Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Lineup Issue

OK, Say my lineup is set. I have my subs lineup set too. As and example I'll have Adam Engel starting in CF and Jon Jay as a back up tp all outfieders. Right before game is to begin I swap Jon Jay out in CF in place of Adam Engel, but when I make the move Jay goes into the lineup & Engel goes to CF sub spot, but Jay stays at the other Outfielder sub locations & even if I have him subbing at DH. In other words he remains as a sub while in lineupSo a problem here bc Jay can't be placed as a starter & a Sub. This happens everytime in OTP20 & PP20
Thanks
BB
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
Mills
Minors (Single A)

I think that is how it is meant to work and it is a new feature of the game.
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:44 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yeah, what will happen is if you need a sub in LF, then Jay would shift over there and Engel would get the start in CF.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, what will happen is if you need a sub in LF, then Jay would shift over there and Engel would get the start in CF.

but if the sub OF is equiped to play in any field whats the difference. that's not a good expalnantion. whoever thought of that is....thinking to much

I don't understand how a player can be a starter & a sub. I'm not understanding how Jay can be starting in CF & subbing in LF & RF while Engel is subbing in CF.. If you playing with 4 outfielders you only have 1 sub to cover if a sub needed. But whatever yall say, I'll just fill in my other subs positions like it been doing for 19 years.

why need that in PT when nobody gets injured ...only ejections

i mean the game already does enough shuffling of lineups on its own already. plenty of times when i check boxscore the AI has shuffled my lineup

Last edited by Bunktown Ballers; 03-20-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:21 PM   #5
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post

just checked it out so i can put 1 certain player to sub at any & every position even if he's already in starting lineup? I just tried and did it. pointless..but hey i didn't design game
Old 03-20-2019, 04:42 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

If the sub can play any field, then yeah it doesn't make a difference.

Take the Mets, for example. Say they run with Nimmo in CF, Conforto in RF, and McNeil in LF. On the bench, their top sub in Lagares. So when any of the OF needs to sit, they want to play Lagares. But it makes no sense to have Lagares sub in in LF, since the defense is a lot better with Lagares in CF and Nimmo in LF. So in this case, you set McNeil/Nimmo/Conforto as the starters, Lagares as the top sub in CF, and Nimmo as the top sub in LF/RF. That way, when any of them need to sit, Lagares will be the one to play, and he'll play CF, but Nimmo will shift over to cover the other spot.

You don't have to do things this way, for sure. But it allows you the option to run things out that way if you want.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote