Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:23 AM   #361
alishere2
Bat Boy

Do you have to be playing in a Major league game to have the hall of fame metrics appear in player's profiles? I'm playing a game in the Taiwan league and I have none. I'm assuming this is correct?
alishere2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:58 AM   #362
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
This game is buggy as hell. This still hasn't been fixed. Can't create a historical fictional league.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...y-untitled.jpg
This clearly works here. Make sure you have installed the new version properly.
Markus Heinsohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:10 AM   #363
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Happens once in a while IRL - a 2007 SEA@CLE series was snowed out and one of the games was rescheduled in Seattle.

Because there are no other CIN @ ATL series, the rescheduled game was scheduled as part of an ATL @ CIN series but with ATL as the home team.
It's working as intended. CIN will still be treated like the home team in terms of revenue etc.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:40 AM   #364
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
I opened the injuries.txt file and noticed that many of the major injuries (torn UCL, PCL, labrum, flexor tendon, quadriceps, elbow ligament, etc) all have a 4 or 5 designation for frequency (common according to the file).

There is a thread in the main forum talking about all of the long-term injuries people have seen. I think this may be a big part of it. Most of these are pitching related injuries too. Personally, I lost 3 of my top 3 SP to these injuries (all 5 months or more) in my first season. About half of my injuries were 5 months plus too. It seems that this needs to be adjusted to more realistic frequency levels.
You just had bad luck. Injuries on the default level are in fact less frequent than in real life
Old 03-24-2015, 06:42 AM   #365
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Someone had posted a few pages back that WAR wasn't being calculated properly for splits. Was this issue looked into?
Actually WAR for splits is not really supported. Ignore the numbers please.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:34 AM   #366
scuffleball
Major Leagues

[UPDATE] - I changed the skin, which caused this issue. Once I opened the game back up, everything was fine. Thanks to Bluenoser for the heads up!
Icons running into text. Happening on all player pages.
Attached Images

Last edited by scuffleball; 03-24-2015 at 07:44 AM.
scuffleball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:39 AM   #367
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuffleball View Post
Icons running into text. Happening on all player pages.
You changed your skin or resolution.

Restart the game and they should be fine.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:42 AM   #368
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
You changed your skin or resolution.

Restart the game and they should be fine.
That did the trick! Thanks for that! And you're right I did play around with the skins
Old 03-24-2015, 08:12 AM   #369
catcherjul
Major Leagues

My ootp 15 imported game crash everytime...

Hi, I tried to import my ootp 15 fictional league a numerous number of time. Everything is going correctly until when I sim a day....

When I play this game in ootp 15, everything is going smoothly (never had a crash with this league the entire time I played it in ootp 15, so 25 years) For a reason I can't find, there is no way I can go through a day without having ootp 16 closing.

Every other league I started with ootp 16 (one fictional, one historical, one mlb quickstart) are running very well.

So the only thing I see is there is something in my ootp 15 league that really can't be supported with ootp 16... but what

I uploaded my league in your support folder and its named ''catcherjulleague.zip''
catcherjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:36 AM   #370
majesty95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You just had bad luck. Injuries on the default level are in fact less frequent than in real life
I don't have a problem with the overall amount of injuries. My issue is that I think the major pitching injuries are set to occur too frequently. Torn and partially torn labrums and elbow ligaments are set to occur at the same rate as strains and muscle pulls.

In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing slightly more of the latter in exchange for less of the former. That would seem more realistic. Unless there are real life example of teams losing four of their top 5 pitchers in their organization to season ending injuries in the first two months of the season, I have to believe that part of the injury system is overdone
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:10 AM   #371
Neasag
Minors (Double A)

My finances are totally messed up since I converted from 15. Despite being over budget (- 1.8 million in the red) the game still thinks I have a crudload of money left for extensions.

My projected arbitration estimate is WAY, WAY off by the way (far too low).

Last edited by Neasag; 03-24-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Neasag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #372
Harry_BallSack
Minors (Triple A)

Location: Was NJ, Then FL, Then IL, Then VA, Now Natick, MA !
Owner Goals Disappeared

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3835967
Attached Images
Playing Sim ball since Microleague Baseball on my C64 in Highschool, Then Front Page Sports (some Earl Weaver on the Amiga in there as well) and finally made the shift to OOTP around version 2. Been here ever since

The Original Atlantic City Gambler and Daytona Beach Fatboy Owner.
Harry_BallSack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:08 AM   #373
ohv
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neasag View Post
My finances are totally messed up since I converted from 15. Despite being over budget (- 1.8 million in the red) the game still thinks I have a crudload of money left for extensions.

My projected arbitration estimate is WAY, WAY off by the way (far too low).

Do you have the financial coefficient as something else than 1.00? Future year salaries are counted twice with that coefficient in every finance screen. Can't provide screenshot now as I'm at work, but this is something that i was playing around last night and noticed that something is wrong.

Player salary 10M$ 3 years salary screen is like:

coefficient 1.0:
10M$ 10M$ 10M$

coefficient 0.5:
5M$ 2.5M$ 2.5M$
ohv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:17 AM   #374
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
Seems some baseball cards in non MLB leagues (only tested Korean/Japanese leagues so far) aren't generating properly, and are not generating stats, or skipping a bunch of years.

Some examples:
I'm not positive, but I believe the issue you're seeing has to do with players who have been sent to or from the minors. When a card is generated for a player, it only lists stats from the league he's currently with. It looks like for the guys you posted, some of the cards they would be on the major league team, some they were on the minor league team, hence the gaps in stats.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:18 AM   #375
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Actually WAR for splits is not really supported. Ignore the numbers please.
The numbers that show up on those splits should be their batting-only component of WAR.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #376
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohv View Post
Do you have the financial coefficient as something else than 1.00? Future year salaries are counted twice with that coefficient in every finance screen. Can't provide screenshot now as I'm at work, but this is something that i was playing around last night and noticed that something is wrong.

Player salary 10M$ 3 years salary screen is like:

coefficient 1.0:
10M$ 10M$ 10M$

coefficient 0.5:
5M$ 2.5M$ 2.5M$
Thanks for pointing that out. That has been fixed now.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #377
BPS
All Star Reserve

Just ended first test season as GM only. I have Assistant GM dealing with minor league personnel.

But I forgot I had Assistant GM dealing with minor league personnel, and was looking to give extension to a good minor league manager who, I found out, wanted a raise from 100k to 400k! I canceled discussions with him as that was just too much. But at season's end my Assistant GM got this apparently greedy manager to agree to stay in the job at his original lower salary of 100K.

Perhaps my Assistant GM is just a wonderful negotiator, or perhaps the bargaining logic for human negotiator vs AI negotiator is really different. Is this WAD?
BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #378
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I'm not positive, but I believe the issue you're seeing has to do with players who have been sent to or from the minors. When a card is generated for a player, it only lists stats from the league he's currently with. It looks like for the guys you posted, some of the cards they would be on the major league team, some they were on the minor league team, hence the gaps in stats.
Yep, just looking now and you're correct, both players were on their respective AA teams when the cards were generated.

Just noticed that it says he won the 'Eastern League' rookie of the year/most valuable player - however he never played there and it was actually the 'Pacific League' he won. But I'm guessing that's just something that can't be avoided at this stage and perhaps better off manually adding the card at a later date?

Looking up transaction log of the senior teams, it says "Promoted SP Daichi Osera to Double A." and "Promoted C Tomoya Mori to Double A". Is it not strange players from the main club are being sent to a feeder team after the season is over?

Just copying my post from the feedback thread here too incase:
Should players be credited with a hitter of the year award? Like what happens with reliever of the year, MVP, pitcher of the year etc.

While there is a news item acknowledging when a player wins it, there is no record of a player winning it anywhere on their player page. Nothing on the career awards bar with the circles on, nor anything in their history page under awards or accomplishments.

If reliever of the year gets recognised, surely hitter of the year should be too?

(sorry for the long posts / questions )
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:16 AM   #379
BPS
All Star Reserve

When you promote a coach from minors to the ML, shouldn't they get a raise?
BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #380
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Since patch

Not sure if this happened before patch, didn't try this before update. Was playing game, opening day. I left, and saved game before I went to work in 2nd inning. I came back home and finished the game. I went to leave game when it was finished and go back to manager screen. Game stopped working and was not responding and closed without saving.

I use Windows 7.
bcduggan is offline   Reply With Quote