Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #61
winniethepujols
Bat Boy

Cubby,

Could you elaborate on what will be touched in the August release (the original 2.0 version)? In your first post, you describe it as containing "more detail on the minor leagues, including re-ratings for Single-A through Triple-A", but in one of your recent posts, you say that the complete minor league revamping will carry over late into the year, and will converge with your work on the 2012 set.

I guess I'm just kind of curious which players will be touched. Like, let's say the Top 100 prospects make the cut for the August release. Which Top 100 prospects is that based off of -- the preseason lists? For instance, the Cardinals had two prospects on Baseball America's Top 100 -- Zach Cox and Shelby Miller. However, I've heard Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus and Keith Law both insinuate that they could have upwards of 6-7 of the top 100 in baseball right now, based on performances this season.

So I guess what I'm asking is this: should I expect players like Oscar Taveras, Matt Adams, Carlos Martinez, Tyrell Jenkins (in other words, present-day top 100 prospects that missed the preseason cut) to be tweaked for the set that's going to be released in the coming weeks?

Thanks, and I'm really looking forward the rosters!
winniethepujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #62
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I second this comment. i am struggling with the game rosters for all the reasons mentioned before.

The version that is out now... are the nationals (and other) ratings addressed?
I would hold off - I'd anticipate them being finished either this weekend 7/31 or next weekend 8/7 at the very latest (the only reason I hedge is that this weekend has the possibility of ending up kind of hectic for me without a ton of time to work on them like I originally anticipated). The difference between the MLB quickstart/my beta rosters and these rosters will be immense. I would compare this upcoming release to a final version of my sets in 2008-2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniethepujols View Post
Cubby,

Could you elaborate on what will be touched in the August release (the original 2.0 version)? In your first post, you describe it as containing "more detail on the minor leagues, including re-ratings for Single-A through Triple-A", but in one of your recent posts, you say that the complete minor league revamping will carry over late into the year, and will converge with your work on the 2012 set.

I guess I'm just kind of curious which players will be touched. Like, let's say the Top 100 prospects make the cut for the August release. Which Top 100 prospects is that based off of -- the preseason lists? For instance, the Cardinals had two prospects on Baseball America's Top 100 -- Zach Cox and Shelby Miller. However, I've heard Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus and Keith Law both insinuate that they could have upwards of 6-7 of the top 100 in baseball right now, based on performances this season.

So I guess what I'm asking is this: should I expect players like Oscar Taveras, Matt Adams, Carlos Martinez, Tyrell Jenkins (in other words, present-day top 100 prospects that missed the preseason cut) to be tweaked for the set that's going to be released in the coming weeks?

Thanks, and I'm really looking forward the rosters!
Since I burned through the MLB re-rating so quickly, it kind of shifted the timeline which shifted the release details, so I'm glad you asked.

The upcoming release will include each team's pre-season Top 30 prospects rated, as well as any prospects de-rated (is that a word?) who were too high. Your in-game BA prospect rankings will be 100% identical to real life. However, this does not account for any in-season adjustments that would or should be made. If anyone has taken leaps forward mid-season, that will not be reflected. The Cardinals' Martinez is a great example of a guy who will be a good prospect in the set (I believe he was #6 in the Cardinals' Top 30), but not as good as he is currently.

A lot of these guys either had very poor ratings which didn't make them any sort of prospect, or no ratings at all for recent draftees, so I think this should help get us at least halfway there. I'm anticipating that this upcoming release will be the last 2011 release, and at that point I'm going to dig in and start adjusting minor league rosters to reflect what the 2012 Opening Day landscape will look like (updated actual ratings, updated prospects, and more in-depth things for bit players in the minor leagues such as fielding ratings, etc.)

Hope that helps explain!
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #63
MunichCubFan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
I would hold off - I'd anticipate them being finished either this weekend 7/31 or next weekend 8/7 at the very latest (the only reason I hedge is that this weekend has the possibility of ending up kind of hectic for me without a ton of time to work on them like I originally anticipated). The difference between the MLB quickstart/my beta rosters and these rosters will be immense. I would compare this upcoming release to a final version of my sets in 2008-2009.

I'm anticipating that this upcoming release will be the last 2011 release, and at that point I'm going to dig in and start adjusting minor league rosters to reflect what the 2012 Opening Day landscape will look like (updated actual ratings, updated prospects, and more in-depth things for bit players in the minor leagues such as fielding ratings, etc.)

Hope that helps explain!
Thanks CF! I'm looking forward to running a new game off of your rosters. I always get carried away when I tweak the Cubs organization, and they end up playing .750 ball after a year. That gets boring. (Although I got Colvin somewhat right, he's back in AAA hitting in the low .200s with decent power.)
MunichCubFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:35 PM   #64
Matty86
Major Leagues

Looking forward to the roster. Although I'll probably start a game tonight, I always like to start fresh around the real life trade deadline.
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #65
johndoe8865
Minors (Single A)

CubbyFan, any update. How is 7/31 looking?
johndoe8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #66
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Still looking at release this upcoming weekend rather than the past (obviously now ) - got bogged down with some things this weekend and was able to get through the Philadelphia minor league system, just eight more to update for release.

As a consolation prize, I'll be releasing two sets this weekend; the first will be pre-season 2011, the second will include all roster moves to date, including those made at the trade deadline. Both will be identical in terms of ratings, etc. but will have different rosters.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #67
gobravez
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Still looking at release this upcoming weekend rather than the past (obviously now ) - got bogged down with some things this weekend and was able to get through the Philadelphia minor league system, just eight more to update for release.

As a consolation prize, I'll be releasing two sets this weekend; the first will be pre-season 2011, the second will include all roster moves to date, including those made at the trade deadline. Both will be identical in terms of ratings, etc. but will have different rosters.
Does this mean that the second roster set will be dated 8-1-11 with accurate standings or will it be set to opening day?
gobravez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #68
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobravez View Post
Does this mean that the second roster set will be dated 8-1-11 with accurate standings or will it be set to opening day?
Opening Day
Old 08-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #69
metsgl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

Will the 2nd set include this year's draft picks?
metsgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #70
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsgl View Post
Will the 2nd set include this year's draft picks?
That will be something that will be put into the 2012 set, due in November'ish.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #71
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Although I may try to squeeze the first few rounds of players into the draft pool for teams to draft from - kind of depends on how quick I can finish out the Top 30 prospects, I'd like to be wrapped up on the project by Sunday. I suppose there could always be a mini-release afterwards with updated draft pools.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #72
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

i can't wait for this roster set.

but i'd like to ask how do you edit or update the draft pool?
i'm still using an older roster set and would love to update my draft pool rather then creating a player and having them a free agent
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:39 AM   #73
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Cubby, I don't know if this has been mentioned but when looking over team histories, the New York Yankees 2009-2010 is listed as a defunct Baltimore Orioles history. Can this be corrected?
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #74
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
Cubby, I don't know if this has been mentioned but when looking over team histories, the New York Yankees 2009-2010 is listed as a defunct Baltimore Orioles history. Can this be corrected?
Unfortunately, the only fix I've found is to do a complete re-import of the MLB file, which probably is a bit too much at this point. It will be fixed for the '12 file though.

Just read through the notes for the recent patch, and they have (rightly so) changed the ranking formula for the BA Top Prospects list, which MAY require me to tweak prospect ratings a bit. Since the top 30 are already re-rated, that won't require much, and we should still be on track for a Sunday release. I'll update if I get home and find that has changed at all.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #75
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

If somebody wants the Date as of Today your going to have to do redo Schedule to make it start on 8-1-11 but be less Games. Draft Picks from this year can just be created.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #76
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Well shoot - latest patch completely rewrote prospect ranking formulas so the rankings are slightly jumbled now. I won't have time to re-do them all, so apologies for those being off. We'll get 'em right for 2012. The top 30s for all teams HAVE been rated though. I disagree with the new prospect rankings, but there's nothing I can do about that.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:05 AM   #77
millhousebc
Minors (Double A)

Sorry, maybe a noob question, but what are the main diffeneces between update # 3 and what Cubby is going to release in a week or two? Both are editing/re-calc the prospects list. Thanks for any insight.
millhousebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #78
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousebc View Post
Sorry, maybe a noob question, but what are the main diffeneces between update # 3 and what Cubby is going to release in a week or two? Both are editing/re-calc the prospects list. Thanks for any insight.
Not noob at all - latest patch just rewrote the coding that ranks prospects, it didn't actually re-rate any of the players (some of which don't even have ratings at the moment). I've gone through and entered pitch types, speeds, ratings, etc. for each of the Top 30 on each team.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #79
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Hopefully Cubby's rosters are better than OOTP's. No way, for example, Kirk Nieuwenhuis has a 21 ceiling on the 20-80 scale.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #80
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
Hopefully Cubby's rosters are better than OOTP's. No way, for example, Kirk Nieuwenhuis has a 21 ceiling on the 20-80 scale.
If you are a Nieuwenhuis fan, I think you will be very happy if you play as the Mets. Close to ML ready with some significant upside.