Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 05-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #21
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

More Pesky Test Results....

I started testing the Amateur draft suggestion yesterday, and with only 4 years in, I've come to the conclusion that it really doesn't make a difference. The game still constantly creates players for the independent leagues...I'm thinking when the game prompts the "One round is not enough, your league will run out of players" that it will still continue to create players as not to "run" out. The AI doesn't see the universe as one universe, but as each league as a universe, which has it's obvious limitations. I'm also not particularly fond of the test results, as there were a couple of questionable trends (MLB signing independent players to bloated contracts, etc) that I was not seeing previously. I'll pick up where I left off, and continue with that build. Good suggestion though.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #22
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

A Few Mores Notes....

1.) I'm seeing some pretty silly behavior from the AI...for example, there's a player who was drafted in the 48th round of the draft by the Phillies, and ended up signing a $3million signing bonus! I'm unaware of any player, drafted that late, that signed for a bonus that high...and the best part is that he signed so late in the summer (August 1) and only pitched a total of 9 innings in the Phillies system before being released in April of the following year. Just bad AI.

2.) Whenever I release the universe, I'll release it as a .lg file, so it includes all of the jerseys/logos/caps, and then I'll also include two independent templates that should be implemented over time, so the universe can somewhat realistically emulate absorbing those players. These independent templates include stadiums (but not personnel) for those teams, and will also include researched financials.

3.) Again, some promising trends I am noticing is that MLB teams, when forced with a 50-round annual draft, must clean-house every year, meaning they get rid of any crappy players in order to prepare for the next draft. A vast majority of these players in real life either turn to independent ball, some are picked up my other organized ball clubs, and rarely do they play in foreign leagues (Mexican League, Hoofdklasse, Europe)....I'm unaware of any player who has failed to make it to AA or AAA level play in Japan or Asia. I know in recent years, Japan signs developmental players (I think Ikkusei or something) but they're usually Dominican, not American. I have plans after to eventually release an "add-on" to the core universe, which will have the Japanese independent leagues, and maybe some more additional leagues.

4.) The build is stable, I'm still just running some tests. Barring anything extreme, this should be released soon.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 05-07-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #23
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
4.) The build is stable, I'm still just running some tests. Barring anything extreme, this should be released soon.
How's this looking? Any closer to release? Thank You.

I've actually been working on a Fictional History of The American Association starting in 2006 then I will add it to my 2010 World. But I'll probably abandon it for your world when it's released.
chezboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #24
beardyian
Bat Boy

Cant wait - thanks for this
beardyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #25
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

This is pretty close to being finished, I'm just wrapping a few things up.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #26
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
This is pretty close to being finished, I'm just wrapping a few things up.
Can't wait!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:37 AM   #27
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Posted...please see first post for the download link. Will get it to Padresfan soon.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #28
linih
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for hardworking!
I prefer the project of Japanese independent league. Last year I had asked Justafan finish all the logos. You can check his thread and find anayting useful to your roster mod. But I'm not sure if you will fill each team with the real players. If so, that would be definitely a big project.....

Chin-Feng Chen
(born October 28, 1977, in Tainan City, Taiwan) (Traditional Chinese: 陳金鋒; pinyin: Chén Jīnfēng) is a baseball outfielder who was the first player born in Taiwan to play in Major League Baseball.

Last edited by linih; 05-12-2010 at 07:05 AM.
linih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #29
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I doubt I would do real rosters for the Japanese indie leagues, just because the chances of those players being successful outside of Japan are very slim, and it's difficult to find English sources. Plus, there's only been a few of big names (Irabu namely) to gravitate towards them.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #30
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

AWESOME! Thanks for all the hard work can't wait to start playing.
chezboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #31
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Peazip works with it but not 7-zip.

Last edited by mgom27; 05-12-2010 at 01:36 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #32
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Get Winrar, unrar it, put the .lg file in your Saved Game directory. I don't have Winzip, and never will.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #33
STLKyle
Minors (Double A)

Does this set include pictures of the ***, etc?

Looks great by the way.

Last edited by STLKyle; 05-12-2010 at 06:25 PM.
STLKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #34
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

No photos included with this set. Afterburner's SINE universe features ***/KBO photos.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #35
STLKyle
Minors (Double A)

There are no scouts on *** teams under personnel. Is there a way to change that?
STLKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #36
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

World of Baseball 11 1.1
Download World of Baseball 11 1.1.lg.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Updated link on first post, fixes remaining MLB affiliation problems, and also includes photos (credit goes to lukasberger, Blayze, Linih, Afterburner, I apologize if I forgot anyone)

Here is a link to Lukasbergers Independent photo pack:
Download Independent Photopack.zip

STLKyle: The ***/KBO/CPBL were not created by me, so I gave them minimal oversight, if any at all. I personally do not use scouting, but I would recommend turning it off, otherwise you will probably have to manually assign them yourself. Sorry!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #37
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Some of the Atlantic League files weren't properly cropped in my photopack. So for anyone who wants you can download this and overwrite your files.
Download Atlantic League.zip
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #38
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

I look forward to giving this one a whirl. Not my style of play but certainly looks interesting. Thanks for the work.

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #39
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

One thought about how the game creates xtra independent league players. Would it be possible under the options tab to set the created age min and max settings to 12 or 15 or something? Then you could see at a glance what players are randomly created and manually delete them.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #40
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Never really thought that. It'd certainly help to monitor the flow of the players...definitely something I will test. A possible problem with this is that with the league-generated players deleted, the teams won't sign enough or any players from the free agent pools. This is a major problem I have noticed, teams not signing players with plenty of cash and free agents available.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 05-13-2010 at 12:31 AM.