right? Not sure how many minimum need to be bought for volume discounts, but pretty sure one doesn't not need to have 10 for themselves. Some people buy multiple so that they can share and promote the game.

you're saying that someone bought 10 copies for a 10% discount and gave you one? And this person you don't have contact with anymore? Just buy the game. It's more than worth it for the time you get out of it

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:31 PM   #9
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
you're saying that someone bought 10 copies for a 10% discount and gave you one? And this person you don't have contact with anymore? Just buy the game. It's more than worth it for the time you get out of it
My first experience with ootp was with ootp 13. A friend of mine had had bought multiple ootp 13s and gave me one. I tried it and liked it so much to be a regular buyer and player.

I didn't buy ootp 18 because of unemployment that was caused by the onset of MS. A different friend gave me his spare license to help me out with 18. In the future, I hope to be able to buy multiple of each year to help others who want to play ootp but can't afford to buy it.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:39 PM   #10
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My first experience with ootp was with ootp 13. A friend of mine had had bought multiple ootp 13s and gave me one. I tried it and liked it so much to be a regular buyer and player.

I didn't buy ootp 18 because of unemployment that was caused by the onset of MS. A different friend gave me his spare license to help me out with 18. In the future, I hope to be able to buy multiple of each year to help others who want to play ootp but can't afford to buy it.

That really sucks what's happened to you. Not going to beat you up over it, but the spare license isn't really there for other people. As mitchkenn said, OOTP is currently $19.99 so that's basically your only option.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:39 PM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

well that's alot more info than above.

i was on your side if you read between the lines. either way.

i know someone has posted they give their 2nd one to their dad, and no one from ootp seemed to be uspet in that thread. heck just give them you rsteam login

if you bought it from esellerate they can lookup with credit card info maybe? go to the tech support forum, they will know exactly what paths you can take to reclaim a serial #.

read between lines above: you bought it. it's yours. there are ways to "make" it work. just not no-cd.exe... not relevant.

Last edited by NoOne; 02-28-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:41 PM   #12
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I’m confused then why you referenced the bulk discount. But anyways if everyone gave their spare licenses to friends then in the future we may only get one.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 02-28-2018, 01:57 PM   #13
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I know that I’m more callous than most, but no one has the right to be entertained. If you can’t afford it, then do something you can afford. people put in a lot of hard work to make the game as great as it is and it’s not fair to try and get a free license.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #14
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

oh hold on, i'm not entertained.. maybe i came across the wrong way.. appologize if i raised anyone's blood pressure.

i was walking on eggshells lol. i suggested sometinhgn in a roundabout way...

lets keep this civil

okay, maybe a bit of entertainment: got the discount but doesn't know how many it takes to get that discoutn.. sounds a bit fishy...

like that indian woman drownding in a tub while travelling in dubai. LoL! yes, people drown in tubs, but go read the circumstances... calls friend first, waits 4hours for police etc etc... "accident" Way to go Dubai... you avoid scandlal by being scandalous... makes sense?

i'm not the karma police... could really care less. but if you put up a logical defense, don't make it sound so theoretical in nature, lol. no logical argument that you did anythign wrong from this, but it's not assertive or a calming effect on those that would care.

civil? lol %@$%# it!

honestly: the only possible answer to your problem is in the tech support forum from a real ootp employee. if you can't provide necessary info, for any reason, you won't get your license back. even a 'portion' of credit card or paypal account info would be enough type thing, i'd assume. US companies have to keep financial records for 7 years... not sure where ootp is headquartered or if that applies to US sales from foreign company... they likely have a paper trail, that's the point.

Last edited by NoOne; 02-28-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:10 PM   #15
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
oh hold on, i'm not entertained.. maybe i came across the wrong way.. appologize if i raised anyone's blood pressure.

i was walking on eggshells lol. i suggested sometinhgn in a roundabout way...

lets keep this civil
That wasn’t directed at you it was a general comment

Old 02-28-2018, 02:17 PM   #16
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i know, i just didn't want someone feeling like 2 people piling on... then i did it anyway.. .lol... i think in a good natured way though.

a couple laughs, i hope. 80/20 the guy didn't buy it, LoL
Old 02-28-2018, 02:52 PM   #17
bestbrother
Major Leagues

the game is dirt cheap on key sites.

i know you can get a key for a quid... so in american that cant be much more than 2$?
bestbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:23 AM   #18
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

For starters, I mentioned buying in bulk because some of the leagues I have been in were talking about it in the past. OOTP does offer a discounted price for buying multiple copies at once.

I was offered the license by a friend in a league that I play online in. I did not actively seek out the license, I was planning on stepping down from the 5 leagues I was in at the time.

If you read the original post, I asked how much it cost to get a new license. I am sorry if I ruffled some feathers with the question.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:59 AM   #19
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For starters, I mentioned buying in bulk because some of the leagues I have been in were talking about it in the past. OOTP does offer a discounted price for buying multiple copies at once.

I was offered the license by a friend in a league that I play online in. I did not actively seek out the license, I was planning on stepping down from the 5 leagues I was in at the time.

If you read the original post, I asked how much it cost to get a new license. I am sorry if I ruffled some feathers with the question.
post #7 answers your question, without ruffled feathers.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote