Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 01-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #1
gdelmonico
Bat Boy

HOF Facegen

Hello

Sorry if this has been answered in another thread...Can you get player facegens to show up on the HOF page?

The photos I have are real player photos.

Thanks
gdelmonico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:36 AM   #2
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

You can, but not real photos. I would recommend the facegen thread for Perfect Team as it has a ton of historical players for it.
BIG WORLD for OOTP22: WinRAR File ZIP file
My Custom Schedules

nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:34 PM   #3
gdelmonico
Bat Boy

Thanks for the reply...I have some facegens like Hank Aaron, his facegen shows when I click on him, but not on the HOF plaque
gdelmonico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:59 PM   #4
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

From what I've seen, the HoF plaque images populate when you first open the HoF, and then do not update if changes are made to player facegens. This means you unfortunately get stuck with whatever facegen (or in this case lack of facegen) you start with.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:31 AM   #5
ALB123
All Star Reserve

I've seen a lot of excited talk about FaceGen here and on Reddit. I don't understand why or maybe I don't know what FaceGen is. Isn't FaceGen just the option to change a player's skin color, beard type or eye color? I admit that I was grateful for the ability to change the skin color of Dave Winfield who was generated as a white man. ::GASP:: Am I missing something? Is there more fine control or something that I haven't found? Forgive me, but I'm a total n00b.
ALB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:11 AM   #6
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
I've seen a lot of excited talk about FaceGen here and on Reddit. I don't understand why or maybe I don't know what FaceGen is. Isn't FaceGen just the option to change a player's skin color, beard type or eye color? I admit that I was grateful for the ability to change the skin color of Dave Winfield who was generated as a white man. ::GASP:: Am I missing something? Is there more fine control or something that I haven't found? Forgive me, but I'm a total n00b.
Facegen refers to the general 3D faces that you see for players. You can have the game generate them randomly (or with some control over skin tone and facial hair via the in-game options). That's as far as you can go with what the game gives you. So you wind up only having true accurate faces for the current players that the game has licensed the likenesses for.

However, there are programs that allow us to make facegens with very fine control, and the ability to use photographs as a base. These can then be imported directly into OOTP for use. So there are accurate facegens out there for many historical players, prospects, foreign players, etc., which can be used in-game. As an example, the image at the bottom of my forum signature shows off a few facegens that are part of my Perfect Team-focused pack of facegens. That's how those players appear in-game for me, and anyone else who has installed my facegen pack.

There's more information on the Rosters/Photos/Quickstarts Mods board of the forum.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:20 AM   #7
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Thanks for letting me know exactly what is going on with FaceGen. While extremely interesting and sounds like a ton of fun, I need to focus on OOTP for now. That's not to say that I won't download some of the FaceGen files you and others have made thus far.
ALB123 is offline   Reply With Quote