Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 05-16-2010, 06:14 AM   #61
TheKenoshaKid
Minors (Triple A)

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I think I have a quick solution to the Independent league "reserve roster limit" problem.

Since the minimum for the reserve roster is 15, many indy teams will keep players on the reserve roster, making them kind of "stuck" there if they're not used. If they don't get called up and spend enough time on the active roster, they can't accumulate enough days to become free agents. Not a huge deal, but definitely noticeable.

But I was thinking, what if you set the "min days for one service year" option to 0? Instead of having to spend, say, a full 110 days on the active roster, anyone that signs with the organization can become a free agent at the end of the year. Of course, they could be signed by another indy team and placed on the reserve roster again, but at least this gives them a fighting chance.

If this works, this could also solve the problem where occasionally an independent team doesn't have enough players. Now they have the option of all these new free agents.

I don't want to screw up the AI, so I'm gonna have to test this, but I just thought of this like 5 minutes ago and it seems like a good idea...

EDIT: OK I tried it with the game I'm currently playing. I set the min. days to 0 for the Atlantic, AmerAssociation, Frontier, and CanAm leagues. Looks like all the players who signed a Minor League contract after I set the days to 0 won't have theirs renewed, while all the players that signed before will still have theirs renewed, but only for one more year. So far, so good (I think)

EDIT #2: Well looks like setting them to 0 causes the game to crash after a little bit. I tried setting them to 1, and there seems to be no crashing problem. But the ML service time in the player profile is all weird. It seems to correct itself when an Indy player gets signed by a Major League team. Still though, this seems like it could potentially mess stuff up in the long-term, with MLB service days/year normal and Indy service days/year set to 1. I really hope this works though

Last edited by TheKenoshaKid; 05-16-2010 at 08:48 AM.
TheKenoshaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #62
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

The read-me says the delete all of the players from the template, but the template is empty. Sometimes the game regenerates the players upon importing the template.

As for the service time thing and crashing, there really are so many different variables at this point that could lead the game to crash. Each day you simulate, the more the universe swells. Unless you have a ridiculously awesome computer, you'll most likely encounter a few problems.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #63
TheKenoshaKid
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
T

As for the service time thing and crashing, there really are so many different variables at this point that could lead the game to crash. Each day you simulate, the more the universe swells. Unless you have a ridiculously awesome computer, you'll most likely encounter a few problems.
That's definitely true. The whole thing is pretty intimidating.

But supposing changing the minimum service days/year (for those indy leagues) to 1 doesn't cause any errors or crashing (and it hasn't so far, knock on wood), what is your opinion of that strategy? You know a lot more about creating/editing leagues than I do. Have you ever heard of something like that actually being successful?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #64
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I don't save any Boxscores and Logs and have the Computer save on 12-31 other then when I exit the game.
Might try and Combined Independent Leagues and Leagues that don't have a Minor League that would help out.

Last edited by mgom27; 05-16-2010 at 08:41 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #65
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Uploaded Version 2.0...updated first post with appropriate link...probably last update.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #66
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

Awesome stuff. We need mass select for Available coaches though. 15,926 coaches is crazy!!!
chezboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:38 AM   #67
Dernosiar
Bat Boy

GREAT X100 THANK U
Dernosiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #68
King10Sooted
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Has anyone had any luck getting the AI to not let the rosters fall below the minimum in some of the Independent Leagues. The Nothern League, The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, and the American Association of Professional Baseball seem to have problems every year. Every year my sim gets stopped because of these 3 leagues and I have to fill the rosters manually.

I have been messing around a bit with the service time, but it doesnt seem to help that at all.

Also, thanks for all the awesome work you do on this dude. This is without a doubt the best mod that is out for this game.
King10Sooted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #69
TheKenoshaKid
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King10Sooted View Post
Has anyone had any luck getting the AI to not let the rosters fall below the minimum in some of the Independent Leagues. The Nothern League, The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, and the American Association of Professional Baseball seem to have problems every year. Every year my sim gets stopped because of these 3 leagues and I have to fill the rosters manually.

I have been messing around a bit with the service time, but it doesnt seem to help that at all.

Also, thanks for all the awesome work you do on this dude. This is without a doubt the best mod that is out for this game.
One thing I've done is turn off the spring training option for those leagues. It gives them an extra month to get players.

It still happens sometimes, but not as often, from what I've seen.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:37 PM   #70
King10Sooted
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks, ill have to try that. There has to be a reason they dont sign players though, it always seems to be the same teams too. I just cant figure out what the reason is lol.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:52 AM   #71
Velocity3107
Bat Boy

Just curious....

Is there a plan to update the MLB roster for this world or to add in the 2010 MLB draft prospects? I'm looking forward to starting a new dynasty and if a more updated version of this roster was being released soon, I'd prefer to wait.

Thanks!
Velocity3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #72
STLKyle
Minors (Double A)

I've attempted to start a game with this, and it keeps saying the world.dat file is missing. It isn't though as far as I can tell. Ideas?
STLKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #73
King10Sooted
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLKyle View Post
I've attempted to start a game with this, and it keeps saying the world.dat file is missing. It isn't though as far as I can tell. Ideas?
Have tried to delete it and download it again? That might fix it.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #74
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

The problem with independent league teams not signing enough players is a fundamental flaw of the games AI. In theory, all of the right options are checked, and teams SHOULD sign players (because there's probably only 5000 free agents!) but they don't. It's currently a limitation of the game itself, and in my opinion, a huge flaw.

As for updating and adding prospects, nope. It's already June, what good would that do?
Old 06-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #75
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Prospects just to get them on the Team that Drafted them this year.
Just add Fictional People to the Rosters.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #76
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Good luck with that, Rainman.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:57 PM   #77
King10Sooted
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yea, but do you have any idea why it is always the same handful of teams that dont sign players? Atleast that is how it is in my game.

Either way, thanks for the awesome mod. I dont like real players, but I like all real teams and logos and stuff. So I went through and deleted all the players and pictures and got everything set up with fake players and started an alternate baseball world beginning in 2010. Awesome work though, thanks a lot.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #78
STLKyle
Minors (Double A)

Do you have each league as a seperate template? I'm looking for a good Mexican league template.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #79
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

The best way to do that would be to delete all of the leagues except for the ones that you want to keep (in the case the CPBL and the Mexican League) and delete all of the free agents. You might want to delete the Hall of Fame too and you should probably do a search for players, and any player that doesn't have a team listed AFTER you deleted the free agents, you need to mass select all of those...that way no residue is left from the previous leagues. But, there's still the uncertainty that since the WOB was created with one version of the game, and you're probably playing with a patched version, it still might not work. You'll never know until you try it out. I've honestly spent too much time in the past messing around with this project, that I've officially thrown in the towel for the meantime.

Oh yeah, once you've deleted all of the unnecessary players, and you only have players that belong to the CPBL and Mexican Leagues, create a template.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 07-26-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:37 AM   #80
STLKyle
Minors (Double A)

Thanks, don't blame you. Its taken me a couple months just getting my MLB-***-KBO league even close to my unrealistically high standards! Still working on it though.

Last edited by STLKyle; 07-29-2010 at 06:38 AM.