Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-28-2016, 08:17 PM   #1
Leafs2016
Minors (Single A)

Exclamation So What is the Diffrence Between Beta And....

I am confused very confused. I downloaded the Beta and have been dealing with crashing issues. FHM2 had Trading Logic issues and the Beta still has not fixed it. FHM3 has issues with controlling the minors. I play Soapbox both GM+Coach with the leafs and I cannot set up lines for Marlies and Solar Bears.

I tried everything, there is an option for controlling the AHL and ECHL but it seems like its broken. And no one on here none of the developers are able to help me.

You cannot change the overtime structure for NHL or any of the rules. Is this going to be fixed in the full game launch?

I played 3 games so far and I am FRUSTRATED!!!

Oh and so far I have not noticed anything new in the game. Okay Just the juniors.
Leafs2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

We've been working on all the reported crash issues. I know Sebastian has seen your save specifically and has been trying to isolate the cause - it appeared to be something with the AHL preseason schedule, if I remember right.

Control over your farm teams, as I mentioned in the other forum, is roster management only - the coach still handles the line selection.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:45 PM   #3
Leafs2016
Minors (Single A)

So you mean to tell me in this version of FHM3 we cannot set the lines for AHL or ECHL? Because that would just be terrible. Even in FHM2 you can do that.

And the kogic of the coach in the minors does not make any sense at all. Please tell me i am over reacting here?

I mean having your top players for AHL to be playing on the 4th lines are ridiculous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We've been working on all the reported crash issues. I know Sebastian has seen your save specifically and has been trying to isolate the cause - it appeared to be something with the AHL preseason schedule, if I remember right.

Control over your farm teams, as I mentioned in the other forum, is roster management only - the coach still handles the line selection.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:49 AM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

The Beta was to get feedback on bugs. We got that, we tried to fix as many reported bugs as possible and as far as I can see we did. The game should be in good shape now for the release on Monday thanks to the great help of all the people here.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:27 AM   #5
Leafs2016
Minors (Single A)

We will see about that. But you guys are avoiding my concern. When the full game comes out will i be able to control AHL and ECHL and make roster decisions and edit lines?

This was apart of FHM and FHM 2. Did you remove this option for FHM3? Because the AI logic and decision making is awful. Please respond. Your answer to this issue will determine if i need a refund or not.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:25 AM   #6
jaguar8311
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs2016 View Post
We will see about that. But you guys are avoiding my concern. When the full game comes out will i be able to control AHL and ECHL and make roster decisions and edit lines?

This was apart of FHM and FHM 2. Did you remove this option for FHM3? Because the AI logic and decision making is awful. Please respond. Your answer to this issue will determine if i need a refund or not.

I don't think being able to have 100% full control of lines in AHL and ECHL is realistic.

Rather, I'd like to have something in OOTP where.

1) You can 'lock' players to a certain position, or in the case of hockey, to a spot in the lineup.

2) Have the AI in the minors rate players by their potential, or at least put a greater weight on potential than they do in the big leagues.
jaguar8311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 10:53 AM   #7
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:

You sound quite skeptical so if you're unhappy it might be a good idea just to do a refund while you are still eligible if this game is not for you. To answer your question, You can control your farm team in Sandbox Mode - there is a checkbox to enable.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-29-2016 at 10:57 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:21 AM   #8
Leafs2016
Minors (Single A)

Exclamation

To Dave i know there is but when i check it off it still doesnt allow me. Why is there an option for that when its broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
You sound quite skeptical so if you're unhappy it might be a good idea just to do a refund while you are still eligible if this game is not for you. To answer your question, You can control your farm team in Sandbox Mode - there is a checkbox to enable.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:31 AM   #9
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
To Dave i know there is but when i check it off it still doesnt allow me. Why is there an option for that when its broken?
You can make roster moves, not lines (you are not the HC of the team).
Old 10-29-2016, 11:37 AM   #10
Leafs2016
Minors (Single A)

Sebastian can i get refund. You guys took a step back. I don't know what you guys are thinking with this version
Old 10-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #11
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Sebastian can i get refund. You guys took a step back. I don't know what you guys are thinking with this version
Please contact me via PM with your name and email you used to purchase the game.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:45 AM   #12
Leafs2016
Minors (Single A)

Just sent thanks Sebastian
Old 10-29-2016, 12:06 PM   #13
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar8311 View Post
I don't think being able to have 100% full control of lines in AHL and ECHL is realistic.

Rather, I'd like to have something in OOTP where.

1) You can 'lock' players to a certain position, or in the case of hockey, to a spot in the lineup.

2) Have the AI in the minors rate players by their potential, or at least put a greater weight on potential than they do in the big leagues.
We have slightly different plans for the future (more like organization depth charts and hiring a HC to your likings) but the result should be similar to OOTP I guess.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:34 PM   #14
Leafs2016
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
We have slightly different plans for the future (more like organization depth charts and hiring a HC to your likings) but the result should be similar to OOTP I guess.
Yes but OOTP lets you control all of the minor leagues which you had that option in FH and FHM2. Don't kniw why you guys took a step backwards.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:52 PM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Yes but OOTP lets you control all of the minor leagues which you had that option in FH and FHM2. Don't kniw why you guys took a step backwards.
The guys are trying to create something of a realistic management sim with FHM, where you actually have to overcome limitations and challenges similar to those that might be faced by real GM's.

OOTP is somewhat realistic but it also allows provides lots of 'what if' tools to allow you to do things and control you could never control as a real life HC or GM.

It's a bit of a different vision for both games. I can definitely understand your feeling like it's a step back, but it's really just more of a refinement of what the FHM team wants the game to be.

Then there's the fact that some features have been removed just to allow more time and effort to be focused on core game mechanics, rather than on tweaking and refining a multitude of features that may not all work correctly and may not even be used by most of the folks who play the game.

As Sebastian has mentioned, he's aware that this means the game isn't going to be for everyone. Some folks may not like the direction the game's going in. Obviously we feel bad about that, we want everyone to love the game, but we also realize we can't make everyone happy all the time. We tried to do that in the past, with FHM1 f.e. and it didn't work. We just don't have the resources to make the game all things to everyone at this point in time. So we have to prioritize and pick and choose our battles.

If you feel like this is just too big a deal for you to live without, that's completely understandable. If you do want a refund please just contact support@ootpdevelopments.com and I'll issue your refund.

Obviously we hope you'll be willing to stick with the game and support our development, but if you don't feel able to do that it's understood.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #16
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

I completely understand you are disappointed and don't agree with the approach, but seems to make sense to me. If you are HC/GM of a specific team, not sure I would expect to have influence over lower level teams (especially for HC coach type decisions like line changes) that I don't manage.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:03 PM   #17
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
I completely understand you are disappointed and don't agree with the approach, but seems to make sense to me. If you are HC/GM of a specific team, not sure I would expect to have influence over lower level teams (especially for HC coach type decisions like line changes) that I don't manage.
Actually for quite a few NHL teams, the NHL AGM (answerable to the NHL GM) is also the GM for the AHL team, so the NHL GM would have significant influence over lower level teams (including lines/playing time); AFAIK there are few if any independent AHL teams anymore (AFAIK many/most are owned by the NHL team)
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:07 PM   #18
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
Actually for quite a few NHL teams, the NHL AGM (answerable to the NHL GM) is also the GM for the AHL team, so the NHL GM would have significant influence over lower level teams (including lines/playing time); AFAIK there are few if any independent AHL teams anymore (AFAIK many/most are owned by the NHL team)
But I don't believe (could be wrong) the actual GM would specifically define the lines and tactics....yes, they might highly suggest a player needs to play more or in certain roles, but I don't think they would fill out the actual lineup cards. Again, I don't know all the leagues out there, so maybe some actually do...so I have no problem with them performing GM-like things, more concerned if you step over the boundary to coach duties.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:25 PM   #19
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
But I don't believe (could be wrong) the actual GM would specifically define the lines and tactics....yes, they might highly suggest a player needs to play more or in certain roles, but I don't think they would fill out the actual lineup cards. Again, I don't know all the leagues out there, so maybe some actually do...so I have no problem with them performing GM-like things, more concerned if you step over the boundary to coach duties.
The NHL AGM (who is "under" the NHL GM) is the GM of the AHL team.....you think the NHL GM's not ultimately in charge? I think the NHL GM is ultimately in charge (IMO NHL GM's are definitely going to be telling the AHL about lines/ice time.....it will likely usually be in "group discussions" but the NHL GM is the head honcho)
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #20
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
The NHL AGM (who is "under" the NHL GM) is the GM of the AHL team.....you think the NHL GM's not ultimately in charge? I think the NHL GM is ultimately in charge (IMO NHL GM's are definitely going to be telling the AHL about lines/ice time.....it will likely usually be in "group discussions" but the NHL GM is the head honcho)
Not debating their in charge, just suggesting that they don't necessarily fill out the line up cards themselves (yes, I know they influence though). In any event, I am ok with how it is, but I respect others have different opinions and that is perfectly fine.