Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #261
billgliwa
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It's getting stuck on the load screen.
billgliwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #262
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
I've been submitting crash reports through the crash reporter thing. Does that come to you guys or does it go to Apple? Just want to make sure it's helpful.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #263
DB930
Major Leagues

Okay, posting this here, as Markus requested in another thread ( http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...0-anymore.html ):

Started a new game with 2 8-team leagues (no minors or inaugural draft, but otherwise all default settings). Simmed forward 2 seasons, then to the start of the pre-season for season #3. Went to the players screen, set all the options for outside FAs (Int. amateurs, established int. FAs, etc.) to "none". Went to the options screen and disabled the automatic evolution of the league, disabled spring training, disabled the playoffs, entered "0" for the schedule length, and clicked "edit league schedule" and generated a new one. Next clicked on financials... and the game crashed.

So I tried again, this time deciding to save the schedule for last. Did everything else as mentioned above, then turned off financials, the draft, and trading. Set the schedule to 0 again, generated a new one, tried to advance to the next day... and the game crashed.

One last attempt: this time I didn't change a single setting other than the schedule. Set the length to 0, re-generated, advance to next day... crash.
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:08 PM   #264
cmann33
Bat Boy

1969 Baltimore Orioles missing Earl Weaver as manager

I assume it's a database issue, but Earl is going to be upset. Jim Palmer looks happy, though.

I created a 1969 historical league, and Earl wasn't there. He appears to be the only manager missing. I deleted the league and started over -- same thing.
cmann33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:00 PM   #265
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

When switching from a 2 division league to a 2 subleague league so from 8 teams in two divisions to two subleagues with 16 teams in 4 divisions. The AI changes the championship report on the front page of league history and lists incorrect league champions. Instead of bolding correct champion it lists runner up as well. It also incorrectly lists playoff seeding expansion through previous years when league has just implemented new seeding to support new teams.

This was a problem in OOTP15 too.

So for instance as opposed to how it normally shows after expansion it shows as such:
Name:  League History.png
Views: 448
Size:  356.9 KB

Also after simming the year after implementation it doesn't fix itself. Is this a known problem?

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:07 PM   #266
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmann33 View Post
I assume it's a database issue, but Earl is going to be upset. Jim Palmer looks happy, though.

I created a 1969 historical league, and Earl wasn't there. He appears to be the only manager missing. I deleted the league and started over -- same thing.
It looks like Earl has a "99" after his name in the manager database. I don't know what it takes to remove the "99" -- but once it's gone, Earl will reappear.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:45 PM   #267
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Everytime I set the FaceGen preview to the way I like it (Zoom out, Straight) it sets it back to the damn Normal Random!
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:52 PM   #268
krw0900
Minors (Single A)

Anyone else seeing the issue with Single Game, Season and Career records not being seen for batters in Live Scores screen? I haven't seen anyone else report on it so not sure if it is an issue.

I posted a screenshot a page back on this thread.

Edit: League File uploaded. "Test1974records.zip"
"Every Baseball game I attend today, every game I watch on television or listen to on the radio...Every game deep down is a replay of my childhood, the carefree days before mortgages and tuition and adulthood, when life was just a game and Lance Harris was the pitcher and I was the shortstop. That's why I love a ball field." -- Vince Staten

Last edited by krw0900; 03-22-2015 at 07:04 PM.
krw0900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:59 PM   #269
cfagyal
Minors (Single A)

Here's a Hall of Fame bug I just saw. I started a regular MLB season starting in 2014. My HOF classes from 2014-2019 worked fine, however in 2020 all three candidates have either a blank plaque (Derek Jeter's is blank) or showing a ballpark (Bobby Abreu and Ivan Rodriguez) Screenshot below:
Attached Images
cfagyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #270
Vinnyvagus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My losing pitcher just got player of the game after giving up 2 runs, where as the the winning pitcher gave up no ER and they won the game.
Attached Images
Vinnyvagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:18 PM   #271
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfagyal View Post
Here's a Hall of Fame bug I just saw. I started a regular MLB season starting in 2014. My HOF classes from 2014-2019 worked fine, however in 2020 all three candidates have either a blank plaque (Derek Jeter's is blank) or showing a ballpark (Bobby Abreu and Ivan Rodriguez) Screenshot below:
Their player picture/facegen likely wasn't updated/loaded properly.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:32 PM   #272
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

This game is buggy as hell. This still hasn't been fixed. Can't create a historical fictional league.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...y-untitled.jpg
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:33 PM   #273
cfagyal
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Their player picture/facegen likely wasn't updated/loaded properly.
Well each of them has a facegen on their profiles when i click their names from the Hall of Fame History. I can generate a HOF Plaque baseball card and it looks right. So not sure what may be not generated properly.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #274
Mat
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnyvagus View Post
My losing pitcher just got player of the game after giving up 2 runs, where as the the winning pitcher gave up no ER and they won the game.
Ive noticed the game seem to give what seems, way too many 'player of the games' to the winning SP. Even when performance was only average.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #275
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfagyal View Post
Well each of them has a facegen on their profiles when i click their names from the Hall of Fame History. I can generate a HOF Plaque baseball card and it looks right. So not sure what may be not generated properly.
When this happens, I go to "player and picture settings" in the settings area. Click "force update/generate player pictures." This will make sure all players will have their photos loaded correctly. It won't change cards/plaques that are already generated. But any time the game generates a new one it will be fine.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:49 PM   #276
cfagyal
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
When this happens, I go to "player and picture settings" in the settings area. Click "force update/generate player pictures." This will make sure all players will have their photos loaded correctly. It won't change cards/plaques that are already generated. But any time the game generates a new one it will be fine.
Wish there was an option on the HOF screen to "regenerate plaques". Would be nice to be able to correct this..it looks rather silly to have plaques with a ballpark as the picture.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:05 PM   #277
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnyvagus View Post
So 2 runs must be 1 point better than 3 hits and 4 walks.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:38 PM   #278
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Don't know if this was posted.

Started league in 1871. I didn't adjust any settings, all teams had local and national media revenue. After a few years, possibly when first expansion happened, there was no local and no national media revenue.
bcduggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #279
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Game is not differentiating between Manager only, Manager/GM, GM only modes. As a manger only, I am still getting personal messages regarding contract updates and seeing owner goals that do not pertain to managing (like extend a contract)
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #280
StickWillett
Minors (Single A)

Question How do I get the correct stadiums to show in the "Broadcast view?

While playing a simulation game in the "game" I find if I choose to play the game in the "broadcast view" the stadium that is showing is always the Phillie's Citizen's Park stadium even though I may be playing a game at Chase Field or AT&T park etc. While in the 3D view I am always in the correctly assigned stadium but when I start a simulation in the "Broadcast View" or switch to it from the 3D view it always changes to the Citizen's Stadium as a defaulted stadium however in the menu it identifies it as what the stadium should be. How can I get the correct stadium assigned for this view? In OOTP16 I see no sub menus that allows me to access the assigned stadiums as in OOTP15 and its 3D stadiums etc. What am I doing wrong? What haven't I loaded? My sound and photos and logos are all correct!

Last edited by StickWillett; 03-22-2015 at 10:24 PM.
StickWillett is offline   Reply With Quote