Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #281
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Have you guys downloaded all of Tnarg72's packs in this thread? He's done most of the guys you mention and they now look pretty darn good imo.
Yes people need to start with all of these FGs first, no reason to repeat all of the work that Tnarg has already done.

There is only ONE FaceGen thread and this is it!!
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #282
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

Will the facegens from this thread eventually go into the all-in-one mod?
asheft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #283
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheft View Post
Will the facegens from this thread eventually go into the all-in-one mod?
Yes.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #284
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Yes.
Thanks! These all look absolutely incredible. Would anybody be willing to redo Buster Posey? All of Tnarg72's facegens look amazing, but Posey's I think needs a little tweaking. I would try myself but I am on a Mac so the facegen program doesn't work for me .

This was the best that I could find, he is usually smiling. Thanks again to everyone who has contributed so far!

Last edited by asheft; 07-05-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:20 AM   #285
Tnarg72
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Thanks! These all look absolutely incredible. Would anybody be willing to redo Buster Posey? All of Tnarg72's facegens look amazing, but Posey's I think needs a little work. I would try myself but I am on a Mac so the facegen program doesn't work for me .

This was the best that I could find, he is usually smiling. Thanks again to everyone who has contributed so far!
I did a ton of these, all the MLB guys and others, pretty quickly so that I could get them done prior to actually playing the game.
Not all are what I would consider perfect or couldn't use some upgrade as well, not happy with most of the Tampa Bay team as an example.
I see others are putting out alternate versions (which is awesome). There was another thread with a now slightly outdated complete file, wondering if anyone would like to resurrect this and make calls on best versions and post file updates. Just a thought, might be helpful. I know it would be to me, then I can go make another Stan Musial...

So I took another run at Posey, let me know if it is OK.
Picture 1 is the version already posted.
Picture 2 is new - no smile (picture I found tonight and is the attached fg file)
Picture 3 is what happened with your posted pic. If there's a lot of contrast or shadows in the pic it throws it off a bit, finding a picture that will work is the hardest part of doing these.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg Buster_Posey.fg (413.9 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by Tnarg72; 07-05-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Tnarg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:44 AM   #286
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

Odd-the one that you said was already posted looks a lot better here than it does in-game. I guess mainly what I was looking for was a little more of a tall and thin face. If that can't happen with the available pictures, no worries! This is what was happening with my game...

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 9.28.21 PM.png
Views: 870
Size:  29.6 KB

And, a couple more comments on the rest of the team. Everyone in general seems to be a little extra red under the chin, but I'm not sure whether that is because of the facegen file itself, my OS (mac), or the way the game interprets the facegen file. I personally think Morse, Pence, Cain, and Bumgarner need a little tweaking done, but that is just my opinion. And, again, it may be an issue with the way the game is displaying the file. IMO, everyone else looks as good as I have ever seen with OOTP, and then some (Brandon Belt especially). For doing them quickly I'd say you did a pretty good job .

Edit: Oh, Shelly Duncan, Eury Perez, and Brent Morel need facegen files (just pictures right now).

Last edited by asheft; 07-05-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #287
Tnarg72
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Odd-the one that you said was already posted looks a lot better here than it does in-game. I guess mainly what I was looking for was a little more of a tall and thin face. If that can't happen with the available pictures, no worries! This is what was happening with my game...

Attachment 348256

And, a couple more comments on the rest of the team. Everyone in general seems to be a little extra red under the chin, but I'm not sure whether that is because of the facegen file itself, my OS (mac), or the way the game interprets the facegen file. I personally think Morse, Pence, Cain, and Bumgarner need a little tweaking done, but that is just my opinion. And, again, it may be an issue with the way the game is displaying the file. IMO, everyone else looks as good as I have ever seen with OOTP, and then some (Brandon Belt especially). For doing them quickly I'd say you did a pretty good job .

Edit: Oh, and Shelly Duncan and Brent Morel need facegen files (just pictures right now).
Made his face a little taller and thinner - first pic - is that what you were looking for or do you think it needs to be modified even more?
Looks like the Mac produces some different results, the colors on your example look way more orangey.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Attached Files
File Type: fg buster_posey.fg (413.9 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by Tnarg72; 07-05-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #288
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

It is definitely a lot closer-I will see how it looks in the game. It seems like in general, Posey is a hard facegen to get right. Thanks for trying to help with that though.

Edit: It is definitely a lot better than before (in game)!
Attached Images

Last edited by asheft; 07-05-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:57 PM   #289
ChrisG
Minors (Triple A)

I also did a Posey FG in my pack.
Attached Images
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:55 AM   #290
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks! I'll have a look. Does anyone know how good the rest of the pack is relative to Tnarg72's? I may try his for a couple of players that I think aren't nearly as good as they could be...

Edit: ... or at least the one player who falls into that category who is included. Is there an easy way to let OOTP know that a several players have new facegen files and need updating?

Last edited by asheft; 07-06-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #291
Tnarg72
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Thanks! I'll have a look. Does anyone know how good the rest of the pack is relative to Tnarg72's? I may try his for a couple of players that I think aren't nearly as good as they could be...

Edit: ... or at least the one player who falls into that category who is included. Is there an easy way to let OOTP know that a several players have new facegen files and need updating?
My suggestion for anyone making these would be to include an in-game close up shot in your posts so that people can make up there own mind whether it's an improvement or not. There's a lot being put out and to be honest I haven't had the time to look through many of them to see if I want to paste over the current versions. A picture would help.

Last edited by Tnarg72; 07-06-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #292
korme
Minors (Single A)

Tnarg, it would be great if you could make a zip/rar file of all of these you've made from the thread. Going team by team trying to catch up is tedious
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #293
korme
Minors (Single A)

Also, Reds new Cuban signing Raisel Iglesias would be nice, however tough to find a good picture of him not pitching
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #294
Tnarg72
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Also, Reds new Cuban signing Raisel Iglesias would be nice, however tough to find a good picture of him not pitching
There's multiple spellings of the guys name. Found Raciel Iglesias who is from the same team with the same age (birthdate slightly off) so I assume this is him.
Found 1 tiny usable pic so this is the best I could do so far.
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: fg raciel_iglesias.fg (12.5 KB, 180 views)
Old 07-07-2014, 10:21 PM   #295
Tnarg72
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Tnarg, it would be great if you could make a zip/rar file of all of these you've made from the thread. Going team by team trying to catch up is tedious
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldg0na9zar5hr8i/July%207.zip

Thats the complete file as of July 7th.

Last edited by Tnarg72; 07-07-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:40 AM   #296
Rockfan616
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks Tnarg, great facegens....looking forward to whomever else you decide to add to the pack in the near future.
Rockfan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:03 AM   #297
Tnarg72
OOTP Roster Team

Picked some of the highest rated guys from 2005 to update.
Still working on Frank Thomas but included what I have so far in the file, hard to find a good pic.
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2005.zip (362.7 KB, 212 views)
File Type: zip 2005A.zip (494.3 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by Tnarg72; 07-16-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:27 AM   #298
ChrisG
Minors (Triple A)

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3723328

114 Facegens in my latest update. I will be happy to "demo" any player included if anyone is on the fence about replacing a facegen.

My guarantee is this: all of my Facegens are liptooth-free. I know it doesn't bother everyone but it's a major annoyance for me.

I'll stop now, I sound like a car salesman.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:57 PM   #299
Tnarg72
OOTP Roster Team

Nice work Chris.

I've started going through all the facegens that are out there to compile a best-of file.
Going to take a little bit to get through them all but I think the end result will be worth it.
I will post the complete file when I'm done.
This will be my opinion of the FGs, some may agree, some may disagree but I think it will help for the people who don't want to plug each one into the game to take a look.
A fair percentage of Chris' update (the 600 FG complete file) that I have looked through so far have been upgrades which I have implemented into my file (over some of my own creations) others I have left with the existing FG - again, just my opinion...

All the work done by everyone is great and appreciated.
Still a lot that we could improve on. It's pretty simple to do so hopefully more people will decide to take a few on.

Last edited by Tnarg72; 07-16-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #300
ChrisG
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnarg72 View Post
Nice work Chris.

I've started going through all the facegens that are out there to compile a best-of file.
Going to take a little bit to get through them all but I think the end result will be worth it.
I will post the complete file when I'm done.
This will be my opinion of the FGs, some may agree, some may disagree but I think it will help for the people who don't want to plug each one into the game to take a look.
A fair percentage of Chris' update (the 600 FG complete file) that I have looked through so far have been upgrades which I have implemented into my file (over some of my own creations) others I have left with the existing FG - again, just my opinion...

All the work done by everyone is great and appreciated.
Still a lot that we could improve on. It's pretty simple to do so hopefully more people will decide to take a few on.
Thank you and thank you for doing that!